Iowa 2019 Unofficial Gathering

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
I believe the last time we hosted an unofficial gathering in Iowa, it was 2016. 2017 saw Iowa host a Regional Rivalry (which team #ShowMePrairie won, in case anyone forgot). And then there was nothing in 2018, how did that happen?

We are in the initial stages of setting it up. In particular, what I'd like to know is what dates work for people. Having organized many of these, all I can say is it is not possible to fit everyone's schedule. So we are just trying to pick a weekend that works for most.

As of right now, here's what I can tell you about this year's Iowa gathering.

Date: July 12-14, but it is still TBD.
Where: Somewhere in Iowa, but I'm leaning Eastern Iowa.
Courses: Still up in the air. Blue Top Ridge and Amana are on the list of possibilities though.

If July 12-14 doesn't work for many people, we may also try to schedule a weekend in late August.

So let's hear from people. Who's in? Who can't do it that weekend? If you can't do it that weekend, what weekend can you do it? Once we get the dates solidified, we'll choose the courses.

~Rock

I believe the last time we hosted an unofficial gathering in Iowa, it was 2016. 2017 saw Iowa host a Regional Rivalry (which team #ShowMePrairie won, in case anyone forgot). And then there was nothing in 2018, how did that happen?

We are in the initial stages of setting it up. In particular, what I'd like to know is what dates work for people. Having organized many of these, all I can say is it is not possible to fit everyone's schedule. So we are just trying to pick a weekend that works for most.

Courses: Still up in the air. Blue Top Ridge and Amana are on the list of possibilities though.

If July 12-14 doesn't work for many people, we may also try to schedule a weekend in late August.

So let's hear from people. Who's in? Who can't do it that weekend? If you can't do it that weekend, what weekend can you do it? Once we get the dates solidified, we'll choose the courses.

~Rock

Seeing as you were my captain for that HOF tag winning event...I would love to take part if you dont get enough guys from Iowa to fill it up. only dates that dont work me is early August as the boys bday is 8/5.

awesome to see this thread go up today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seeing as you were my captain for that HOF tag winning event...I would love to take part if you dont get enough guys from Iowa to fill it up. only dates that dont work me is early August as the boys bday is 8/5.

We never get enough guys from Iowa. Generally speaking, our usual attendees are from Nebraska, Missouri, Iowa and Illinois. Well, and Canada, but I haven't seen LeftySean around in a long time. The more the merrier.

~Rock

Very tentative for me.

You know I love this soooooooooo very much! :) @flyingwedge where you at? Give us a little "I'm in" from 40,000 feet :p

I will do my best to attend

Maybe we can shake @hawk from his nest? :p

seeing as i havent even played with some of my Illinois brethren it would make sense the first time I do would be in Iowa!!!

I am out for that weekend. I will be on vacation with the family. Depending on my travel schedule I might be able to make some August dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I love this soooooooooo very much! :) @flyingwedge where you at? Give us a little "I'm in" from 40,000 feet :p

+1
AA.jpg

I could make the 13th/14th work! Count me as a maybe.

I'm very interested in being an interloper at this gathering. However, I'll be at the THP Bridgestone Championship for the weekend of July 12-14.

I'm on like 100% call with a few resignations at work... but I could maybe swing Blue Top Ridge or something close.

I’m out for that weekend company trip. Any other date or August works. Really wanting this to happen

~Rock

I am at the mercy of the prince he’s driving lol I am pretty flexible with dates but being a new dad I am sure his schedule might be a challenge

Not just Iowa guys Illinois has been to a lot of these Iowa trips heck I think leftysean came from Canada for one

I'm very interested in being an interloper at this gathering. However, I'll be at the THP Bridgestone Championship for the weekend of July 12-14.

Damn the luck lol

Not just Iowa guys Illinois has been to a lot of these Iowa trips heck I think leftysean came from Canada for one

@leftysean came for all of them from Canada! He's a trooper.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Blue Ridge Packages aren't too bad at retail posted prices!
Package Includes
* Weekday price: $225 plus tax* (Sun-Thur)
* One weekday night Sunday thru Thursday in a Deluxe King or Double Queen Room.
* 2 rounds of Golf with Cart & Practice Balls
* $40.00 Resort credit (may be redeemed for retail items, Spa, or at food outlets - not available for use on the course, towards gaming or current hotel stay)

* Weekend price: $295 plus tax* (Fri-Sat)
* One weekday night Sunday thru Thursday in a Deluxe King or Double Queen Room. Make it a Friday or Saturday night for an additional $50.00 plus tax and receive an additional $20 in Resort credit!
* 2 rounds of Golf with Cart & Practice Balls
* $60.00 Resort credit (may be redeemed for retail items, Spa, or at food outlets - not available for use on the course, towards gaming or current hotel stay)

Pretty close to locking this in as far as dates. Last chance to speak up.

And thanks to icey for investigating lodging options.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the July dates don't work. I would have loved to come.

Back