Orlando Golf

Playing Grand Cypress on 05/29th and Hawks Landing on 06/1st.
First time Playing both courses. Will be on Family Vacation and golfing as a single (arghh) so looking for any Orphan THPers to join up if they wish.

Last edited:
Playing Shingle Creek Tuesday afternoon at 4:18 if anyone in the area is interested in meeting up.

Will play again later in the week, but not sure where or when. It depends on how my daughter's volleyball team does in the tournament.

Playing Shingle Creek Tuesday afternoon at 4:18 if anyone in the area is interested in meeting up.

Will play again later in the week, but not sure where or when. It depends on how my daughter's volleyball team does in the tournament.
If you are around during the weekend and can make it to the Tampa Bay area shoot me a PM.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i might be able to swing this. weather is a huge factor that time of day. pretty much rains every day at that time, and lately the storms have been really violent. pm me with the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i might be able to swing this. weather is a huge factor that time of day. pretty much rains every day at that time, and lately the storms have been really violent. pm me with the details.

PM sent. It wouldn't surprise me if it rained a bit. Seems like it comes in hard & moves on just as quickly.

PM sent. It wouldn't surprise me if it rained a bit. Seems like it comes in hard & moves on just as quickly.

Usually the MO of summer golf. Hunker down for 30-60min, back to business

the lightning was intense this afternoon. started around 4:15, ended around 5. we should be fine after a little delay.

saw your pm. let me double check whether i have any family obligations and then i’ll respond.

No rain, but they have a lightning delay. I haven't seen lightning in 30 minutes.

If you can hear thunder you can be killed in Florida. I know of two guys killed under sunny skies and the storm was 5-6 miles away at least.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They opened it up & I played in 2 1/2 hours by myself.

Course is in great shape, but the greens were a bit bumpy due to the traffic earlier in the day & the grass growing out a bit. They still rolled decent though. Just had to hit it harder & play less break.

I actually played better than I thought I would since hadn't played in 3 weeks due to the job change. It was really good until I started rushing on #12. I could see a storm moving in on the radar & was trying to beat it in.

9eba53f059574e902c1df659ac280f06.jpg

Weather could be getting chilly but should be pretty dang nice. Many great courses in the area so if you give us an idea of where you are staying, what you are looking for and budget we can probably give you some better advise.
I will be in Orlando 12/1-12/6. I’ll take any suggestions. How’s the weather in December?

Weather could be getting chilly but should be pretty dang nice. Many great courses in the area so if you give us an idea of where you are staying, what you are looking for and budget we can probably give you some better advise.
Chilly?

I will be in Orlando 12/1-12/6. I’ll take any suggestions. How’s the weather in December?

there’s a reason the rates spike so much this time of year. the weather is glorious from 8am to 11am, and 4pm to 6pm.

it’s not usually very rainy, so conditions are firm.

tell me where you’re staying and i can suggest some courses around you. if you’re interested in some company i might be able to sneak out.

I’ll be staying in Haines. I’ll have my car. Have you played Southern Dunes? Besides Grand Cypress what courses are a most

there’s a reason the rates spike so much this time of year. the weather is glorious from 8am to 11am, and 4pm to 6pm.

it’s not usually very rainy, so conditions are firm.

tell me where you’re staying and i can suggest some courses around you. if you’re interested in some company i might be able to sneak out.

I’ll be staying in Haines. I will have my car and commuting will be no issue.

If you can make it out I’ll cover the beer!

I’ll be staying in Haines. I’ll have my car. Have you played Southern Dunes? Besides Grand Cypress what courses are a most
Southern Dunes is my favorite in that area. Grand National is shortly behind.

So like I said I definitely love Southern Dunes, and staying in Haines City you would be crazy to skip it. If you want to get 36 in, a great second 18 nearby is Highland Reserve. It's a fun open layout that has traditionally been in great shape for a great price. Across the street is Champions Gate CC, which I have not played but have heard great things. Champions Gate Resort is separate from the CC, and some love it but it has never been my favorite for the $, but it is very convenient to Haines City. Orange County National is an easy drive and another top pick in the area. Grand Cypress is loved by THPers and not too far.

I’ll be staying in Haines. I will have my car and commuting will be no issue.

If you can make it out I’ll cover the beer!

let me know as it gets closer. champions gate would be a little better for me, but i’ve never played southern dunes.

I can most likely play also, I played Southern Dunes about a month ago and it was in perfect shape. Challenging Course with serious sand on just about every hole (hence the name..) and I play Highland Reserve quite a lot since I got in the semi member program to play it for $25 all year, it is a fun track and hard to lose a ball. Very little rough and very nice greens.

Championsgate is always fun but tends to stay very busy on the weekends with the Hotel right there and I imagine the rates get pretty high from now on.

I can most likely play also, I played Southern Dunes about a month ago and it was in perfect shape. Challenging Course with serious sand on just about every hole (hence the name..) and I play Highland Reserve quite a lot since I got in the semi member program to play it for $25 all year, it is a fun track and hard to lose a ball. Very little rough and very nice greens.

Championsgate is always fun but tends to stay very busy on the weekends with the Hotel right there and I imagine the rates get pretty high from now on.

Awesome, sounds good! I’ll keep you posted here

i just got an email from southern hills offering the following rates:
m/w/th - $74 including a $10 gift card for the club
f - $89 including a $10 gift card for the club

offer good through nov 30. i don't know if that's a good deal, but if it is i'd like to take advantage if we're going to play there.

i just got an email from southern hills offering the following rates:
m/w/th - $74 including a $10 gift card for the club
f - $89 including a $10 gift card for the club

offer good through nov 30. i don't know if that's a good deal, but if it is i'd like to take advantage if we're going to play there.

Southern Hills or Southern Dunes? Southern Hills is north of Tampa. That seems like a pretty solid rate for either.

Southern Hills or Southern Dunes? Southern Hills is north of Tampa. That seems like a pretty solid rate for either.

Southern Hills, that’d be a pretty good rate indeed. I assumed it was Southern Dunes and was sad though.

Back