Play Away with ClubCorp

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ummm hello!!! How did I not know about this. I am definitely looking into this with the amount of travel that I do! Being able to play some quality golf courses and not having to worry about bringing my clubs along for the ride is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Ummm hello!!! How did I not know about this. I am definitely looking into this with the amount of travel that I do! Being able to play some quality golf courses and not having to worry about bringing my clubs along for the ride is huge.

Its one that I think a lot of THPers didn't know about, and that is why we wanted to put some info out there. Well that plus the waived initiation fee, which is a bonus.

Its one that I think a lot of THPers didn't know about, and that is why we wanted to put some info out there. Well that plus the waived initiation fee, which is a bonus.

Appreciate that and the waived initiation fee makes it even more attractive. Not to mention having the ability to get some good eating.

Initiation fee waived! Wow that seems like a heck of a deal for travelers. I wish I traveled more I’d be all over this!

• Admin
Appreciate that and the waived initiation fee makes it even more attractive. Not to mention having the ability to get some good eating.

I can tell you that we have one of the "city clubs" here in town called the Centre Club. High end, fantastic food and some of the best views in the city. A good dinner there costs way more than several months of membership in this.

Initiation fee waived! Wow that seems like a heck of a deal for travelers. I wish I traveled more I’d be all over this!

Not to mention I just looked at the list of clubs and there are several in two of the states I spend most of my time...Florida and Texas. Practically a no brainer. Now to use an address that puts me 100 miles from
Firestone CC. I kid of course.

Not to mention I just looked at the list of clubs and there are several in two of the states I spend most of my time...Florida and Texas. Practically a no brainer. Now to use an address that puts me 100 miles from
Firestone CC. I kid of course.

I am considering moving back in with my parents in St. Louis on paper anyway. Ha.

I travel a lot but it is limited to my slow season at work September thru January. I wonder how many rounds it would take to make this worthwhile. I am headed to the Tampa area in late September and plan to play 2-3 times.

Atlanta has a huge clubcorp presence. They’re doing some truly revolutionary things with golf memberships and it shows. If I traveled more, this would be a big benefit and something I’d certainly consider.

I am considering moving back in with my parents in St. Louis on paper anyway. Ha.

I travel a lot but it is limited to my slow season at work September thru January. I wonder how many rounds it would take to make this worthwhile. I am headed to the Tampa area in late September and plan to play 2-3 times.

Depends on how cheap of golf you normally play. If its just "I will play anywhere" kind of thing, probably not worth it. If you are looking for better conditions, faster pace and good dining, it won't take but a handful of rounds.

Just running some costs through my head...2 complimentary green fees and meals are included per month for $60. If I was to play say 3 rounds at Firestone CC ($100/rd) and eat there, I would have already paid for my membership. Now if the initiation fee wasn’t waived it may have been a different story.

When I lived in Arlington, I was a member of Walnut Creek which was a Club Corp course. I loved the access to the other golf courses in the metroplex. The Dallas Tower Club and La Cima were nice to have for drinks if you were in the area or the special events.

If someone travels a fair bit, or has a good number of courses between, say, 100-150 miles, it would be a good deal to have. I’d do it but the closest courses to me are 4+ hours away.

Just running some costs through my head...2 complimentary green fees and meals are included per month for $60. If I was to play say 3 rounds at Firestone CC ($100/rd) and eat there, I would have already paid for my membership. Now if the initiation fee wasn’t waived it may have been a different story.

Keep cart fees in mind when calculating your ROI.

I've been a One member coming up on one year. Closest course is only 2 miles away and GCC is one of the nicer courses in the area. Clubhouse amenities (free) and events (some free, others $) are plentiful. Not to mention my first season in the GMGA has been a blast. Really hoping to make the Ryder Cup style year end event (top 24 in pts).

The one thing I have not done is capitalize on the relationships with other courses/dining venues. This will change!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Depends on how cheap of golf you normally play. If its just "I will play anywhere" kind of thing, probably not worth it. If you are looking for better conditions, faster pace and good dining, it won't take but a handful of rounds.

I play cheap golf here at home but I would like to play nicer courses when I am on vacation. I would definitely take advantage of the fine dining so that my wife who does not play golf could use the benefits as well. She usually rides along when we are out of town but I bet she could take advantage of the clubs amenities while I play.

They have a strong Texas presence so I have weekend golf getaways dancing in my head. The benefit of loaner clubs will save me a few bucks and the hassle of bringing my sticks along. I am going to join up and review the service here on THP.

Thanks for showing me this, I would not have even considered this on my own. Yet another thing I did not know I needed until I saw it on THP!!

Keep cart fees in mind when calculating your ROI.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Didn’t think about that, but I pay a cart fee for the club I belong to now. I still think the nominal cart fee supersedes the quality of courses available, especially when I travel.

I sat in the Atlanta airport for 6 hrs yesterday people watching when I could have been out playing a round of golf.

I am just outside of the threshold for Firestone thankfully. Definitely a ponder on this.

I am just outside of the threshold for Firestone thankfully. Definitely a ponder on this.

Do it...then you can bring me as a guest.

I’m a ClubCorp one member as part of the club I joined earlier this year. I haven’t taken advantage of the free greens fees and loaner clubs yet, but plan on doing it in the fall when I go to Myrtle Beach. Big fan of the idea of being able to play premium private clubs anytime I travel. There’s also a handful of other country clubs within 45 minutes of me that I get either free or preferred greens fees.

And at my club I get half off dining with my ONE membership. Which is really nice.

I don't see it anywhere but do you have to pay for cart on these rounds or no? I considered this in past but couldn't stomach initiation but this is tempting as much as I work travel.

My stepdad has a version of this, I wonder if it's same thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don't see it anywhere but do you have to pay for cart on these rounds or no? I considered this in past but couldn't stomach initiation but this is tempting as much as I work travel.

For my ONE benefits, it’s either complimentary (or preferred rates in some cases) greens fees. Also, free club rental in some cases too. Cart fee is not included.

You do have to pay for a cart, unless the course allows walking, which would not have a fee. When I did a trial, my fee was $21 at one place and $24 at another. Both of which were well with in reason because the guest fees normally would have been $95 and $115

Man I’m seriously pondering this. As much as I travel around Texas I could put this to good use.

Quite a robust course list.

The included meals is a big bonus, as is the partnership discounts they offer as well.

Definitely a good deal if you travel frequently.

This is an amazing deal.

Man I’m seriously pondering this. As much as I travel around Texas I could put this to good use.

The first thing I look at now when I’m going somewhere is the “benefit finder” to see what private clubs I can play on in the area.

Back