The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

Happy to provide ride from Cleveland airport. Local here and might be staying in fairlawn w/ friend/fam depending on itinerary.

I have booked all my travel just now. work has been crazy so have not been able to keep up on here. I will be flying in to Cleveland 7/11 and be in around 11:30 ish. I also booked a hotel room at Fairfield in medina 7/11 as recommend above and booked courtyard in Akron 7/12 to 7/14. If anyone still would like to bunk up let me know.

Only thing I haven't booked is a rental car, anyone getting to Cleveland on 7/11 could share a car if not that's cool can book one.

Also I will be game to play and extra round since getting in Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Did you pick the Delta flight or are you coming in on AA? Either way, I land at 11:47 on Thursday and depart on Sunday at 4:20. Do those times match your travel?

As far I can tell......

The room situation is currently this....

1: Nerdy / PKorf
2: smiter / hooiserness
3: djt311 / ???
4: ???

@pete379
@vortex

GMac is staying at home....so....just making sure no one gets shut out from the rooms before they’re gone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pete379 and Vortex are sharing a room...unless there's a snoring detail to share. :D

Happy to provide ride from Cleveland airport. Local here and might be staying in fairlawn w/ friend/fam depending on itinerary.
That would be awesome I think there are at least 2 others getting in Thursday to but not sure when yet

Are you golfing on Thursday afternoon? It would be awesome if you could give djt311 and me a ride from CLE.

Did you pick the Delta flight or are you coming in on AA? Either way, I land at 11:47 on Thursday and depart on Sunday at 4:20. Do those times match your travel?

Pete379 and Vortex are sharing a room...unless there's a snoring detail to share. :D
I am on American on way there and land Thursday 11:27 flying out Sunday 7:45 United but can always get to airport early.

I am on American on way there and land Thursday 11:27 flying out Sunday 7:45 United but can always get to airport early.

Bingo! We can either share a car or see if Gman79 can help us out for part of the trip and split Uber for the rest.

Bingo! We can either share a car or see if Gman79 can help us out for part of the trip and split Uber for the rest.
Sounds like a plan to me, Gman79 let us know if you can work it out.

As far I can tell......

The room situation is currently this....

1: Nerdy / PKorf
2: smiter / hooiserness
3: djt311 / ???
4: pete379 / vortex

GMac is staying at home....so....just making sure no one gets shut out from the rooms before they’re gone

Updated. Thanks boys

Sounds like a plan to me, Gman79 let us know if you can work it out.

League is on Thursday evening. Relatively inexpensive uber from airport to fairlawn. Down to get you closer depending on timing and flight plans.

Golf deal at Wally World! J/K https://i.imgur.com/MROKX5k.jpg
MROKX5k.jpg

That would be awesome I think there are at least 2 others getting in Thursday to but not sure when yet

I haven't decided yet what time I'm leaving Thursday morning to head that way, it's about a 4-4.5 hour drive but if the timing works, and I don't see why I can't make that happen, I'd be happy to meet up and take you the rest of the way. Hopefully its not raining, I don't have a bed cover on my truck but could throw in some large trash bags to wrap everything up.

I’m local enough I’ll be driving up. If enough are playing Friday AM, I can come up Thursday PM and stay for the duration. If there are for sure Friday AM golf plans, I can pick up from airports, play shuttle, etc. Split room with someone Thursday, etc etc. I’m on vacation now for the entire week so depending on what plans are made, just go ahead and count me in for anything Thursday PM on. First part of the week, I’ve gotta figure out our family vacation for the year. This will be our least desirable yet, lol. Haven’t a clue what we’re going to do, but it’ll be within an easy drive.

No Florida beach vacay this year. Maybe a Lake Erie beach vacay:) from the right angle, it looks like the Altlantic anyways.....

Also, who broke my Bridgestone logo? Dangit, will have to fix it now.

I haven't decided yet what time I'm leaving Thursday morning to head that way, it's about a 4-4.5 hour drive but if the timing works, and I don't see why I can't make that happen, I'd be happy to meet up and take you the rest of the way. Hopefully its not raining, I don't have a bed cover on my truck but could throw in some large trash bags to wrap everything up.

