Orlando golf recommendations

Orlando golf recommendations

Going to Orlando in January. Looking for a place to stay with my wife who is not a golfer. Would like to find a place with practice facilities and a course on site. Will have a car so 30 minutes +/- outside main attractions is OK. Mid price range or at least not going high end. Recommendations appreciated

Grand Cypress
Hyatt Grand Cypress
Bay Hill
Orange County National
Marriott World Golf Center
Waldorf Astoria
Hilton Bonnet Creek
Omni Championsgate

The list is really endless.

Any first hand experiences with them? Orange county looks golf awesome but accommodations don't look that great.

Any first hand experiences with them? Orange county looks golf awesome but accommodations don't look that great.

Grand cypress has great accommodations and golf

There are reviews and threads on almost every single course listed.
Heck, THP has had or is going to have events at many of them and has those threads too.

Lots of great input on Orlando Golf throughout THP.

475 per night just for lodging is a bit rich for me. Nice place though. Thanks for the info. I have my air and car reserved just looking for the right place. Week of 1/18-1/25.

475 per night just for lodging is a bit rich for me. Nice place though. Thanks for the info. I have my air and car reserved just looking for the right place. Week of 1/18-1/25.

where was that?

There are reviews and threads on almost every single course listed.
Heck, THP has had or is going to have events at many of them and has those threads too.

Lots of great input on Orlando Golf throughout THP.

Thanks I will dig into the reviews

Yeah I can't imagine in Jan places like that being too cheap

Merged with two other threads on this topic

I think you're best bet is the Marriott World Center. Reasonable room rates and pretty good golf at Hawk's Landing. The clubhouse is close to the main entrance and you just walk across the valet parking to get there.

I think you're best bet is the Marriott World Center. Reasonable room rates and pretty good golf at Hawk's Landing. The clubhouse is close to the main entrance and you just walk across the valet parking to get there.

Looked good. No rooms available that week. Thanks

Going to Orlando in January. Looking for a place to stay with my wife who is not a golfer. Would like to find a place with practice facilities and a course on site. Will have a car so 30 minutes +/- outside main attractions is OK. Mid price range or at least not going high end. Recommendations appreciated

You'll need the locals to weigh in on quality of courses, but may want to check inexpensive "stay 'n Play" at a place called Remington Golf Club; a bit far southeast of disney, about 30-40 minutes I'm guessing. I've never been but saw it online in recent winter vacation search I was doing.
If you want to just find accommodations separate from golf course (likely more budget friendly) you can check the usual suspects at VRBO.com or a place I just discovered called "ownerdirect.com". I used the latter this week and booked a decent looking condo place for last 2 weeks in Feb. Apparently nearest golf course to me will be place called Falcon's Fire.
good luck

Last edited:
You are going in peak season. You won't find cheap at a nice place. You'll have to compromise one way or the other. Best of luck!

Gonna revive an old thread.

Playing at Hawk's Landing today at 1:36pm if anyone wants to get out. GolfNow has a special for $59.00

1. Los Collinas-
2. Bella Collina
3. Magnolia
4. Championsgate
5. OCN
6. Falcons Fire

Orlando March 18-24

Orlando March 18-24

Going to be in Orlando March 18-24 if anyone can play some golf.

I will likely be there the 18th -21st. I could probably bring the sticks and play the afternoon of the 19th

i think i could make the afternoon of 3/19 work.

I have to setup my table at the conference at 8:30AM (Orange County Convention Center) and them I'm free. Technically supposed to be working the booth at 5pm that day but I could possibly make alternate arrangements.

I am really excited to be playing with some THP folks on Sunday, I threw my back out somehow yesterday but went to the Chiropractor this morning and he fixed me up. I am going to pass on Golf tomorrow to let it rest so I will be in top (well relatively speaking) form for Sunday.

It was strange went to bed feeling fine and woke up and could hardly walk, the wife wanted to take me to the E.R. getting old not all its cracked up to be, golden years my A$$.

throwing this out there for anyone in the area. we have 1 spot available sunday 3/19 at 12:30 at championsgate national course. some out of town thp'ers are playing, as well as some central florida thp'ers. jim54 has an alternate who can play, but i don't think he's on thp. would love to keep it to two foursomes of thp'ers if possible. anybody interested please pm me by the end of today. rate is $48 for residents, $64 for nonresidents.

Tempting.

Back