Unnofficial Illinois - Chicagoland Golf Gathering 2019 - Part 2

e8021a85aa915f0daf0813e30f1b2f19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m a 4 from the tips.
7160a3fa6d26602bf93212d7a3c0b68b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry for triple post but i promise you unless the rest are single digits we wont be playing the tips lol

Im a 12 from the tips. After watching the flyover 7000 yards on that course sounds like a long day. Most THP events play around 6500 yards, which is where I normally play from. The gold/black combo tees fall in that range and are probably a good test for most of us.

03eba6b42b00d8e1bea91965c8becb54.jpg

Im a 12 from the tips. After watching the flyover 7000 yards on that course sounds like a long day. Most THP events play around 6500 yards, which is where I normally play from. The gold/black combo tees fall in that range and are probably a good test for most of us.

Dang, Game is in good shape Huh?

I didn't realize this feature was available in The Grint app. I've been wondering what my course handicap would be when I travel. Must be a pretty difficult course. I go from a 13.4 to a 16 when I select the Blue or Blue/Black tees.

I didn’t either. Slope on the course is 140ish so I would say it’s tough. I will be a 13.

Yep based on the slope and course rating it seems pretty beefy. My course handicap is 2.5 higher at this course and I doubt I'll even shoot that.

Looks like a really nice course though, even though it will be a challenge. It's been on my "hope to play someday" list so I'm pretty excited. Looking forward to it!

Me too. Excited to get out there and suffer a bit. Lol.

I usually play the tips every course I play. Playing in tournaments they’re not exactly moving them babies up ya know.
I can handle 7000-7100 but I usually look at par threes. Sometimes the major contributor to length can be tees that are 50 or so yards behind the blues lol. So many par 4 and 5’s that’s okay but I never liked playing par 3’s longer than 210. When they start to get 230-250 I say okay wtf guys. Lol. Some have all the par 4 and 5’s 20 yards back but on par 3’s they crank it up to 60-70 yard and that’s just too big.
Toughest course I’ve played was 7245 and it was too much. Every par 4 played like 475 and tight with deep 4 inch rough. Slope was 155. Ledgerock golf club in Pennsylvania. Holy cow. I don’t think any pro in the world could reach two of the 5’s in 2.
630 uphill the whole way with 160 in to green all carry over a gully.
603 down hill to a max drive of 280 before a gully or if you could carry one 350 then you’d get over gully. Uphill all the way after that
18- 650 down hill big time off the tee but then flat with 150 and in has to be carried due to gully with the last shot it’s up hill big time.
Uphill equals no roll btw. So if someone could carry their ball 350 they’d still have about 300 carry to the greens.

After looking at their yardages and par 3’s I’ll play the gold. 6782. No par 3’s over 202. The tournament tees they love the par 3’s back 30-40 yards and almost all others are the same with a few exceptions.
They play the trick too in order to get their back tees over 7000.

I think it’s fine if all don’t play the same tees. I always like the distance rule. If I’m hitting 5 iron from 200 - which tees do you need to play to also hit 5 iron. if my average drive leaves me with 9 iron then play tees where you’ll have a similar club into the green. When people use handicap it’s skews things. I hate watching guys hit hybrids and 3 woods into greens because no tour on earth has courses long enough where the best in the world are hitting those clubs into par 4’s etc.

gold is as far back as I go....just play the golds man even if you are scratch lol.

im not looking for a 5 hr round so those that want to treat this like a THP event and just looking for some fun ill want to be in that group as id prefer to play from same tees as my group.

you big boys can point and laugh and just dont hit into me too many times lol

will be a good time regardless obviously!!

Last edited:

Just called mistwood to let them know we have 6 instead of 8. We’re all set

I think we played the gold/black at blackstone the last outing?

I didn't hit as long as BB81Smith and Trmpt98, I was like 40-50 yards less than them, and even with the multiple blow up holes on top of sub par putting I stayed under 100 (just barely).

Just called mistwood to let them know we have 6 instead of 8. We’re all set

kudos for running point man. appreciated

Based on course handicap (16) I'm right on the bubble between Black & Blue for suggested tees.

Gold 0-6
Black 7-16
Blue 16-25
Red 25+

I got my outfit all laid out. I’m gonna dawn the knickers for the first time in a while lol. Can’t miss me! White knickers blue shirt white hat and probably arm sleeves. Got some arriving today so I got no clue on which color I’ll rock.

alarm just got smacked. wind appears to be a non factor. perfect day to get my ass kicked

alarm just got smacked. wind appears to be a non factor. perfect day to get my ass kicked

I’m on my way, stopping for some coffee. See everyone about 9.

940 arrival for me. late start for some fam stuff

Warming up on the range.

d6c08c5105a1155819f4c0d44b29d4ae.jpg

Off and running. We got 3 on 3 each team uses best two balls. Net scores from the black tees.
89c69024abd166b4ed4ea4cefc9d9ccb.jpg

ac74e02ed33aea2619d2076979b62083.jpg

First hole we par and boogied as a group. Smith group was that is

Picture of 2nd

Back