That’s my roomie right there folks. Duck tape and trash bags. He and will get along just fine.... lol!:)

That’s my roomie right there folks. Duck tape and trash bags. He and will get along just fine.... lol!:)

I feel like we’re already friends, the power of THP has kicked in.

I feel like we’re already friends, the power of THP has kicked in.

Ha! Snoring roomie! I’m friends with everyone on here. Or at least I imagine so. I was the bad egg when I first joined but only because my first and only prior forum experience, everyone hated everyone. I had to defend every word I typed there. It was caustic and toxic.

This place is different. This place is special. This is the fun place for Internet golfers. Everyone cheers on everyone else. We all hope that people we know get into events, even if we REALLY wanted to be there too. You can’t go to them all, lol. We congratulate our collective successes and offer sympathy when we need to.

Hell, I even had a thread last fall where I told everyone I knew I was in the wrong and invited the beatings that would inevitably follow. There were a few that chasitised me, and being honest, I deserved it. But a neat thing happened after that. It was kind of my turning point here, where I came to really believe in this place. I took some flak, as I should have, but no one was an ass about it. Most offered constructive criticism on how to handle that situation better. So much so that I asked for advice on how to make up with a neighbor that I neither wronged nor had wronged me, but was a part of it. There was bad blood between us, and I hated it.

Long story (I always have those:)) short, we’re now neighborly neighbors again. A lot of that was based on folks here giving advice.

I’m trying to be a kinder and gentler person. I mostly have always been in real life, although I’ve sometimes had a bit of a temper when I feel I’ve been wronged. It’s a work in progress, but I’m working on it. I feel I definitely have been online, well, here. I care for a lot of the folks here. I really do, even though I’ve never met most people on here. Never will given it’s a global online community. But I’ve made friends here that I never would have otherwise. I’ve tried (and sometimes failed, but I think mostly succeeded) in being a positive member and forum contributor. I try to be a friend to all and avoid the fray if it comes down to it.

So the bottom line is THP has been very good for me. I love this place and check in every day, if not several times. It’s taught me how to be a good forum member, which has helped me be a better person. I try to present the same persona on here that you’d meet in real life. (I don’t speak this much in real life, but my thumbs are outta control, lol!).

Long post. TL/DR. I love THP. It’s been good to me. I try to be good to it.

I forgot about this thread when I was reading back dated stuff on the main thread about the event.

Just about freaked out as I thought I had the rooms situation all figured out with Hoosiermess and I splitting and read him looking for a room (before we agreed to split one, lol). These two threads had me confused, which doesn’t take much. Lol!

Getting a bit nervous about the weather forecast. I hate playing in rain. Have fingers crossed already

We don’t mention the W word.

Ever

;)

But seriously

I didn't even know they made forecasts 6 weeks out

They do! The forecast is 85*, low humidity, clear skies, and a 6 mph breeze from the SW. The weird part is we'll have the exact same conditions on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday.

Getting a bit nervous about the weather forecast. I hate playing in rain. Have fingers crossed already

Nervous about the forecast? Are we playing this in two days? Lol..... there’s far bigger things to worry about....like what to wear....what to eat....what to drink....

Let’s not talk about the “forecasts” 6...yes 6 weeks away from the actual event.

Nervous about the forecast? Are we playing this in two days? Lol..... there’s far bigger things to worry about....like what to wear....what to eat....what to drink....

Let’s not talk about the “forecasts” 6...yes 6 weeks away from the actual event.

Hehe. Too many tabs open and got this mixed up with Taylormade event extra rounds thread. 6 weeks would be quite the stretch.

Good evening Gents,

As of Monday, we're 30 days out from the beginning of the extended trip (July 11). Curious to know who would like to play, when and where. Please share your thoughts.

Thursday, July 11
- start around 2:00?
- Cleveland area?

Friday, July 12
- Early start
- Need to finish by 3:30
- Firestone North?...if we could get on

I’m in for both days, wherever. Let’s go for it! Following the Taylormade event and others tells me the more fun we have with each other the better the event, I’m all in.

Planning to drive up Thrs night after work so I’m in for dinner/drinks but not golf on Thrs.

Friday morning I’m definitely in for golf.

Back