Iowa 2019 Unofficial Gathering

I'm sure everything will be fine by Summer.

Good to know people still like golfing in Iowa.

~Rock
Even though it's been foreeeeeeeeever!

I wanna play Corydon with 3 clubs, have a drink with the mayor, watch @IceyShanks play golf in a suit...and talk @bulldog and @Nebgolfer out of Iowa golf Retirement....

Is that too much to ask?!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Even though it's been foreeeeeeeeever!

I wanna play Corydon with 3 clubs, have a drink with the mayor, watch @IceyShanks play golf in a suit...and talk @bulldog and @Nebgolfer out of Iowa golf Retirement....

Is that too much to ask?!

No, it's not too much to ask. Corydon is still here. Although since you last played, conditions have improved dramatically thanks to a couple of retirees who volunteer a LOT of time mowing.

As for playing golf in a suit, now that I have a simulator on the other side of my office, I've been known to go over during lunch hour and play 18 in my suit. Not my favorite way to play, but it's something.

~Rock

No, it's not too much to ask. Corydon is still here. Although since you last played, conditions have improved dramatically thanks to a couple of retirees who volunteer a LOT of time mowing.

As for playing golf in a suit, now that I have a simulator on the other side of my office, I've been known to go over during lunch hour and play 18 in my suit. Not my favorite way to play, but it's something.

~Rock
Sounds like Corydon 2021 is a thing then...

I may be able to make my way up there as well.

No promises at this point in time obviously, but would definitely be interested (tentatively)

I may be able to make my way up there as well.

No promises at this point in time obviously, but would definitely be interested (tentatively)
Holy cow! Iowa topic brings ghosts back! I hope you are well sir!!

Sounds like Corydon 2021 is a thing then...

I mean, I wouldn't say it's NOT a thing at this time.

~Rock

I mean, I wouldn't say it's NOT a thing at this time.

~Rock
You and that lawyer speak

Doing pretty well. Trying to stay warm.
Yeah, that seems to be quite the mess for a lotta folks lately. Eeek!

Just returned home from a pilgrimage to Sioux City. For the past 10 to 12 years, a brother-in-law and his wife... who live close to us... and my wife and I head to Sioux City. We meet two cousins and their wives from Minnesota. It's about halfway for both of us. We always stay in the same hotel each year. Did miss 2020 due to COVID. Good to be back this year.
Us guys play golf for 3 or 4 days while the gals shop and gossip. We found Whispering Creek which give us a test... and tires us old geezers out!!! Fantastic course. For years, we've played Green Valley. Really nice public venue and this year certain wasn't a disappointment. The third course we will switch out. This year played Covington Links. An old course that used to be top notch. Has fallen into some disrepair, but was fun to warm up on. Don't know how many Iowans have had the chance to play Whispering Creek, but if you love challenging golf on a championship course.... give it a try.

Well well well I thought Iowa had died and closed all the courses I am in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget me!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Just gonna leave this here...
d8165887707aeb7257d5b3c6efeb3418.jpg

That's low! You wanna fight?

A hole in one and a golden cow. My time in Iowa has been pretty successful

A hole in one and a golden cow. My time in Iowa has been pretty successful

Enough talk let's do this

Don't forget me!

Oh I haven't forgotten you and if I could get into the safe here I would pull out 3 signed dollar bills I got from you because I can hit it closer on the par threes

Oh I haven't forgotten you and if I could get into the safe here I would pull out 3 signed dollar bills I got from you because I can hit it closer on the par threes

Like Son like Father I see!

Corydon 2022???

Iowa 2022

Back