ZBeekner4’s Journey to the 2019 Grandaddy

Interesting....I’m putting the erc through the paces for now but I’m planning to test the CS as well. Now that I see you’ve played all the above balls, I really want to try the chrome soft.

I’ll certainly be posting more about that in here.

I’ve been a bit overwhelmed at work but should have a few days to play next week and weekend. Lots to come for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i too want to try chromesoft, but i don’t want to give up triple track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just catching up with your thread. Thanks for taking us with you.

I too love the TT on the ERC and CSx and am not willing to give it up for the CS. I’ve looked for an aftermarket stencil/marker tool but haven't found anything that gives 3 solid lines. Closest I’ve found is this.

Looking forward to your next installment of your adventure.

Keep the posts coming when you can; these threads definitely make the Grandaddy feel more like the major event that it is with anticipation and lead up to it.

Just catching up with your thread. Thanks for taking us with you.

I too love the TT on the ERC and CSx and am not willing to give it up for the CS. I’ve looked for an aftermarket stencil/marker tool but haven't found anything that gives 3 solid lines. Closest I’ve found is this.

Looking forward to your next installment of your adventure.

I also really like the triple track but it’s not something I can’t live without. If I was a betting man though, I’d bet triple track will be available on the CS soon enough.

Keep the posts coming when you can; these threads definitely make the Grandaddy feel more like the major event that it is with anticipation and lead up to it.

I agree, I like reading my teammates threads as well. Truthfully, I’m learning about each of them with everyone else!

Thanks for following along fellas!

Just caught up; good posts & love seeing your thought process as you prep for the event!

Interesting....I’m putting the erc through the paces for now but I’m planning to test the CS as well. Now that I see you’ve played all the above balls, I really want to try the chrome soft.

I’ll certainly be posting more about that in here.

I’ve been a bit overwhelmed at work but should have a few days to play next week and weekend. Lots to come for sure.

Can’t wait to read your impressions of those balls. Both are really good. I agreed what TT is awesome, but the performance of the CS just works better for me.

ZACK!!! First of all congrats for about the 7th time (been slacking I know). Got a chance to read through the first stage of your journey to the GD. Love the mindset going in. Having seen your game firsthand I know you'll be ready for the everything the Hideaway will throw at you. You're already a great asset to the team.

Thanks for keeping us updated through your process.

Alright played 18 today at a course I haven’t played in a long time so not too familiar with distances but got comfortable really quick for some reason. Arnold Palmer design course east of Atlanta.

REALLY liking the ERC. Distances were long today and I think I might’ve underestimated how far this ball goes. It also continues to launch high which I am perfectly fine with cause I had problems with launch sometimes being too low and balls rolling out.

Shot a 39/40 79 with 3 birdies. Almost had a HIO, ball rolled towards the hole and only needed a few more rotations!

My miss today was the same that its been for a while. I come over the top just a bit and 2 things happen. If the club head is square or pointed towards the target, I get a straight shot or it cuts just slightly. When the club head closes down, because I’m a little out to in, its dead left with a draw = bad news. It gets worse the longer the club. Today the driver was left of left...really let the face shut through impact and it put me in some bad spots. Anyways, managed my misses and kept a decent score. I continue to work to get the club coming from the inside more.

Heres my 50 degree wedge, not as pronounced but the ball ended up about 10 yards left of the pin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt31qRPI6-w&feature=share

Sand game was good today and is typically a strength. This one ended up about 5 feet past the pin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qub9cYryJ0&feature=share

Another 18 this morning. Played with a buddy and we were one of the first groups out, finishing in 2.5 hours!

Anyways, a few weeks back, I noticed I was squeezing the club fairly tight and decided to try something new. Really loosened my death grip and had almost instant success with it. Tried it again my last 2 rounds focusing on a light grip and it’s been a game changer for me. Fast forward to today’s round and it was my only swing thought all day.

Although I shot an 84 with 2 triples on stupid mistakes, I’m really happy with my ball striking at this point.

Hey Zack, if you need someone to practice against on the east side of town, I'm available some.

Hey Zack, if you need someone to practice against on the east side of town, I'm available some.

Yes absolutely I do. Would be down for some match play or something to practice between now and December!

Yes absolutely I do. Would be down for some match play or something to practice between now and December!

