DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap
I know that there are not many of us in the area but I wanted to start this as an easier way to look for rounds with fellow THPers. Maybe this will generate some more buzz in the area and we can get some more members from the DMV. ( That was for you Ricky! haha)

I am looking for a 4th this Saturday at Twin Lakes, Lakes course in Clifton, VA. PM if you are interested tee time is 2:15.

Thanks

Dude there are a lot of us in the area. I'm near sykesville, md so VA is a bit far for me.

Dude there are a lot of us in the area. I'm near sykesville, md so VA is a bit far for me.

Cool. I am not that familiar with sykesville what is it near?

Are there any nice courses up your way?

You dirty son of a......

Cool. I am not that familiar with sykesville what is it near?

Are there any nice courses up your way?

Yeah lots. One expensive but more around 35-50 bucks. Sykesville is about 20 minutes west of baltimore.

Yeah lots. One expensive but more around 35-50 bucks. Sykesville is about 20 minutes west of baltimore.

Ahh got it, my sister lives in Baltimore. Yeah that is a little far for you to travel for sure. I am wondering what could be in the middle that would be easier for more people? Hmmm

I like this idea dude!

Blue mash is in the middle. So is patuxent greens.

Patuxent is in bad shape dude.

Oh really? I hadn't been there since last year.

I am just trying to think what is on 95, north of Laurel etc.

On a side note I was going to DE last weekend and saw the sign for Renditions golf course, I haven't played it yet but a buddy of mine has and said it is incredible. Pricey but worth it. Any of you play there?

I heard they lost a few greens to disease. Ive not been in a few years though. Renditions, University of Maryland course. Hampshire greens, red gate over by sharks place. Just to name a few too.

Just wanted to let you all know I'm in the Waldorf area. Have GPS; will travel! So please keep me in mind!

I'm from the Manassas area and while sort of out of the way for you guys, Old Hickory Golf Course was always nice (haven't been by in a few years though)

I'm from the Manassas area and while sort of out of the way for you guys, Old Hickory Golf Course was always nice (haven't been by in a few years though)

I played there last Summer and it was a great track a little rich for my blood but would be decently priced during the week.

You ever play Virginia Oaks? My parents live in a subdivision in that area.

Thanks for starting the thread Crest! I've seen some locals on here, and even met Vince in MB at the invitational last year.

I'm out of town this weekend, but played the Oaks course a few weeks ago. Was in good shape, but I forgot how punishing that course can be if you're driver is all over the place like mine was!

You ever play Virginia Oaks? My parents live in a subdivision in that area.

Nope, I'll keep it in mind though for next time I'm out that way though!

I have played Renditions a few times. It's a fun course but not really worth the $ IMO but will play it again. I have played VA Oaks probably 10 times, last year they lost one of the 9's, but it has come back. I am a member at Heritage Hunt which is right up the street fro VA Oaks and while it's a tough course it is very fun. More than willing to have you all out if you wish. JonD is in South Riding I believe, thats a fun course as well. One of my favorites is Bull Run (off of 15 in Haymarket) while expensive now that Raspberry took it over it is still a great course. Once June hits I am pretty busy with work thru August but can try and play on Sundays and weekday afternoons.

I have played Renditions a few times. It's a fun course but not really worth the $ IMO but will play it again. I have played VA Oaks probably 10 times, last year they lost one of the 9's, but it has come back. I am a member at Heritage Hunt which is right up the street fro VA Oaks and while it's a tough course it is very fun. More than willing to have you all out if you wish. JonD is in South Riding I believe, thats a fun course as well. One of my favorites is Bull Run (off of 15 in Haymarket) while expensive now that Raspberry took it over it is still a great course. Once June hits I am pretty busy with work thru August but can try and play on Sundays and weekday afternoons.

Bull Run is one of my favorite courses too. I generally stick to off-season or GolfNow times due to the cost. The Raspberry Falls mgmt team has definitely turned it around. Sounds to me like there's gonna be some Sunday hackers rounds this summer!

Bull Run is one of my favorite courses too. I generally stick to off-season or GolfNow times due to the cost. The Raspberry Falls mgmt team has definitely turned it around. Sounds to me like there's gonna be some Sunday hackers rounds this summer!

Sounds like a plan. I played Bull Run a few weeks ago and the greens were ok and fairways were nice. I was 10 yards short of the green on #8, love that hole. We should get everyones cell numbers that are interested in playing, through PM's. My work schedule now is 5am-1:30pm but will wind up being 5am-3:30pm once school gets out. So if anyone wants to play a weekday round I can get my co-worker to cover as long as the course is a reasonable distance to me. I am working in the Alexandria/Annandale area for the next 2-3 years if that helps but live outside of Warrenton.

Awesome this is exactly what I was hoping for, well done Gents. Cant wait to tee it up with you guys.

Thanks for starting the thread Crest! I've seen some locals on here, and even met Vince in MB at the invitational last year.

I'm out of town this weekend, but played the Oaks course a few weeks ago. Was in good shape, but I forgot how punishing that course can be if you're driver is all over the place like mine was!

You got it man. I met Vince at the AC outing earlier this month and we talked about getting a round sometime soon.

I have never played VA Oaks but I am gonna check it out.

We could do some polls and see what up coming weekends would work for people. Just a thought for the future.

Sounds like a plan. I played Bull Run a few weeks ago and the greens were ok and fairways were nice. I was 10 yards short of the green on #8, love that hole. We should get everyones cell numbers that are interested in playing, through PM's. My work schedule now is 5am-1:30pm but will wind up being 5am-3:30pm once school gets out. So if anyone wants to play a weekday round I can get my co-worker to cover as long as the course is a reasonable distance to me. I am working in the Alexandria/Annandale area for the next 2-3 years if that helps but live outside of Warrenton.

Vince where in Alexandria/Annandale are you working? If not golf then we should meet up for a beverage or 2 if you get the chance.

Damn 5 am is an early wake up call man.

Last edited:
I am just trying to think what is on 95, north of Laurel etc.

On a side note I was going to DE last weekend and saw the sign for Renditions golf course, I haven't played it yet but a buddy of mine has and said it is incredible. Pricey but worth it. Any of you play there?

I played it last Saturday. Cool holes, but the conditions never match up to the price they charge. By mid June, the greens will be burned up in spots like always - but you won't see a lower price. I did birdie # 17 at TPC though and play Amen corner in 2 over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back