b6b256522deffc9668a09587cac0da78.jpg

No words

mmmmmmmmm. hot humid air blown right into your face. so refreshing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great time today at OCN. Greens slow, but a lot of fun with Greg and Big Dill. Small world, Big Dill invited a friend from the Tampa area that I went to high school with almost 19 years ago. That was an awesome first tee realization.

So much unnecessary chirping all day but a ton of laughs.

It was good seeing you, bigdill, jim54 and McLovin again. Nick's friend John was a nice guy, too. A fun couple rounds even if I play like hot garbage everytime I go down there. Luckily, Orlando in the summer makes me smell like hot garbage, too, so it worked out.

It was good seeing you, bigdill, jim54 and McLovin again. Nick's friend John was a nice guy, too. A fun couple rounds even if I play like hot garbage everytime I go down there. Luckily, Orlando in the summer makes me smell like hot garbage, too, so it worked out.

Nothing says "this was a horrible life choice" like late July Orlando golf. Good times though. Pretty sure @BigDill will never play a driving iron shot ever again after the verbal abuse he took today. He had almost no chance of hitting that thing solid after he pulled it on the second hole.

Nothing says "this was a horrible life choice" like late July Orlando golf. Good times though. Pretty sure @BigDill will never play a driving iron shot ever again after the verbal abuse he took today. He had almost no chance of hitting that thing solid after he pulled it on the second hole.

It was a great time. And I hit one out of three well with the 4i, so I think it’s earned another day. I love that club. I had a rough weekend overall with my irons, something was just off. But that’s ok, I still had a blast. Got to meet some new people, and I got to see some others again which was awesome. Thanks to everyone who made it out, and thanks to Greg for being a great roommate. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.

I'll be in Orlando for a conference at the beginning of November with a free day on Sun Nov 3rd and I'm bringing my gear.

Last year I was at Disney's Lake Buena Vista at the end of September and it was pretty nice though still really hot. This year I'm looking at Shingle Creek but if any THP'ers have recommendations (or are interested in meeting up) I'd love to hear about it.

I met up with some THP'ers to play the New Course at Grand Cypress a couple of years ago and also played both OCN courses as part of a THP event a while back.

I'll be in Orlando for a conference at the beginning of November with a free day on Sun Nov 3rd and I'm bringing my gear.

Last year I was at Disney's Lake Buena Vista at the end of September and it was pretty nice though still really hot. This year I'm looking at Shingle Creek but if any THP'ers have recommendations (or are interested in meeting up) I'd love to hear about it.

I met up with some THP'ers to play the New Course at Grand Cypress a couple of years ago and also played both OCN courses as part of a THP event a while back.

I love me some shingle creek, but I’m sadistic? The greens have a lot of undulation in them, and when they get some speed to them, they are flat out diabolical. The conditions are usually in fairly good shape, November time should be a prime season so I would be surprised if it was anything but. If you are in between tea boxes as far as what she normally play, pick the shorter one. Couple of the holes are tricky driving holes, and the ninth hole can be slightly ridiculous due to length.

Ken are you going to the Microsoft Conference? I'll be there for that as well, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out on Sunday, depends on timing.

i should be able to make it, just give me some advanced notice.

shingle may be good by that time. right now they're undergoing some construction and while the course is still open for play, it's pretty annoying. i will also say the course was in rough shape when i was there.

some other options in that area are the ritz, disney palm or magnolia, celebration golf club, and falcons fire. of those options, the ritz and falcons fire would be my recommendations.

be aware that nov should have increased winter rates by that time, so it won't be cheap.

Ken are you going to the Microsoft Conference? I'll be there for that as well, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out on Sunday, depends on timing.

Yes I am! I've gone down on Saturday for the last few years and used Sunday to play. PM me if you want to try coordinating something.

Ken

i should be able to make it, just give me some advanced notice.

shingle may be good by that time. right now they're undergoing some construction and while the course is still open for play, it's pretty annoying. i will also say the course was in rough shape when i was there.

some other options in that area are the ritz, disney palm or magnolia, celebration golf club, and falcons fire. of those options, the ritz and falcons fire would be my recommendations.

be aware that nov should have increased winter rates by that time, so it won't be cheap.

Sounds good. Recommendations welcome too! I'll look at Falcons Fire. This is sort of my self-selected golf thing for the year and I know it's prime season so I'm not going to be too hung up on price (within reason). It will certainly be nice to not have to play in temps pushing 100 for the third year in a row.

Back