Guests at your course

We have some of the best conditions around, hold the oldest 4Ball in the country and have a few industry leaders the call it home. Just to talk with the guys is worth the price. We also have a town owned municipal course which is also in tremendous shape. Acushnet River Valley and New Bedford Country Club.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My home course showcases well. Good friendly service, great warmup area and grass range, conditions are always prime, fairways are carpet and greens are a beautiful combination of receptive & fast. Bunkers actually have sand in them which is rare in these parts.

As to past feedback, generally very positive I'd think.

Most common criticism I hear is of the bunkers and I concur. The drains have been compacted and water will pool in some for days after a heavy rain.

They are addressing them one by one. Appreciated, but now we're left with varying conditions as to sand depth and consistency from one to another.

But tee boxes (some could stand minor leveling), fairways, rough, greens, fringe... all very good.

Challenging yet fair test from any tee. I love the place as it's made me a better golfer.

I guess I should ask @alexped2393 about my courses :D

From playing league matches I have had a lot of people say how much they enjoyed my course when they have played at our club

I guess I should ask @alexped2393 about my courses :D

From playing league matches I have had a lot of people say how much they enjoyed my course when they have played at our club

A very pleasant surprise, greens were in great condition as were the fairways and other short grass areas.

Rough was penal if you went in the mega deep stuff too which I like a lot.

Layout kept me interested all the way around which is a weakness for a lot of the courses around here. Great track

A very pleasant surprise, greens were in great condition as were the fairways and other short grass areas.

Rough was penal if you went in the mega deep stuff too which I like a lot.

Layout kept me interested all the way around which is a weakness for a lot of the courses around here. Great track

Thanks

There are long-term plans for the rough, but unfortunately it will at times get tougher before it gets better - a number of members have been complaining that it is too thick and to a point I agree as you can easily lose a ball if you are in the wrong spot
They want to thin it out so that you should be able to at least find your ball but still be penalised in terms of the shot you can play out of it

We may be biased but we believe the course has come on a lot over the last couple years with the new head greenkeeper and the subsequent cash injection from the new owners

Thanks

There are long-term plans for the rough, but unfortunately it will at times get tougher before it gets better - a number of members have been complaining that it is too thick and to a point I agree as you can easily lose a ball if you are in the wrong spot
They want to thin it out so that you should be able to at least find your ball but still be penalised in terms of the shot you can play out of it

We may be biased but we believe the course has come on a lot over the last couple years with the new head greenkeeper and the subsequent cash injection from the new owners

I'm in the minority then that if you're in the really thick stuff you deserve to be there, I was in there by the way. I never found the normal rough too thick, maybe around 13-15 it could be near the trees.
Defintely seen an improvement from when I last played, only downside for me was the open manhole behind hole 8 swallowed my ball

I'm in the minority then that if you're in the really thick stuff you deserve to be there, I was in there by the way. I never found the normal rough too thick, maybe around 13-15 it could be near the trees.
Defintely seen an improvement from when I last played, only downside for me was the open manhole behind hole 8 swallowed my ball

Yeah, back of 13 was a bit thick still when I was last out a couple weeks ago

I will have to look for the manhole behind the 8th green - trying to think where that is.....??? lol

Yeah, back of 13 was a bit thick still when I was last out a couple weeks ago

I will have to look for the manhole behind the 8th green - trying to think where that is.....??? lol

Big tree at 10 o'clock behind the green, in between green and that tree it was pure water and I stuck my club in and I got to handle deep so left it at that.

Back