Unnofficial Illinois - Chicagoland Golf Gathering 2019 - Part 2

Did you guys leave us any good weather?

Arrival to Chicago tomorrow, then over to Budget Golf for THP Event stuff, then playing Olympia Fields with UST Mamiya and THPers.

JB;n8875946 said:

Arrival to Chicago tomorrow, then over to Budget Golf for THP Event stuff, then playing Olympia Fields with UST Mamiya and THPers.

We certainly left plenty of birdies out there. Hope the weather is great for you guys. Should be a blast I’ve heard the course is sweet. Can’t beat a private track and ust mamiya plus thpers = recipe for success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB;n8875946 said:

You should have some pretty decent weather this week. Can’t wait to follow along. I think I saw Olympia Fields has a PGA stop scheduled now in 2020. Stay away from Medinah, going to be a
Zoo up there with the BMW going on.

Hey now, I am gonna be spending most my week in Medinah. Top 70 players in the Fed Ex cup playing. WhatÂ’s not to love about that?

Boder;n8876148 said:
Hey now, I am gonna be spending most my week in Medinah. Top 70 players in the Fed Ex cup playing. What’s not to love about that?

For you it’s wonderful, for me I’ll be watching on tv. I’d much rather go. Didn’t realize it was going to be there, I’ve never been to a pga event and that would have been awesome. Maybe next year when they have an event at Olympia Fields.

B81Smith;n8875942 said:
-CJ- enough coaching already lol. Let another guy get a chance. Hahaha. Baseball basketball soccer, what else besides football is there to coach?! IÂ’m kidding of course but I sure hope all those kids sure appreciate your time.

What other legitimate excuse can I use for not doing stuff around the house? Also if I didn't coach how can I pull the "honey I don't get a lot of free time for myself so is it okay if a spend a whole day golfing with random people from the internet?"

I don't do football, because I never played organized football.

Just chiming in. Since I'm new to this forum I'm wondering if you guys will be having another out this summer or fall?

Sounds like we absolutely want to give it another go. I’ll wait a week or two and start up another thread for number #3.
I’ll post an update in here when I create it.

Hahaha. Can’t wait guys. It’s been a blast for golf this summer.

B81Smith;n8877839 said:
Sounds like we absolutely want to give it another go. I’ll wait a week or two and start up another thread for number #3.
I’ll post an update in here when I create it.

Hahaha. Can’t wait guys. It’s been a blast for golf this summer.

im in anytime outside of late sept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

d02d609219664568de0cbd5279873bae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe big run for our last outing. Heard itÂ’s closing for good at the end of the season and it had hills galore and huge trees. The elevation is unique around here in flat old Illinois
Sam Snead co-designed it. If you’ve never played it’s a must before they either close it or sell it and who knows what happens then.

B81Smith;n8883786 said:
Maybe big run for our last outing. Heard itÂ’s closing for good at the end of the season and it had hills galore and huge trees. The elevation is unique around here in flat old Illinois
Sam Snead co-designed it. If you’ve never played it’s a must before they either close it or sell it and who knows what happens then.

Just a suggestion, but Big Run might not be the best choice. When I played there back in early June the course was in very poor condition due to all the rain had in the spring this year. If the rumor I heard about them closing after this season ends I wondering if they would spend the money for the rehab it needed to get back in shape. Old Oak golf course in Homer Glen would work well I think. But like I said it's just a suggestion.

So I have only played one round since our last outing. Upper back is jacked up. Healed or not, I will be ready for part 3!

Yea I haven’t gotten out much. Just lack of time and the weather not cooperating. Sad it feels like the seasons basically over but should be some decent days left.

B81Smith;n8906696 said:
Yea I haven’t gotten out much. Just lack of time and the weather not cooperating. Sad it feels like the seasons basically over but should be some decent days left.

I've run into this also. Seems like it happens every September when golf league is over. Luckily I was able to get out last night but it wasn't pretty after not swinging a club for 2 weeks. I have some plans to play a few more times here over the next month but we shall see what happens.

Back