The Little Things that go a long way at a courses you play.

My home course will put coolers full of ice towels just inside the bar on hot days.

There's nothing better after walking 18 than an ice cold towel around your neck and and ice cold beer in your hand.

Clean cut tee boxes and green fringes. Love a precise cut on the short grass areas, not too fussed about fairways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A smile goes a long ways in my book, I try to remember that myself.
I also appreciate when asked about the pace of play out there instead of how I did.

The Muni's I play always have maintenance issues, but I do appreciate when a Greens Superintendent, Worker, or Club House Staff is willing to approach for feedback.
I'm lucky to enjoy playing, but I'm also out there a bit (they know me), so it is a nice to be able to participate in discussions.

The Woman's Association also volunteers occasionally work on some flower beds. This is more than a nice touch.
Men's League used to have projects... Not sure what is going on there these days.

Benches, Trees, all the volunteer and outside effort is nice to see.

Two of the courses in my course rotation have a 5 gallon bucket half filled with water along the cart path near the clubhouse so you can clean your clubs before or after your round.

One thing I have literally never seen at a USA course but is ubiquitous in UK. An air compressor with a wand and air nozzle attached. For blowing the grass off the bottoms of your golf shoes after the round. Usually somewhere on your way from the 18th green to the clubhouse.

Smile from the employee staff.

Simple thing. The Troon courses have Troon Golf log on the side of their tees. You can use the lettering to make sure you have the same height every time. I know this forum likes the epoch tees and they have the lines on them as well but for practice sessions I use the troon tees because I send the tees flying and I don't want to go onto the range to pick up the epoch. I only take a few tees when I am there, I don't take 5 handfuls like some other folks I have seen there.

For whatever reason a lot of golf courses in the PHX area scent their cold towels with mango. I dunno why but I like it.

Southern Dunes has coolers with water bottles every third hole. That's nice, I have a hydroflask in my golf bag so I would take water from coolers just fine. Wickenburg ranch also did the whole water bottle thing but had to stop because the residents were going to the coolers and taking all the water bottles. I forgot if they have igloo cooler or ran lines for bubblers now but there is water available for golfers again.

My favorite has most of those things.
Great staff, know you by name.
Clean carts - no trash from the previous users.
Full sand jugs on the cart.
Pencil and score card in the cart - with more pencils and scorecards available at the first tee.
Working collapsible windshield (front) and rain cover (back) on the cart
Water available twice each side.
Trash cans and ball washers every hole.
Pin position posted before first tee
Smooth/level cart paths.
Short game practice areas with bunker.
Putting greens that match the course greens (cut & rolled on the same day to match current speeds).
Restrooms on the course - 1 per nine (both men’s/women’s).
Extra sand bottles by restrooms.
Oh, yeh - its right behind my house.

Trash cans seem like a no brainer from a course perspective, yet I always have trouble locating one. It’s always a plus when the beverage cart has the trash attachment on the back.

Back