Handicap
Weather
LLIB
jbuck31
Ohiogolfer
QWKZ51
Jrt13
J.B.Cobb III

Hey guys, we can use this as our travel and extra rounds thread if anyone is able to get in early. I'd be down for splitting a room or looking into an Airbnb if you guys are interested.

LLIB
jbuck31
Ohiogolfer
QWKZ51
Jrt13
J.B.Cobb III

Hey guys, we can use this as our travel and extra rounds thread if anyone is able to get in early. I'd be down for splitting a room or looking into an Airbnb if you guys are interested.

I’m good with sharing a room, house, whatever. The cheaper the better. Where’s everyone coming from? I’m in the middle of no mans land at the OH/KY/WV border. I’m driving down.

Last edited:
I'm right around Columbus, Ohio and will be driving down.

Subscribed for practice round action...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down to play some golf, hang out as long as needed be, practice rounds, etc. I probably will be out on the rooms/ house. Being this is in my backyard, with only an hour & half drive and my in-laws living in downtown I'll be saving a few bucks on room reservations. The wife & kiddo are coming with, and hanging with them while I'm with y'all. The upside is, I'm off all summer so I can be there basically anytime for some pre event rounds, and I'll have my vehicle. So if anyone needs a ride or transport, I'll take care of ya!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm in Carolina Beach, NC which is basically Wilmington. I don't know what my travel plans are yet. My wife is leaving that weekend to go to NY, so I have to figure something out with my daughter. I would be ok sharing a place somewhere...not in my college apartment I had when I was going to school in Nashville though! Doubtful I can come in early for a practice round. But, who knows...still a lot to figure out!

I don’t know if I’ll be able to do any extra rounds. If so it would be Friday. I may go do a tiny bit of sightseeing though, never been to Nashville.

I don't know what my travel plans are yet either. I'm in Northeast Ohio, half way between Cleveland and Akron. Will have to do a little more investigating as to what the best logistics would be.

Oh...don't sleep on the VKTR Hybrid! It is awesome!

Oh...don't sleep on the VKTR Hybrid! It is awesome!
I'm really torn on it vs the utility irons. I spent part of the day combing their website looking at options. Going to be an agonizing build up between now and club selection day.

I’m in NW Arkansas for now. If it stays that way I’ll be driving and likely making a week trip out of it to sight see and perhaps squeeze in an early round with you guys.... I’m curious how this club selection process will go. What will our choices be for Driver/3 wood and putter? Balls?.... Looking forward to it fellas! Never been part of anything like this...

I’m in NW Arkansas for now. If it stays that way I’ll be driving and likely making a week trip out of it to sight see and perhaps squeeze in an early round with you guys.... I’m curious how this club selection process will go. What will our choices be for Driver/3 wood and putter? Balls?.... Looking forward to it fellas! Never been part of anything like this...

If it's like previous events, sometime between now and club selection day, JB/golfergal will post the selection criteria. We'll likely have a couple of days to look over the catalog and decide what we're want, shafts, flex, etc.. I've been browsing all day, but possibly in vain as we don't know what's on the table. It will be clear cut, you'll make your selection and when you arrive the clubs will be waiting for you. As for the woods, that's one of JB's patented surprises as BH doesn't currently have anything on the market... but possibly they will before selection date. BH does make some extremely fine putters that are in the hands of THP'ers currently for review. Not that I'm an expert by any means as this is only my 2nd event, but we'll get you through it! Soak it in man, there's no party like a THP party! If you come in early, lmk I'm not too far and we're could definitely meet up somewhere between here & there. Kenny Perry has a nice little public course just north of Nashville if anyone is interested in visiting it.

I have demoed the Ft. Worths, PTx, Edge, and VKTR hybrids. If you want to know anything, feel free. Also, I have posted pictures and reviews in the corresponding threads.

I have demoed the Ft. Worths, PTx, Edge, and VKTR hybrids. If you want to know anything, feel free. Also, I have posted pictures and reviews in the corresponding threads.
That will be a huge help, as I've not ever played Hogan or even a forged club! I've been intrigued by Ben Hogan Golf for a long time, both their story and the fact that I like that they go about business the right way. It's not about paying a superstar millions of endorsements dollars to play their stuff. They ignore that and go for the consumer, which is more important to me. I don't care who plays your equipmentas they could probably play with persimmon clubs and still play better than I. I want something that plays well for consumers. I'm absolutely beside myself about this event. I can't wait to get my hands on these and become their newest fan!

That will be a huge help, as I've not ever played Hogan or even a forged club! I've been intrigued by Ben Hogan Golf for a long time, both their story and the fact that I like that they go about business the right way. It's not about paying a superstar millions of endorsements dollars to play their stuff. They ignore that and go for the consumer, which is more important to me. I don't care who plays your equipmentas they could probably play with persimmon clubs and still play better than I. I want something that plays well for consumers. I'm absolutely beside myself about this event. I can't wait to get my hands on these and become their newest fan!

The PTx were my first set of forged clubs and it will be a non issue for you. The Edge irons do not get a lot of love but my roomie at the 2018 event @centuryhack got a set and everyone was impressed with these irons. I am going to play my PTx for at least another year before I decide on going back to a cast set. One thing is for sure, I will never have another cast wedge after playing the Equalizers!!

I am so excited for you guys!! Many of you would not have considered purchasing Ben Hogan clubs before this event. You will be kicking yourselves for not trying them sooner.

Round trip ticket from Raleigh, NC to Nashville is $304 dollars. Driving is 10+ hours one way.

Round trip ticket from Raleigh, NC to Nashville is $304 dollars. Driving is 10+ hours one way.

Man, that’s tough. I’ve never flown and I don’t mind driving but 10hrs one way is rough. Especially since there really won’t be any down time right away in Nashville.

I keep going back and forth between the Edge irons and PTx/Pro’s. On one hand I probably need the forgiveness of the Edge irons but I love the look of the Pro’s. My 765’s should be in tomorrow or Tuesday. Those should give me a better idea on what I need forgiveness wise and it’ll be my first go round with a V sole.

Man, that’s tough. I’ve never flown and I don’t mind driving but 10hrs one way is rough. Especially since there really won’t be any down time right away in Nashville.

You have never flown?
Super easy. Fast. Anything over 6 hours and I am flying without second thought.

I keep going back and forth between the Edge irons and PTx/Pro’s. On one hand I probably need the forgiveness of the Edge irons but I love the look of the Pro’s. My 765’s should be in tomorrow or Tuesday. Those should give me a better idea on what I need forgiveness wise and it’ll be my first go round with a V sole.

One quick note.
The event is not for a couple of months.
Every single participant can be a better golfer by then if they want to be. Some simple instruction. Some time on the range.

You have never flown?
Super easy. Fast. Anything over 6 hours and I am flying without second thought.

Nope and that surprises everyone I tell.

One quick note.
The event is not for a couple of months.
Every single participant can be a better golfer by then if they want to be. Some simple instruction. Some time on the range.

I’m definitely going to be putting in work. Mostly in the gym but on the course and range also.

I’m definitely going to be putting in work. Mostly in the gym but on the course and range also.

I need that HOF tag : )

I need that HOF tag : )

I never paid attention to that before. Never thought of you not having one. Team JB: pressure is on.

Back