The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

I will be flying in from Minneapolis don't want to drive almost 12 hours. Right now will be requesting time off from Thursday July 11th to Monday July15th. May fly out late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. So i will be open to extra rounds. As far as lodging I am open to whatever. Will probably fly in to Cleveland and rent a car if needed.

This will also be my first official THP event and looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Too bad we won’t have the time but the Indians host the twins this exact weekend downtown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad we won’t have the time but the Indians host the twins this exact weekend downtown

Dang that would have been sweet to see but I am sure this event will keep my mind off of missing that

We are talking about the awesomeness of THP Events, no reason to spoil it with baseball conversation of boring.

Dang that would have been sweet to see but I am sure this event will keep my mind off of missing that

Yes it most certainly will. I’m certain if those flying in come in on Wednesday night or Thursday morning we can get some fun times in before everything starts up in Akron

We are talking about the awesomeness of THP Events, no reason to spoil it with baseball conversation of boring.

Hahaha it’s relevant....kinda.

As mentioned above.....logistically, NOONE is going to want to even accidentally be late for anything on this agenda. So, I’m suggesting everyone stay in the hotel unless within a 10-15 minute drive to Firestone

Thank you for all your help, it's good to have a veteran on board to try and keep all of us rookies in line :)

No veterans sir......just THPers. We are all in the same awesome boat together.

Hahaha it’s relevant....kinda.

As mentioned above.....logistically, NOONE is going to want to even accidentally be late for anything on this agenda. So, I’m suggesting everyone stay in the hotel unless within a 10-15 minute drive to Firestone

Yup. I’m an hour south and with the Senior Event going will want to be closer. Probably no hope of staying onsite with the Senior event going on is there?

Yup. I’m an hour south and with the Senior Event going will want to be closer. Probably no hope of staying onsite with the Senior event going on is there?

No. Those will all have been reserved for corporate sponsors of the “other” huge golf event going on that weekend lol.

Just read over the first page again......man this is going to be fun

hahahah yea it is!......and thats just what theyre "telling us"

It’s ridiculous and awesome. I took a closer look at the course this afternoon and I think I’ve already hit a few balls in the water... The course looks legit gorgeous though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hahahah yea it is!......and thats just what theyre "telling us"

Exactly...that's what I mean. From the short time I have been on here its been over the top every.freakin.time.

It’s ridiculous and awesome. I took a closer look at the course this afternoon and I think I’ve already hit a few balls in the water... The course looks legit gorgeous though.

Yeah itll be a challenge. But I like those

i posted in wrong threead.

Last edited:
Also wrong thread.

I was looking closer at the course more this afternoon and looks amazing. I also agree I see some balls going in that water.

I was looking closer at the course more this afternoon and looks amazing. I also agree I see some balls going in that water.

Can a mod add the same signature djt311 and pkorf have to mine for this event? Or someone PM the dummies guide to doing it? Thanks!

Can a mod add the same signature djt311 and pkorf have to mine for this event? Or someone PM the dummies guide to doing it? Thanks!
Took me awhile to figure out to but just copy from my signature then click on settings in upper right hand corner then look on the left under my settings and edit signature and paste what you copied and save.

Took me awhile to figure out to but just copy from my signature then click on settings in upper right hand corner then look on the left under my settings and edit signature and paste what you copied and save.

Thanks! I think I got it....

Thanks! Gotta have our flair!

No. Those will all have been reserved for corporate sponsors of the “other” huge golf event going on that weekend lol.

That “other” event, sure they might be playing for money and prestige, but imma bet right now we have more fun....:)

Sorry, I’ll stop with the hijacks... maybe:)

That “other” event, sure they might be playing for money and prestige, but imma bet right now we have more fun....:)

Sorry, I’ll stop with the hijacks... maybe:)

Even better. We are playing for tags!

FYI to those flying in: The closest airport is Canton-Akron (CAK). It's 9 miles (13 minutes) from Firestone CC. CLE is 44 miles (approx. 45 min)

My wife travels to KC a lot for work & they usually fly out of CAK (not sure what airline though). Anyway - you might want to check that destination to see if you can get a better deal.

I will say that it is a hell of a lot easier to get in/out of CAK than CLE. No comparison (especially now - CLE is renovating & picking up shuttles to car rentals is a freaking hassle the way they have it set up)

I was looking at them on google earth earlier too and I’m pretty sure I’d rather play the North Course. It looks a lot more fun than the South, which seems to be a bunch of pretty tight holes running back and forth. Pretty tight holes and I generally don’t get along. I can also pretty much guarantee I’ll be donating a Bridgestone ball or two into that lake too!

FYI to those flying in: The closest airport is Canton-Akron (CAK). It's 9 miles (13 minutes) from Firestone CC. CLE is 44 miles (approx. 45 min)

My wife travels to KC a lot for work & they usually fly out of CAK (not sure what airline though). Anyway - you might want to check that destination to see if you can get a better deal.

I will say that it is a hell of a lot easier to get in/out of CAK than CLE. No comparison (especially now - CLE is renovating & picking up shuttles to car rentals is a freaking hassle the way they have it set up)

Thanks for the suggestion and I like the way you're thinking. However, MSP->DET->CAK is ~$200 more than MSP->CLE.

Good thing Cleveland Rocks!

This is going to be legendary!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back