Lets do it. Where do you usually play? I already have a tee time for this Saturday but I’m probably free the next couple Saturdays. Starting in September my son has soccer most Saturday mornings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lets do it. Where do you usually play? I already have a tee time for this Saturday but I’m probably free the next couple Saturdays. Starting in September my son has soccer most Saturday mornings

Home course is Bears Best but I’ll play anywhere. St. Marlo, Reunion, Ga Club, UGA, what about yourself?

Home course is Bears Best but I’ll play anywhere. St. Marlo, Reunion, Ga Club, UGA, what about yourself?

I like Bears Best. I usually try to get up there one or two times a year when I get a deal. Mostly I play Stone Mountain, Heritage, Smoke Rise or CC of Gwinnett.

Just read this through Zack, great thoughts and I feel like I know you a little better. Keep up the hard work and I will see you in person in about 4 months.

Just read this through Zack, great thoughts and I feel like I know you a little better. Keep up the hard work and I will see you in person in about 4 months.

Thanks for reading through! Lots more to come and I’m looking forward to getting to know you as well man!

Alright so quick update. I have a MD4 forged 54 degree wedge and a PM grind 58 degree coming from McLovin in the mail to test out for a bit. I really want to get more comfortable with the forged Callaway wedges and also see if I want to possibly go the PM grind route with 1 or more wedge spots come december.

Ball update: ERC has been incredible EXCEPT for the spin on those crucial wedge shots inside 100 yards. It rolls out no matter how well I nip the ball. Im going to test some Chrome Soft in my next round. I know it will spin more than the ERC but I also dont want to lose the distance in my mid- and long-iron game that I gained with the ERC.

Irons: I got to hit the Apex Pros about a week ago and I freakin loved them. Such a fantastic iron that absolutely explodes off the face. I could game those today if I needed to. Obviously we'll be looking at all new pre-release stuff in California so im not committing to anything specific but its nice to have an idea of what I like in the current lineup.

Putter update: Again, new year means new shapes and new tech (likely) but I am loving the v-line and double wide with the double bend and full offset shaft. The insert, the stroke lab shaft, everything just feels so good. Ah, I cant wait to go to california!!

Playing a round at Bears Best tomorrow with one of my longtime friends. I’m in his wedding in November but we don’t get to hangout very often. I’m really looking forward to a fun round with him.

zbeekner4;n8878697 said:
Playing a round at Bears Best tomorrow with one of my longtime friends. I’m in his wedding in November but we don’t get to hangout very often. I’m really looking forward to a fun round with him.

that should be a nice little test for the golf game. Good luck and have fun!

zbeekner4;n8875877 said:
Ball update: ERC has been incredible EXCEPT for the spin on those crucial wedge shots inside 100 yards. It rolls out no matter how well I nip the ball. Im going to test some Chrome Soft in my next round. I know it will spin more than the ERC but I also dont want to lose the distance in my mid- and long-iron game that I gained with the ERC.

Definitely try the CSx Triple Track. Distance of the ERC Soft with bite!

chpar4;n8878834 said:
Definitely try the CSx Triple Track. Distance of the ERC Soft with bite!

i would think those would be pretty different, right? csx a firmer ball for more spin, lower launch. erc soft a softer ball for less spin and higher launch. just my understanding i could def have that wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ZBeekner4’s Journey to the 2019 Grandaddy

Love following as I know your game really well and frankly, IÂ’m invested in your participation

Thanks again for doing this. I remember
Calling out this dude I met at the driving range during my Grandaddy prep thread...full circle brother.

SouthernShred;n8878862 said:
Love following as I know your game really well and frankly, IÂ’m invested in your participation

Thanks again for doing this. I remember
Calling out this dude I met at the driving range during my Grandaddy prep thread...full circle brother.

Crazy how it’s all come full circle. I remember following your journey back in 2016. If you make your way back this direction, definitely need to make 18 happen somewhere. It’s been too long my friend!

Alright so quick update on today’s round:

Went with the ERC to try to give it another shot. I had a 72 yard shot into a tucked pin on 15 (a short par-4) so my only choice was to nip the ball & go for a hop and stop shot. I hit as best I could and i couldn’t see the green but it seem close. Walked up the green to find my ball 4 feet short of the divot. I asked my playing partner if it spun back and he said it definitely had some juice on it and spun back. So THAT was promising.

I had 2 swing thoughts today: smooth tempo and loose grip. It’s so simple and something I should probably write on the side of my golf bag lol

One of my favorite instructional books is “”Be a Player””

they almost preach a mantra of only focusing on three things at the course: Balance/Tempo/Tension.

Back