The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

I’d just like to point out how good these look.....
f1510c7aa45ede318c5ba16a0897338d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d just like to point out how good these look.....
f1510c7aa45ede318c5ba16a0897338d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh, yeah. Those sure would look purty in my bag, wowza! I can’t imagine how good I’d look using those to drown a TourB RX at Firestone North, lol.

Anyone get a line on a nearby hotel yet? I want to stay where all the action is! Lol. (At my age all the action means comfortable bed and decent water pressure:)).

Anyone get a line on a nearby hotel yet? I want to stay where all the action is! Lol. (At my age all the action means comfortable bed and decent water pressure:)).
I haven't looked into this yet so if anyone has suggestions please share. Have only looked at plane ticket options so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty much with you there, although a bar in the lobby wouldn't be a bad feature either.

I took a quick look earlier. AirBnB was pretty weak so it's looking like hotel rooms will probably be the way to go.

I took a quick look earlier. AirBnB was pretty weak so it's looking like hotel rooms will probably be the way to go.

I'm pretty much with you there, although a bar in the lobby wouldn't be a bad feature either.

I haven't looked into this yet so if anyone has suggestions please share. Have only looked at plane ticket options so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I know @golferGal will be working on an itinerary in the coming weeks. In an effort to keep everyone at the same hotel....id suggest waiting on some direction from the boss on where dinners, meetings, etc might be located. I'm confident there are plenty of reasonable options depending on where they choose to eat. Id suggest staying in close proximity to those meal options so there is limited driving....(cough cough) if/when we start drinking lol.

Just my 2 cents....

I know @golferGal will be working on an itinerary in the coming weeks. In an effort to keep everyone at the same hotel....id suggest waiting on some direction from the boss on where dinners, meetings, etc might be located. I'm confident there are plenty of reasonable options depending on where they choose to eat. Id suggest staying in close proximity to those meal options so there is limited driving....(cough cough) if/when we start drinking lol.

Just my 2 cents....

Appreciate the insight sir! While we might all be THP’ers, it is nice to have an event veteran to give advice such as this.

And what’s this start drinking thing of which you speak? I haven’t stopped yet, lol! (PSA: I will not have a puked on shirt-from me anyways-to contest off after, I joke about drinking a lot more than I actually drink... but when in Rome....)

Appreciate the insight sir! While we might all be THP’ers, it is nice to have an event veteran to give advice such as this.

And what’s this start drinking thing of which you speak? I haven’t stopped yet, lol! (PSA: I will not have a puked on shirt-from me anyways-to contest off after, I joke about drinking a lot more than I actually drink... but when in Rome....)

Again....not really a “veteran.” Have just paid attention to a lot of travel threads of other events. There’s no need to jump the gun. We are all on the same awesome and glorious ride.

Trust me, once you’ve attended this puppy you’ll realize we are all regarded in the same light from the sponsor and certainly THP. You’ll get out what you put into it that’s for sure but please don’t think any one THPer is held in higher regard than the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

****ing @pkorf is a genius.
Or at least the smartest man in Ohio.

****ing @pkorf is a genius.
Or at least the smartest man in Ohio.

Hey... I tack eggseption with that! Their our other peephole in this hear stait.... :)

Again....not really a “veteran.” Have just paid attention to a lot of travel threads of other events. There’s no need to jump the gun. We are all on the same awesome and glorious ride.

Trust me, once you’ve attended this puppy you’ll realize we are all regarded in the same light from the sponsor and certainly THP. You’ll get out what you put into it that’s for sure but please don’t think any one THPer is held in higher regard than the next.

Ok, I get it, I get it. You don’t like being called that.

But it is nice to have someone along that has once experienced THP awesomeness and can offer guiding thoughts on how to proceed.

Said the same damn thing, lol, but hopefully you like the wording better?:):):)

Quick edit since I’ve been taken wrong a couple times.... if my smileys weren’t enough I was grinning ear to ear while typing that. Actually I have been since my name got called for this. I dare someone to try to make me stop grinning. July 15th, that’s when I’ll wipe the stupid looking grin off my face and just go back to stupid looking:)

Just my 2 cents....

Always great to see and meet THPers. I love the golf. The swag is always amazing. But man. THP event dinners are legendary. The 2 events I’ve been to have had the best food I’ve ever eaten. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for this one fellas!

Always great to see and meet THPers. I love the golf. The swag is always amazing. But man. THP event dinners are legendary. The 2 events I’ve been to have had the best food I’ve ever eaten. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for this one fellas!

Ive got a feeling this one wont dissapoint in any way shape or form on the food front hahahaa :fingers-crossed:

Need some quick action on the hotel response. I can book them but in order to reserve a good rate have to prepay which is fine but will then need some PayPal $$ sooner or later

Going to need some consensus. I can reserve threee rooms all 2 queens at the courtyard downtown for $157 which is $20 less per night but I HAVE TO PREPAY.....the non prepay rate is $185.....

FYI.....

@PKorf To answer your question in the other thread..

Driving up Friday morning and heading back Sunday afternoon/evening

The other option is not downtown and closer to JBs hotel. The way the area is laid out it’s not really feasible to walk from place to place but there’s a million options and the Uber would be less than $15 I’m sure

@PKorf To answer your question in the other thread..

Driving up Friday morning and heading back Sunday afternoon/evening

Ok perfect!

2 nights is preferred for me to. I’d maybe plan on a Friday morning round of golf if time allows and you get up here early enough?

Yep. Had planned to leave as early as needed to play Friday. Only about a 2 hour drive

@Pkorf - I mentioned arriving on Thursday. Sounds like everyone's coming in on Friday. First flight lands in CLE at 11:47. I'm still interested in playing a round on Friday but defer to others with respect to the schedule. Start by 1:00?(best case) Finish at 5:30 - 6:00? Clean up and travel to dinner...that's tight.

@Pete379 - are you planning to arrive on Thursday or Friday?

I replied in the other thread but I was planning to head over Thursday night so I have plenty of time in case of issues but I could leave early Friday morning or just stay somewhere sorta close thursday night and come rolling in Friday AM. Either way I'm in on whatever hotel we can all get into.

@Pkorf - I mentioned arriving on Thursday. Sounds like everyone's coming in on Friday. First flight lands in CLE at 11:47. I'm still interested in playing a round on Friday but defer to others with respect to the schedule. Start by 1:00?(best case) Finish at 5:30 - 6:00? Clean up and travel to dinner...that's tight.

@Pete379 - are you planning to arrive on Thursday or Friday?

Yeah that would be pretty tight. THPers playing in 4 hours is a stretch haha.
And dinner will be private room at a decent place, so we demand strongly recommend allowing time to shower and change.

Yeah that would be pretty tight. THPers playing in 4 hours is a stretch haha.
And dinner will be private room at a decent place, so we demand strongly recommend allowing time to shower and change.

Rule #1 of a THP event: Don't be a Richard
Rule 2: shower before dinners

Back