August will probably be slightly to quite wet, depending on how summer goes so hopefully you get decent weather so you don't get CPO conditions. I've had enjoyable rounds on all but Shingle, which I just haven't played yet.

I used to live in Tampa & I remember getting showers during a lot of afternoons during the summer. Is Orlando similar?

The reason we picked early August it was the only time one guy could go.

You can count on storms every day from 2pm on and some of then will be with Lightning (most) and do not tempt the gods by playing in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You can count on storms every day from 2pm on and some of then will be with Lightning (most) and do not tempt the gods by playing in it.

I won't. I remember watching the news and seeing more than a few people hit by lightning :{

A lot of people die and it does not have to be raining or really close to you, my neighbors cousins were fixing a cattle fence and it was sunny out and the storm was miles away, both were struck and killed. If you can hear it you are in danger....

The rain delays in the afternoon will give us a good opportunity to fellowship with a cold one while the storm goes by :D

I just got back from Orlando on Monday. My buddies and I got in 8 rounds total. We played Shingle Creek, Ritz Carlton (twice), Waldorf Astoria (twice) , Grand Cypress (North/South and New), and Celebration. We enjoyed playing all the courses...although I will say that Shingle Creek was my least favorite of the bunch. Course conditions at Ritz Carlton and Waldorf Astoria were a 10 of out 10 & Grand Cypress/Celebration were not far behind.

Even the weather worked out for us. The temps were in the low 90s which wasn't unbearable and we only had to stop for rain/lightening once :}

Last edited:
I just got back from Orlando on Monday. My buddies and I got in 8 rounds total. We played Shingle Creek, Ritz Carlton (twice), Waldorf Astoria (twice) , Grand Cypress (North/South and New), and Celebration. We enjoyed playing all the courses...although I will say that Shingle Creek was my less favorite of the bunch. Course conditions at Ritz Carlton and Waldorf Astoria were a 10 of out 10 & Grand Cypress/Celebration were not far behind.

Even the weather worked out for us. The temps were in the low 90s which wasn't unbearable and we only had to stop for rain/lightening once :}

nice! ritz is a fun course, but you have to be pretty precise in spots. waldorf is almost always in great shape, though not my favorite layout. i think they recently re-did shingle, and i've heard a lot of negative feedback on the layout. played new course last week and it was in surprisingly good shape. next time you come check out tranquilo and bella collina. imho those are a couple public courses in the area that are in really good shape.

nice! ritz is a fun course, but you have to be pretty precise in spots. waldorf is almost always in great shape, though not my favorite layout. i think they recently re-did shingle, and i've heard a lot of negative feedback on the layout. played new course last week and it was in surprisingly good shape. next time you come check out tranquilo and bella collina. imho those are a couple public courses in the area that are in really good shape.

A few guy's GPS watches didn't work right on Shingle. After we finished we asked about that & was told the new layout is why the GPSs didn't work. Plus Shingles had a few burned out places in the fairways.

Orlando March

Orlando March

Hey all, will be back down in March again. Got to golf with some great THPers at Championsgate last March. Hoping some of you will be interested again. Should be arriving on Saturday the 17th so can play any day from the 18th through the 23rd.

Last edited:
Quick bump. We have one spot open for Las Colinas in Mission Inn Friday March 23 at either 11:29 or 11:37. Cost for the round is $70.

Quick bump. We have one spot open for Las Colinas in Mission Inn Friday March 23 at either 11:29 or 11:37. Cost for the round is $70.

that's a strong ponder for me to get to meet up with you guys. it's a really hard time of year for me, but i might be able to make up the work hours over the weekend instead. when do you need to know by?

that's a strong ponder for me to get to meet up with you guys. it's a really hard time of year for me, but i might be able to make up the work hours over the weekend instead. when do you need to know by?

I guess the 23rd haha. It’s kind of first come first serve though. Would be awesome to meet you dude. We can write you in as tentative and hold the spot? Might be good for you to destress a bit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the 23rd haha. It’s kind of first come first serve though. Would be awesome to meet you dude. We can write you in as tentative and hold the spot? Might be good for you to destress a bit too.

yes, write me in as tentative. if you need a deposit or something to hold my spot, pm me and i'll send it over.

i will create an autoresponse in outlook that says, "as per the edict handed down by @obedt of thehackersparadise.com, i will be away from the office for the afternoon of friday, march 23 due to the goodness of destressing. i apologize in advance for any inconvenience. if you have any urgent needs or concerns, please dial 1-800-GET-OVER-IT."

yes, write me in as tentative. if you need a deposit or something to hold my spot, pm me and i'll send it over.

i will create an autoresponse in outlook that says, "as per the edict handed down by @obedt of thehackersparadise.com, i will be away from the office for the afternoon of friday, march 23 due to the goodness of destressing. i apologize in advance for any inconvenience. if you have any urgent needs or concerns, please dial 1-800-GET-OVER-IT."

Lol yeap that sounds about right

I will be in Orlando area starting on Friday night March 16 through Friday March 23 at noonish. Would love to play with some THPers. Just got selected to test the Proforce V2 tour so I will have that and hopefully my F8+ HZRDUS Black combo along with me.

I will be in Orlando area starting on Friday night March 16 through Friday March 23 at noonish. Would love to play with some THPers. Just got selected to test the Proforce V2 tour so I will have that and hopefully my F8+ HZRDUS Black combo along with me.

i may be able to do sunday 3/17. would you be able to play that day?

I could be a possible for 3/17 also

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sunday

Sunday

Sunday is the 18th, no? I can play Sunday 3/18. Saturday could work but may have to be later in the day.

Heading to Orlando in 2 weeks 18 - 25th
Booked 3 tee times to play on my own Disneys LBV and Palm 19th and 21st and Waldorf Astoria on the 23rd...Can't wait to get out of Cold Canada.

Last edited:
Heading to Orlando in 2 weeks 18 - 25th
Booked 3 tee times to play on my own Disneys LBV and Palm 19th and 21st and Waldorf Astoria on the 23rd...Can't wait to get out of Cold Canada.

Well if you want company I'd probably tag along the 19th or 21st.

Sunday is the 18th, no? I can play Sunday 3/18. Saturday could work but may have to be later in the day.

oops yes lol

could you do that day? i don’t know if i can yet, but that would be the only day with any possibility

oops yes lol

could you do that day? i don’t know if i can yet, but that would be the only day with any possibility

Yep Sunday works for me.

Back