Favorite Type of Golf Course to Play?

Favorite Type of Golf Course to Play?

• Total voters

OITW

Reaction score
What is your favorite type of golf course to play?

Links

Parkland

Desert

Most of my golf is played on Parkland style courses.

My favorite to play is Desert courses though, Links are fun and different, but there is something special about a desert course.

I love the layout of desert courses. It's a real test of nerves and equipment. The equipment part is you usually have the option to hit from a bad area, but you know damn well there's gonna be some club carnage.

Any course that has smooth greens! Greens are the most important aspect of a golf course to me. The layout or course type is unimportant
I hate putting on greens that have 3 different kinds of grass, bumpy, aerated, etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've really fallen in love with links style golf, not a lot of hazard trouble, but I really enjoy navigating the terrain and trying to play more of a ground game. I love a dried out course where I can get a ton of roll, it helps my game for sure.

I love a good links course, just not many around DFW.

Probably parkland for me because thats what most of my rounds are played on. I'd love to play a true links golf course sometime though and I've never played a true desert course either

Links and it's not even close. Dream of the day or Scotland or Ireland trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted Parkland as that is where 95% of my rounds are played.

Not in the options, but I like a good target golf course. It really makes me think my way around the course.

I just love desert golf. For me, the contrast between fairway, rough and wash area is just amazing.

I'm going with Links on this, though I've never played a desert course. Most all of my golf has been played in the NorthEast, which is typically parkland. I like courses that allow for both the high approach as well as the ground game, and especially those that have a lot of contours that challenges your creativity on the approaches and around the green.

I'll keep my mind open to the desert experience!

It probably falls in the Parkland category, but I absolutely love mountain courses.

I love the desert courses and luckily i have plenty to choose from!

Parkland for me, but more specifically that have some interesting topography. I don't like flat dog legged courses. Give me elevations, suits my eye better :)

anything except a target golf course. Wasn't an option so I did not vote.

On a reasonable course, they all have their advantages and disadvantages...I really enjoy desert courses, but I also like parkland like I play locally. Parklands often have better mix of scenic views than desert, but desert lets you see further and both have their appeal. Despite living close to Bandon, never played a true links so don't know but I am told they would fit my game. Knowing my propensity to launch the ball high and inability to keep it low...suspect I would hate links style but that is pure conjecture.

I love links style. That is all.

I think parkland and desert are pretty similar, they just have woods instead of waste area. You're still screwed if you get offline LOL!!

I dislike a Florida or Myrtle Beach type inland course where it's just hit high booming shots to a target. I like when wind, elevation changes, or rollout make you think about the shot you're going to have to play.

All styles of courses good !

I love a good desert course.

Links courses for sure

What about mountain and ocean courses? I just love the variety that is available in the game. For that reason, in any of these, the variety from hole-to-hole and how well maintained the course is, especially fairways and greens, means a lot.

Ocean course. Holy crap ocean course (or other major bodies of water)

Can’t go wrong with an ocean course. However my all time favorite is a links style course. Unfortunately we don’t have too many of them in Ohio.

Ocean or links style

Back