Pirate95

Let it snow......
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.6
I plan on going to Orlando in late April with 3 of my buddies. I'm looking for your favorite reasonably priced courses, under $100 per round, in the Orlando area. Also, if anyone knows of any packages or a good place to search for them I'd appreciate it.

There is tons of info in the Course Reviews section (this section).

Grand Cypress
OCN
Waldorf (if its under 100)
Magnolia

I enjoyed Celebration and Disney's Magnolia. It's been awhile, but I think the greens fees were reasonable, not cheap.

I enjoyed Celebration and Disney's Magnolia. It's been awhile, but I think the greens fees were reasonable, not cheap.

Thanks for the info vman!

There is tons of info in the Course Reviews section (this section).

Grand Cypress
OCN
Waldorf (if its under 100)
Magnolia

JB.....are all the courses at OCN nice?

JB.....are all the courses at OCN nice?

There are some reviews in this section on both I believe including pictures. Most like them a lot.

You have too many to name at that time of year. Where are you staying? JB listed the best in town and you also have Shigle Creek, Windermere CC, Eagle Creek, Metro West

You have too many to name at that time of year. Where are you staying? JB listed the best in town and you also have Shigle Creek, Windermere CC, Eagle Creek, Metro West

Haven't picked a place to stay yet, figured I'd find where I'd like to golf then get a place close to that. Any ideas? Plan on being in town for 5 days/4 nights

Like Tadashi said there are two many to name. There are lot of great courses in the Disney area, so that's always a good area to stay. On top of the ones that have been mentioned, I like Hawk's Landing, and just a little southwest of there you have Highland Reserve and Southern Dunes, both which I like a good bit.

Some other popular courses in the area are
Reunion Resort (3 courses)
Champions gate (2 courses)
Mystic Dunes
Grande Pines
Falcon's Fire

A good place to start is on the THP tee time app, you can check every area of Orlando and see what courses are there, and what courses fit into your budget.

I want to thank everyone for thier input and help........you made everything a lot easier for me!

Check out golfnow.com. Has anything you want with some reduced rates. Prices will still be peak season at most courses. But there are plenty of really good moderately priced tracks.
Spruce Creek - Eagle Creek - Stoneybrook West - Celebration - Falcon's Fire just to name a few.
My favorites are Osprey Ridge at Disney - Orange County National - Celebration and those mentioned above.

If you have time check out World Woods Golf Club about 1.5 hrs from Orlando. They have 2 great Fazio tracks there and an amazing practice facility. http://www.worldwoods.com/

have to agree with everyone on here, i tend to find the best prices on tee times at golfnow.com and ezlinks.com. most courses can be found for under $100. my favorites (kind of in order, but its really hard to decide on some over others):

grand cypress (i like the new course better, but north/south/east are great 9 hole tracks too)
orange county national (2 courses, i like panther lake better)
reunion (3 courses, ive only played the palmer course and loved it)
celebration
championsgate (2 courses, i like international better)
eagle creek
hawks landing
shingle creek
orange lake resort (2 course, i like legends better)
mystic dunes
grande pines
windermere
disney (4 courses, i like osprey ridge and palm the best)

prob not in price range or havent played before
bay hill (if you are willing to stay at their lodge, but prob more than $100)
waldorf astoria (havent played it yet, but want to, also prob not less than $100)
falcons fire

^^^^^
I played Waldorf last August(off-season for them I believe) and paid well under $100 close to 50-70 maybe? but well worth it. The layout is great and the course was in great conditions worth the price.

^^^^^
I played Waldorf last August(off-season for them I believe) and paid well under $100 close to 50-70 maybe? but well worth it. The layout is great and the course was in great conditions worth the price.

yea ive seen waldorf for as low as $50 in the fall, but in april i doubt it will be cheap

Orlando Courses

Orlando Courses

First time poster, from bonnie Scotland!

Coming over to the states at Easter and was looking for recommendations for good courses that also offer value for money.

Cheers

Check out the course reviews section of the forum and you will find tons of info on Orlando courses. There are so many great options, with my favorite being Grand Cypress.

I am also coming over in April and staying at Vista Cay right next door to Shingle Creek. Is it worth a look or are there better options nearby both pricewise and in terms of the course?

Cheers

Orlando Golf

Next week I am heading down to Orlando to goto golf school(Mon - Wed) then a family vacation (Thursday - Tues). So far I am playing Palmer Legends @ the Villages on Saturday when I visit family and Crooked Cat and Panther Lake on Monday. I am staying at the Marriott Grande Vista so I will probably just sneak in a few rounds at the 9 hole course there or head over to the Marriott Grande Pines for a round. Anyone have any experiences at these places or have any other suggestions?

Next week I am heading down to Orlando to goto golf school(Mon - Wed) then a family vacation (Thursday - Tues). So far I am playing Palmer Legends @ the Villages on Saturday when I visit family and Crooked Cat and Panther Lake on Monday. I am staying at the Marriott Grande Vista so I will probably just sneak in a few rounds at the 9 hole course there or head over to the Marriott Grande Pines for a round. Anyone have any experiences at these places or have any other suggestions?

I haven't played Palmer Legends, but I am a big fan of Crooked Cat, great course and you will love it. I have played Grande Pines, and it is a decent enough course, but I wouldn't drop alot of money on it, not one of the better ones in my opinion. In the immediate area I would play Hawk's Landing or the courses at Grand Cypress. Reunion is also worth a look. If you don't mind a little bit of travel your options are limitless. Some others in the area that I really like are Southern Dunes, Bella Collina, and El Campeon at Mission Inn.

Crooked cat has a sister course, Panther lake. And you will like Grand pines

If you can work Bella Colina into your schedule it would be a treat.

TapAhoy!

Back