So far I've decided on:

1. Grand Cypress New Course
2. ChampionsGate International
3. ChampionsGate Country Club

If you guys had to add a 4th in the area (price not an object where you can book a public tee time), which course would you choose? Obviously would be looking for something that plays a bit different than the first three.

So far I've decided on:

If you guys had to add a 4th in the area (price not an object where you can book a public tee time), which course would you choose? Obviously would be looking for something that plays a bit different than the first three.

depends how far you’re willing to drive and what your budget is.

black bear, eagle dunes or red tail will give you a good feel for north orlando golf. a little more target golf and with elevation changes.

bella collina is a beautiful course and in great shape. also has elevation changes and is a challenging layout.

tranquilo also has some challenging target golf, and is in great shape. but they may be fully private now.

some other thp’ers had a great experience at royal st. cloud. i’ve only been once and it was fun but didn’t live up to the hype. somewhat of a scottish vibe. ...or so they say.

let me know if you have any questions about specific courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@jdibart and i are going to play tuesday 12/4, probably around 9:30am. i think @jim54 is interested. anyone else want to round us out for a foursome? i’m thinking orange county national panther lake or eagle creek golf club. i’d like to book no later than tomorrow morning.

I am in, thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I vote panther lake...but where ever is fine.

I vote panther lake...but where ever is fine.

sounds good. i’ll book it this morning for a threesome and we can add a fourth if someone decides they want to join in.

I’ll be up there December 14-16 for a wedding the the gf is in... but I am not... that means I can golf In The afternoon on the 14th, and the morning on the 15th and 16th!
Who’s in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be up there December 14-16 for a wedding the the gf is in... but I am not... that means I can golf In The afternoon on the 14th, and the morning on the 15th and 16th!
Who’s in?

something up each of those days for me. no can do.

something up each of those days for me. no can do.

Drinks Friday night then maybe? Gotta catch up

Drinks Friday night then maybe? Gotta catch up

christmas party on 12/14. i wish i could.

for the 12/4 crowd, i just pm’d you guys with the details. 9:27 at orange county national crooked cat (panther lake is overseeding). we have room for a 4th if anyone reading this is interested.

So far I've decided on:

Hey! You might want to check when the temporary green on the 5th will be removed. Played there a few days ago and that wasn't my favorite

Winter Park is supposed to be a really fun time...

depends which course in winter park you’re talking about.

interlachen is a private club. it’s really tight and pretty unfair imho. always in great shape.

winter park golf course is the 9-hole track cut into the heart of the posh part of winter park. it’s in respectable shape for what it is, but by no means nice or terribly interesting. still fun though.

winter pines has (or at least used to have) the dubious honor of claiming the most rounds played each year. at one time they claimed 90,000 rounds a year. it has some pretty holes, but it’s not typically in great shape and rounds take forEVer. i would avoid.

I'll be back in town for another volleyball tourney during Spring Break & will be bringing the clubs.

As it gets closer & I know what the schedule is, I'll be looking to book some tee times.

Bay Hill is cool too :)

Bay Hill is cool too :)

I really really liked Bay Hill. Not just for the history and tour event, but the layout was fun and challenging. It was in outstanding condition for what is essentially out of season, and the staff was great. I came into the weekend in the heart of a long stretch of playing terrible golf, and my few good shots were properly rewarded, but I was never really way out of play with the bad shots(save for hazards, of course). One of those courses you feel like you could really do well with another crack at it. It was totally worth the price for the first time playing there, but I don't have the resources to make it a regular place to play. If I did, It'd be high on my list.

Waldorf Astoria is one of my favorites but pricey this time of year

Waldorf Astoria is one of my favorites but pricey this time of year

Looked at playing it... $140

Looked at playing it... $140

i’ll say it again. not even close to being worth that.

Back