The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

@pkorf-I’m in for a Friday AM round if OK sir. Just tell me where and when to show.

Works for me. I may or may not snore too, I wouldn’t know because I’m sleeping, ha. Once I’m sleeping, I sleep like the dead. I’ll split with you. Thanks. Let me know how to get you the $

Same here, I've never heard myself snore haha.

Deal, if you just want to bring it with you I'm good with that otherwise I can do venmo or paypal. Up to you.

I’ll just hit you there if you’re fine with it. There’s no fees to hand someone cash. What is it, roughly 160.00?

I’ll just hit you there if you’re fine with it. There’s no fees to hand someone cash. What is it, roughly 160.00?

Works for me, I think I got the same rate as PKorf, comes out to 147.52 each.

Right, 150.00 each. Snore away roomie, lol. Very good chance I wont even know:)

I’ll move this to PM shortly but do you have Uber set up/know how to use it? I don’t plan to drive much once I get there and there is no Uber/similar here so I have never had the chance to use it.

I’ll move this to PM shortly but do you have Uber set up/know how to use it? I don’t plan to drive much once I get there and there is no Uber/similar here so I have never had the chance to use it.

I'm all set on the Uber front, I use that a lot in cities I'm not familiar with for many reasons including the obvious.

Funny to follow along as you guys sort out the snoring stuff. It's super-important by the way. I'm a light sleeper who doesn't snore. How do I know? I wake myself up if I snore.

Funny to follow along as you guys sort out the snoring stuff. It's super-important by the way. I'm a light sleeper who doesn't snore. How do I know? I wake myself up if I snore.

hahaha yeah that's why I brought it up. On buddy trips I either get placed in the snoring room or get told to get my own so I know its a problem, especially if a few drinks are involved. I may grab some ear plugs from work for Smiter, though if he's a sound sleeper he should be alright. I just didn't want anyone to stumble in unaware of the potential risks (lack of sleep/hearing damage).

Ha. The world could end when I’m asleep and I’d never know the difference. Once I’m out, I’m out. I actually pay my kids to wake me up for work, lol.

Sometimes my 10 alarms set on my phone wake me, sometimes they don’t.

hahaha yeah that's why I brought it up. On buddy trips I either get placed in the snoring room or get told to get my own so I know its a problem, especially if a few drinks are involved. I may grab some ear plugs from work for Smiter, though if he's a sound sleeper he should be alright. I just didn't want anyone to stumble in unaware of the potential risks (lack of sleep/hearing damage).

You won’t wake me, trust me on that. No need for ear plugs. When my kids were little and scared of the dark I’d always tell them, “don’t worry, there’s nothing getting past daddy to get to you”. My wife would always snicker at that one since she knew their only prayer was her waking me up. She has bat ears though so yin and yang?

I plan to use it as an advantage. Keep my roomie up all night with my snoring and he won't perform as well on the course. That all goes out the window though if my roommate is my teammate haha

I'm all set on the Uber front, I use that a lot in cities I'm not familiar with for many reasons including the obvious.

PTL. New tech stuff scares me. I’ve educated myself on how to post pics here, that’s about the extent of my tech-ability. I’ll get the Uber Ap, but I’m gonna count on you to bail me out, lol. I’ll deal with the snores, you figure out how to get us there. And of course I’ll split costs 50/50. ?

PTL. New tech stuff scares me. I’ve educated myself on how to post pics here, that’s about the extent of my tech-ability. I’ll get the Uber Ap, but I’m gonna count on you to bail me out, lol. I’ll deal with the snores, you figure out how to get us there. And of course I’ll split costs 50/50. ��

You sir, have a deal! I'm not the best with tech, I use it but certainly not to its limits. I haven't figured out posting pictures here yet, though to be fair I'm not sure I've really tried.

I plan to use it as an advantage. Keep my roomie up all night with my snoring and he won't perform as well on the course. That all goes out the window though if my roommate is my teammate haha

I didn't think of it like that. This should be a PSA to whoever gets paired with Smiter lol.

If were paired together and snore.....plan B is just to stay up....drink and do some putt out hotel room putting lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Curious......is everyone planning on leaving Sunday afternoon evening?

I leave Monday morning, but super early and am staying by Akron airport Sunday night

I leave Monday morning, but super early and am staying by Akron airport Sunday night

Ahhhh so you’re flying in to Akron.

I am yes

If were paired together wind snore.....plan B is just to stay up....drink and do some putt out hotel room putting lol

Plan B sounds way more fun than sleeping anyway

As far I can tell......

The room situation is currently this....

1: Nerdy / PKorf
2: smiter / hooiserness
3: djt311 / ???
4: pete379 / vortex

GMac is staying at home....so....just making sure no one gets shut out from the rooms before they’re gone

Last edited:
As far I can tell......

3: has one been booked?
4: ???

@pete379
@vortex
@djt311

GMac is staying at home....so....just making sure no one gets shut out from the rooms before they’re gone

I have booked all my travel just now. work has been crazy so have not been able to keep up on here. I will be flying in to Cleveland 7/11 and be in around 11:30 ish. I also booked a hotel room at Fairfield in medina 7/11 as recommend above and booked courtyard in Akron 7/12 to 7/14. If anyone still would like to bunk up let me know.

Only thing I haven't booked is a rental car, anyone getting to Cleveland on 7/11 could share a car if not that's cool can book one.

Also I will be game to play and extra round since getting in Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have booked all my travel just now. work has been crazy so have not been able to keep up on here. I will be flying in to Cleveland 7/11 and be in around 11:30 ish. I also booked a hotel room at Fairfield in medina 7/11 as recommend above and booked courtyard in Akron 7/12 to 7/14. If anyone still would like to bunk up let me know.

Only thing I haven't booked is a rental car, anyone getting to Cleveland on 7/11 could share a car if not that's cool can book one.

Also I will be game to play and extra round since getting in Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

As far I can tell......

3: djt311 / ???
4: ???

@pete379
@vortex

Just updated this

Back