The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

No when I booked everyone was already paired up in rooms.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Is someone roaming with you or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok well for some reason @vortex didn’t have a room. I’ll let you ya decide whether you wanna split or have separate rooms. Totally up to you guys but still wondering about @pete379 as no one knows what’s up

Ok well for some reason @vortex didn’t have a room. I’ll let you ya decide whether you wanna split or have separate rooms. Totally up to you guys but still wondering about @pete379 as no one knows what’s up

Pete379 sent a PM. He has a room in North Canton.

The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

Yikes.....uhhh that’s a good 15-20 minutes from the course and probably from the restaurant that is literally next door to the hotel we are all at. Can someone please send him the link to the hotel we are at? Cause that’s a ways away from the festivities....

Also....I just need to know if you and DJT will be together or not. If not, no biggie. You can have the other room and djt can have his own room. Just need to know if I should cancel it or keep it

Also....I just need to know if you and DJT will be together or not. If not, no biggie. You can have the other room and djt can have his own room. Just need to know if I should cancel it or keep it

I'll take it.

Pete379 didn’t respond to any of GG’s PMs either so the easiest way to get a hold of him was to reach out to his teammate. He took care of it for us. Maybe Pete is just shy?

Pete379 didn’t respond to any of GG’s PMs either so the easiest way to get a hold of him was to reach out to his teammate. He took care of it for us. Maybe Pete is just shy?

Apparently he has a room lined up for himself about 15-20 min south near north Canton. Not sure where that came into play but at least he has a room. There are still rooms available at our hotel though and logistically I’d imagine this would present much less of an obstacle.

Everyone else minus Gman is booked at the hotel in downtown Akron right next to the dinner spot!

Apparently he has a room lined up for himself about 15-20 min south near north Canton. Not sure where that came into play but at least he has a room. There are still rooms available at our hotel though and logistically I’d imagine this would present much less of an obstacle.

Everyone else minus Gman is booked at the hotel in downtown Akron right next to the dinner spot!

Man. A guy goes to bed a little early and misses some minor fireworks.

I tried reaching out to him a couple times yesterday but haven’t heard back. Hopefully it gets better after the event. Sounds like at worst though he (and everyone else) now has a room and we should all be good to go next week

We have a confirmed tee time for Shale Creek on Thursday at 1:30pm for 4. I plan to get there noon-noon:30 or so. For those playing please PM me your phone numbers so that we can coordinate if travel plans don’t go as planned.

1:30 was as late as they had, I’m assuming due to league. I’ll call a day ahead for rates (likely 50-60 range) and if I can do better with Golfnow or similar, I’ll go that route with it and book via that route.

Let’s get this baby on already! I’m playing everyday besides tomorrow through the event. So, so very looking forward to my internet golfing buddy Sean and rounds with him and dad kids and another Marine (retired) Monday and Tuesday, then meeting y’all Thursday and Friday.

I hope the golf is on point, but I can guarantee that me fully embracing this event is going to be on point. LFG!

We have a confirmed tee time for Shale Creek on Thursday at 1:30pm for 4. I plan to get there noon-noon:30 or so. For those playing please PM me your phone numbers so that we can coordinate if travel plans don’t go as planned.

1:30 was as late as they had, I’m assuming due to league. I’ll call a day ahead for rates (likely 50-60 range) and if I can do better with Golfnow or similar, I’ll go that route with it and book via that route.

Let’s get this baby on already! I’m playing everyday besides tomorrow through the event. So, so very looking forward to my internet golfing buddy Sean and rounds with him and dad kids and another Marine (retired) Monday and Tuesday, then meeting y’all Thursday and Friday.

I hope the golf is on point, but I can guarantee that me fully embracing this event is going to be on point. LFG!

PM sent, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What time is Fridays round? Just found out I have tickets to Bridgestone event.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Assuming 9/10ish

Yes you do! We’ll be on the North Course:)

You can watch the old fogeys anytime, lol. Come hang out with the cool kids on Friday. I’m pretty sure you’ll have more fun Friday hanging with us than watching John Daly hack up the South course:)

I’m just messing with you but from everything I’ve seen from these events, I wouldn’t waste a single second of it, whether it’s before the official event begins or otherwise.

I’d love to show you how to not manage a course on Friday and to just accepting living or dying based on what the driver decides to do.

Besides I think we have some sort of meet and great planned during the event anyways. I’m pretty sure that will trump tickets to being in the gallery, but these are just my presumptions and I could be way off base.

PM sent, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roomie, my man! If our team doesn’t win then I hope you do. At any rate it will be a 100% pleasure to meet you and listen to you snore overnight (well??? Anyways, lol). Once I open the PM I’ll shoot you my cell so you can let me know what time you’re getting in as we get closer.

Yes you do! We’ll be on the North Course:)

You can watch the old fogeys anytime, lol. Come hang out with the cool kids on Friday. I’m pretty sure you’ll have more fun Friday hanging with us than watching John Daly hack up the South course:)

I’m just messing with you but from everything I’ve seen from these events, I wouldn’t waste a single second of it, whether it’s before the official event begins or otherwise.

I’d love to show you how to not manage a course on Friday and to just accepting living or dying based on what the driver decides to do.

Besides I think we have some sort of meet and great planned during the event anyways. I’m pretty sure that will trump tickets to being in the gallery, but these are just my presumptions and I could be way off base.
Yeah I just read that item we have a meet up for the event.

Just booked them this morning we have 10-1030. Has to be a morning round so we have enough time to check in to hotel, shower and get ready for Friday’s festivities.

I can make them earlier.....as they were wide open

Friday 10-1030

PKorf
Nerdy_81
Smiter
GMan79
Hoosierness
Vortex
Pete379
DJT311

There’s two other foursome available to fill if any locals would like to join us.....

Friday 10-1030

PKorf
Nerdy_81
Smiter
GMan79
Hoosierness
Vortex
Pete379
DJT311

There’s two other foursome available to fill if any locals would like to join us.....

If we can fill out another foursome I could potentially make it out on Friday.

What course we playing Friday? I may have missed it if it’s been posted. I know it’s either Fox Meadow or Weymouth so thank you for the invite to your club!

Looks like work pulled a quick one on me. I now need to drop a trailer on my way over to be loaded for me to pick up again Monday morning or Sunday depending on how the day goes.

I guess I’m coming in Wednesday evening now.

You boys all fired up for this weekend? Gonna be a great follow!!!

You boys all fired up for this weekend? Gonna be a great follow!!!

Oh yes! I can’t wait to get it going, this is probably one of the coolest golf related things I’ve done and could easily be the coolest by the end of the weekend.

Forget who all is flying in Thursday to Cleveland airport. I know myself and @vortex are getting in around the same time 11:30-12. Wondering if should rent a car or has any transportation been worked out. If rental car is going to be easier can just do that but thought I would ask. 2 days left!!!!!

Back