Barstool Classic - Whiskey Creek, Maryland

pilot25

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone playing in this "tournament?"

Sounds more like a drink fest than a golf tournament

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3 hour commute would not be fun but sounds like a helluva party errr round of golf

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3 hour commute would not be fun but sounds like a helluva party errr round of golf

I live only about 30 minutes from the course. Roadtrip! Stay overnight in the Nut Cave

I couldn't find anyone willing to pay $300 but the course is 15 minutes from me and I'm pretty familiar with it. From their youtube videos, it looks like a good time.

Im going to the Bartstool Classic in Chicago! going to be a great tournament!

I live only about 30 minutes from the course. Roadtrip! Stay overnight in the Nut Cave

Sounds kinky

Dunno what the entry requirements are but I'd totally get in on this. Looks like Whiskey Creek is waitlisted.

Dunno what the entry requirements are but I'd totally get in on this. Looks like Whiskey Creek is waitlisted.

Just have to have a USGA handicap. The gift bag with entry is pretty awesome too.

Just have to have a USGA handicap. The gift bag with entry is pretty awesome too.

Nice. Just realized it's next Friday. Will have to keep an eye on it for next time.

Nice. Just realized it's next Friday. Will have to keep an eye on it for next time.

This is the first year and its been a sell out at every course they have announced it for. Teams of 2 handicap applies. $600 per team. Winning team goes to NJ for the finals.

I couldn't find anyone willing to pay $300 but the course is 15 minutes from me and I'm pretty familiar with it. From their youtube videos, it looks like a good time.

I wondered how much it was to play, what's included?

It's a fun follow and their actually is competitive golf contrary to what most assume it is.

They got a good niche/schtick.

They got a good niche/schtick.

I'm 20 years older then the ForePlay guys but I love listening to their podcast and watching their videos. Reminds me of my younger days. Plus, golf needs something different badly to attract younger players. Tiger is going to be out of the game fairly soon and he was the draw for many people to play the sport for a couple decades. The decline of Tiger directly coincides with golf's slow decline in number of people playing the game. I'm not saying ForePlay can replace that but golf needs some edge and youth. I hope they can keep it going.

I was wrong. They use the handicap system but take your handicap and cut it in half.

I'm 20 years older then the ForePlay guys but I love listening to their podcast and watching their videos. Reminds me of my younger days. Plus, golf needs something different badly to attract younger players. Tiger is going to be out of the game fairly soon and he was the draw for many people to play the sport for a couple decades. The decline of Tiger directly coincides with golf's slow decline in number of people playing the game. I'm not saying ForePlay can replace that but golf needs some edge and youth. I hope they can keep it going.
They have a great thing going, it's off the wall but you have to with so many golf podcasts out there. Their podcast typically ranks high for most listened to and it's funny. A lot of Pros have embraced them and enjoy the different style they provide.

I'm more partial to NLU but ForePlay is definitely a close 2nd for golf podcasts I listen to.

They have a great thing going, it's off the wall but you have to with so many golf podcasts out there. Their podcast typically ranks high for most listened to and it's funny. A lot of Pros have embraced them and enjoy the different style they provide.

I'm more partial to NLU but ForePlay is definitely a close 2nd for golf podcasts I listen to.
I like NLU too. Great podcast but definitely a different direction than foreplay.

Based on twitter accounts it looks like it was successful and fun. Riggs and his crew went to the Black Hog in Frederick the night before. Wish I could have played in the tournament.

Back