Naples Florida Course Recommendations

highscoreinky

Hope is not a method.
Reaction score
Handicap
Headed to Naples the 1st week of September and would love to whittle down my list of possible courses to play. If you have any input on my list or have another course you would recommend please let me know. I can play get in 10 rounds on this trip, maybe a few more if I play 36 a day or two. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Bear's Paw Country Club
Bonita Bay Club Naples
Eagle Creek Golf and Country Club
Foxfire Country Club
Golf Club of the Everglades - I'm a fan of Rees Jones designs
Hammock Bay Golf and Country Club
Kensington Golf and Country Club
Naples Grande Golf Club - Rees Jones again
Old Corkscrew
The Club at Olde Cypress
The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
The Quarry Golf Club
The Rookery at Marco
The Club at the Strand
The Vineyards Country Club
Tiburon
TPC Treviso Bay
Vanderbilt Country Club
Windstar on Naples Bay

Now you see my dilemma, nineteen courses and can play a dozen at most. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

I played Old Corkscrew ten years ago, and would highly recommend it.

I'm driving through from Miami to Tampa in November , so would be interested in your recommendations.

I believe quite a few of the ones you posted are Private, just an FYI on that. (Bear's Paw, Bonita Bay, Naples Grande, The Club at the Strand, Hammock Bay etc).

Old Corkscrew is nice but very hard. The Rookery is a fun course. TPC Treviso Bay is like Old Corkscrew, nice but very hard. Tiburon has 2 courses that are both pretty nice but overly priced imo (maybe cheaper in September).

I played Old Corkscrew ten years ago, and would highly recommend it.

I'm driving through from Miami to Tampa in November , so would be interested in your recommendations.

Thanks Leftyuk, I'll post reviews from whatever courses I do play. Old Corkscrew will be on of my top ten I'm sure.

I believe quite a few of the ones you posted are Private, just an FYI on that. (Bear's Paw, Bonita Bay, Naples Grande, The Club at the Strand, Hammock Bay etc).

Old Corkscrew is nice but very hard. The Rookery is a fun course. TPC Treviso Bay is like Old Corkscrew, nice but very hard. Tiburon has 2 courses that are both pretty nice but overly priced imo (maybe cheaper in September).

Thanks Lions81. I'll use the South Florida Golf Pass to get on any of the private courses listed, they are all on the Golf Pass program. I buy one every year, well worth the $55.00 it costs me to get on private tracks for a reduced rate. Tiburon would run me $69.00 and TPC Treviso Bay is $79.00.

Thanks Lions81. I'll use the South Florida Golf Pass to get on any of the private courses listed, they are all on the Golf Pass program. I buy one every year, well worth the $55.00 it costs me to get on private tracks for a reduced rate. Tiburon would run me $69.00 and TPC Treviso Bay is $79.00.

In that case I would recommend the following (have played all the ones I'm listing).

Bonita Bay (play the 2 east courses I actually think they are the best ones. Creekside is good too.)
Tiburon (for those prices play both - they are like 250 in prime season)
TPC Treviso Bay & Old Corkscrew (bring a lot of golf balls unless you are extremely accurate off the tee)
Hammock Bay
Naples Grande
Rookery

I would also recommend The Plantation Golf & Country Club

I used to play it all the time before it went full private. It was always in perfect shape, and, I assume it still is.

I would also recommend The Plantation Golf & Country Club

I used to play it all the time before it went full private. It was always in perfect shape, and, I assume it still is.

Thanks for the recommendation Vader. Plantation is not on the Golf Pass so I'll save it for another time. Already worn my pro out with requests to play other private courses this year!

In that case I would recommend the following (have played all the ones I'm listing).

Bonita Bay (play the 2 east courses I actually think they are the best ones. Creekside is good too.)
TPC Treviso Bay & Old Corkscrew (bring a lot of golf balls unless you are extremely accurate off the tee)
Hammock Bay
Naples Grande
Rookery

Thanks Lions81. All of the courses you recommend are in my top 10 now.

Hammock Bay
Naples Grande
Rookery

I'll second this list. I've played all but Naples Grande but can also highly recommmend all the others.

I'll second this list. I've played all but Naples Grande but can also highly recommmend all the others.

Thanks tahoebum. My play list is starting to take shape.

Back