Southern Hills or Southern Dunes? Southern Hills is north of Tampa. That seems like a pretty solid rate for either.

oh my bad. southern hills plantation course. guess that’s not what we were talking about, huh? don’t mind me. i’ll see myself out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh my bad. southern hills plantation course. guess that’s not what we were talking about, huh? don’t mind me. i’ll see myself out...

Nope that is up North of here. But you should forward that deal to Wardie and I.

Nope that is up North of here. But you should forward that deal to Wardie and I.

Right? I was hoping he made a typo about Southern Dunes but I’m even more interested now haha

use me for the code and don’t invite me? friends like these...

2 weeks from today I’ll be in town. Just a friendly reminder if anyone wants to play.

did we make a decision?

So like I said I definitely love Southern Dunes, and staying in Haines City you would be crazy to skip it. If you want to get 36 in, a great second 18 nearby is Highland Reserve. It's a fun open layout that has traditionally been in great shape for a great price. Across the street is Champions Gate CC, which I have not played but have heard great things. Champions Gate Resort is separate from the CC, and some love it but it has never been my favorite for the $, but it is very convenient to Haines City. Orange County National is an easy drive and another top pick in the area. Grand Cypress is loved by THPers and not too far.

... I am a big fan of Champions Gate CC. Some of the best greens I have played down there. Large greens that are fast and fair. I really enjoy the lay out too. Champions Gate International is another favorite of mine when I can get a deal on Golfnow for around $49-69 but I would pass on Champions Gate National.

CGCC is usually in great shape too. Couple holes where I’m usually a little perturbed by pin placements but overall it’s a nice little track.

That clubhouse or lack there of tho..

use me for the code and don’t invite me? friends like these...

Southern Hills is a ClubCorp affiliate.

If anyone's ever interested I can book at a pretty attractive rate.

It's a great course. One of my favorites.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

... I am a big fan of Champions Gate CC. Some of the best greens I have played down there. Large greens that are fast and fair. I really enjoy the lay out too. Champions Gate International is another favorite of mine when I can get a deal on Golfnow for around $49-69 but I would pass on Champions Gate National.

Looks great. Let’s play

CGCC is usually in great shape too. Couple holes where I’m usually a little perturbed by pin placements but overall it’s a nice little track.

That clubhouse or lack there of tho..

clubtrailer ftw

If anyone wants to play Sunday 12/2 at either Southern Hills or a couple other local options please shoot me a PM.

Will need two more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks great. Let’s play

... I wish I could play Champions Gate CC with you, but I am stuck in the Chicago snow for now.

i’m probably out for any weekend round, but if you decide to play during the week let me know

Going with my dad from 1/1 - 1/4. Staying at the Omni. I definitely want to play the Grand Cypress New Course and at least one of the courses on-site. If you guys had to pick a "must-play" in the area though, which course would it be?

I would play the New Course, a lot of fun for any handicap and every time I have been it has been in great shape.

Going with my dad from 1/1 - 1/4. Staying at the Omni. I definitely want to play the Grand Cypress New Course and at least one of the courses on-site. If you guys had to pick a "must-play" in the area though, which course would it be?

I would play the New Course, a lot of fun for any handicap and every time I have been it has been in great shape.

I know a guy who played pretty well there

Back