The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

I can get as many of us and others out on Weymouth or fox on Friday.....no problem what so ever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet. We can lock that in for Friday. Just need to get our man a head count.

Thursday I am unable to get out of work, so I won't be joining, but Smiter said above he can work on that one.

I am in for golf any of the days, get in Thursday around 11:30 am.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thursday 2ish? Give me a head count on who’s in that day and I’ll find us somewhere to play. Dinner after? Or just eat at the course/every man for himself? Where are we staying Thursday night roomie? Same hotel as the event or did you book one for Thursday near Medina and the other one for Friday and Saturday?

I can ferry a guy or two from the course Thursday to our hotel if needed since I’m pretty local and will be driving up. Come to think of it, I can even pick up a guy or two from Cleveland Hopkins if needed Thursday. It’ll be a long and expensive Taxi/Uber ride from there to Medina/Akron if you aren’t planning on renting a car.

I’ll take Thursday and make it happen, just need an idea of everyone’s plans for that day.

I'm in for Thursday and Friday golf get in Thursday around 11:30 am and hotel for Thursday is in Medina

Thursday 2ish? Give me a head count on who’s in that day and I’ll find us somewhere to play. Dinner after? Or just eat at the course/every man for himself? Where are we staying Thursday night roomie? Same hotel as the event or did you book one for Thursday near Medina and the other one for Friday and Saturday?

I can ferry a guy or two from the course Thursday to our hotel if needed since I’m pretty local and will be driving up. Come to think of it, I can even pick up a guy or two from Cleveland Hopkins if needed Thursday. It’ll be a long and expensive Taxi/Uber ride from there to Medina/Akron if you aren’t planning on renting a car.

I’ll take Thursday and make it happen, just need an idea of everyone’s plans for that day.

Sorry, hadn't been online to see this. Hotel in Medina Thursday night, the rest downtown Akron. I'm driving as well so while I won't turn down a ride I can also ferry people. I'm not sure when I'll get in on Thursday but if you're looking at 2pm ish for a round I should easily make that.

Friday am for me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Ok so far we have a threesome Thursday with my pardner and my roomie. I could drive back Thursday and come back Friday but since my roomie is staying in Medina Thursday, I’ll just stay to help offset that cost for him. By the time I drive an hour each way I might as well stay splitting a room if that’s good?

Which hotel in Medina, and are all of the Thursday arrivals staying at the same one? If so I’ll look at golf and food local to it.

Then I’ll let the much more capableness of Mr Korf (cough something:)) take over for the planning for the Friday AM round. If he’s amenable to that idea (which I think he was IIRC?).

I’m also all ears if someone has specific ideas about a course for Thursday. Right now I’m thinking Shale Creek (it’s way nicer than most that I play:)). And I found out earlier this year, it drains pretty darn good. Which hopefully that resolved itself prior so I can quit building this pain in the ass Ark.

Smiter, sorry for the slow response regarding golf. I'm interested in playing on Thursday but may need to do some work stuff with a colleague who lives in the area. The good news is we may schedule this as a "green room" meeting. These meetings typically last about 4 hours... I should know by the end of next week if this is going to happen. Please move forward without me and I'll ping you if the green room meeting doesn't work out. Thanks again for organizing the round.

I'm in for Friday.

Shale creek or Pine Hills are the best options for Thursday. As far as food goes.....I would hold off as I believe there could be some plans in the works for that already to try and have some drinks and fare in the area with some other locals if they have time. Just giving u a heads up there. Right near that hotel in Medina there isn’t a ton of options and I’d think we would venture out a bit. I’m happy to be the guide in that regard....

I won’t know about Thursday golf for a while. Might be in might be out but either way I’ll meet up at night for the festivities.

Shale creek or Pine Hills are the best options for Thursday. As far as food goes.....I would hold off as I believe there could be some plans in the works for that already to try and have some drinks and fare in the area with some other locals if they have time. Just giving u a heads up there. Right near that hotel in Medina there isn’t a ton of options and I’d think we would venture out a bit. I’m happy to be the guide in that regard....

I won’t know about Thursday golf for a while. Might be in might be out but either way I’ll meet up at night for the festivities.

Sounds good sir! I’m imagining we won’t have too much of an issue securing a 2ish tee time on Thursday a day or two out for those that can join but won’t know for sure until then.

I’ll gladly let you plan the evening festivities Thursday. You know the area better than me, I was just the local’ist guy that I knew was in. Thanks!

Anyone else realize this is literally only two weeks out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh i do.......the book and I are keeping a keen eye on that prep Mr. @Pkorf.

The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

Oh i do.......the book and I are keeping a keen eye on that prep Mr. @Pkorf.

Rounds tomorrow and Saturday morning. Both rounds will have the new wedges in play. Practice sesh after tomorrow’s round and then 3-4 times next week with a crap load of short game and putting prep. Waiting for “the book” to set some lines and get some videos out....

@nerdy_81 and maybe a few others could help out?

Last edited:

My countdown has been on for awhile, so pumped

Played tonight. Gave serious consideration to coming g up and playing with you this weekend but I already have 18 planned with @OhioGolfer Sunday. Have 4 rounds scheduled next week as I’m on vacation. Plus a few more the following week leading up to the event. Hopefully I’ll come in riding a good wave and not a bad one. Wedges are getting more dialed in each time I get them on the course.

Played tonight. Gave serious consideration to coming g up and playing with you this weekend but I already have 18 planned with @OhioGolfer Sunday. Have 4 rounds scheduled next week as I’m on vacation. Plus a few more the following week leading up to the event. Hopefully I’ll come in riding a good wave and not a bad one. Wedges are getting more dialed in each time I get them on the course.

Have next Friday and Saturday as well. Still trying to get down to cbus.

Have next Friday and Saturday as well. Still trying to get down to cbus.

I’m playing with my cousin on the 4th and 5th up near Lake Erie. The 6th could possible work tho..

I’m playing with my cousin on the 4th and 5th up near Lake Erie. The 6th could possible work tho..

I’ve already got a 730 tee time if you wanna join me....where are you playing up near the lake?

I’ve already got a 730 tee time if you wanna join me....where are you playing up near the lake?

Eagle Creek on the 4th. Near Norwalk. Not 100% sure about Friday. I think Thunderbird Hills.

Eagle Creek on the 4th. Near Norwalk. Not 100% sure about Friday. I think Thunderbird Hills.

Yea. Makes sense. Decent track with 36 holes. Nothing great but I’ve played in a few outings out there. Lemme know

Yea. Makes sense. Decent track with 36 holes. Nothing great but I’ve played in a few outings out there. Lemme know

Pencil me in. I’ll let you know for sure. I think @OhioGolfer is off that day too.

Pencil me in. I’ll let you know for sure. I think @OhioGolfer is off that day too.

Your cousin is more than welcome to come as well.....or anyone else for that matter

Your cousin is more than welcome to come as well.....or anyone else for that matter

He’ll be heading back home. He lives in Nashville. Just coming up during the week

It’s been a while for Eagle Creek but it’s a great course. Good variety of holes and enough water to maybe prepare you a tiny bit for North.

You have a full 4-some? What time are you playing? If you have room and are playing early enough I might be in. Let me know.

Still trying to get a head count on Thursday the 11th. So far I have it as Pardner, Roomie, and me.

Anyone else? Thinking Mr Korf (cough something:)) has dinner and beyond taken care of Thursday night, the 11th? If that’s not a fact please let me know. I can plan if needed but your local knowledge far exceeds mine.

Also what hotel are we staying in Thursday?

Back