Favorite Type of Golf Course to Play?

Favorite Type of Golf Course to Play?

• Total voters
I'm not sure I can answer this poll by picking one option. I love playing all different types of golf.

The Desert courses like Cross Creek, Wolf Creek, The Crossings, Mt. Woodson, Journey at Pechanga, that offer elevation change, island greens surrounded by brush, blind tee shots, etc are really a challenge. The views are incredible, and the time on the course is really breathtaking. I truly love playing courses like this.

But I don't go there to score well. Still, I love them.

Whiskey

I've probably never played a true links course but give me the links look and feel any day.

Open, wind swept topography with tall wispy grasses lining fairways, undulations everywhere and strategically placed and contoured bunkers eager to receive wayward shots...

Sign me up.

Links golf for me, the one desert course I have played I really really really loved but I have enjoyed Links courses more

Something on the water with a good breeze.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I voted "links" because there's nothing like it and I love it. But there are certainly inland courses that are just as special.

It's just that the links turf and the presence of the sea and the wind are such reliably joyous elements to play in, the course itself doesn't need to be anything special. If there's a such thing as a mediocre links course, I'd still rather play there than Augusta National. The special inland courses have to be special in their own right without the bonuses of seaside setting and fine, firm fescue turf.

Of the ones mentioned in the OP I would have to go with Links. I just like the way those courses play.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Links courses for me. Love the open layouts and big greens

Definitely reinforces my affinity for desert courses

Attachments

• photo35922.jpg
    photo35922.jpg
    842.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo35923.jpg
    photo35923.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back