DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't able to come last year and I was hoping there would be another one this year but I guess not. I understand though, quite a bit of time and effort go in to planning for things like that.
I'm sure one of us here in the DMV will get off their arse and try and put something together for a fall outing of some sort.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm sure one of us here in the DMV will get off their arse and try and put something together for a fall outing of some sort.

New arrival due middle of September so give me a buffer for the wife's permission! :clap:

I would be happy to get off my arse and try and put something together for a fall outing of some sort.

Way to step up ‘Nut.

Freshly new to the area this week, landed a job in Tyson's. Anyone have a favorite nearby and cheap course? I'm currently in Dunn Loring.

Additionally, anyone have any insight at Hidden Creek with their membership etc.?

Hidden creek was decent when I took a look at it a few years back. Terrible food but there are certainly worse options!

For all you local NVA folk who can take a day off or get out of work early one day, Bull Run is having a special thru the month of August. $30 after 3 pm Monday thru Thursday.

BullRunPromo.jpg

Anyone played/belong to Old South?

I am looking for a new club, after resigning my membership at South River. Looking for insight into course conditions, and general membership experience.

Thanks!

Who's playing tomorrow? First day of not sweltering hot oven outside. I'll be hitting the links in the afternoon sometime. Should be funny .... haven't played in over a month.

If my body loosens up I might get out. I wasted the good part of the season taking a break from almost all things golf. Im still a little upset with how I ended last season. My pity party ended around the time the heat wave started so I haven’t done much but the itch is returning.

I might finally be able to play again in August

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maybe I should take some more time off from the game and play once a month. Cause I hit the ball really well today and putted well. Made 4 birdies and nothing worse than bogey all day
Also came close to another HIO
3e703e97b84f6f2a00c08554c4a7403e.jpg

Jefferson Lakeside tomorrow, Pendleton Saturday, TBD Sunday.

I love when the wife and kid are out of town.

Is that Westpark @golfinut?

Is that Westpark @golfinut?

Yep. Good 'ol Westpark is still hanging on by a thread. Guys in the clubhouse have no idea when or if it's going to happen. Could be any day for all they know. They are still maintaining it ... cutting greens & fairways. Nice place to just smack the ball around. Especially when it's only $20 :act-up:

Jefferson Lakeside tomorrow, Pendleton Saturday, TBD Sunday.

I love when the wife and kid are out of town.

Dude ... jealous! 3 days in a row. I'm lucky if I get to play 3 times in a month

Yep. Good 'ol Westpark is still hanging on by a thread. Guys in the clubhouse have no idea when or if it's going to happen. Could be any day for all they know. They are still maintaining it ... cutting greens & fairways. Nice place to just smack the ball around. Especially when it's only $20 :act-up:

That price is always a winner. Shame it's shutting down but it's been kinda doomed to that all along.

For all you NVA folk ... Raspberry Falls is having a TaylorMade equipment fitting event next Saturday, August 3

TM_Day.jpg

For all you NVA folk ... Raspberry Falls is having a TaylorMade equipment fitting event next Saturday, August 3

They ever do ball fittings there?

They ever do ball fittings there?
Yes. I've been there for Titleist ball fitting twice. Not sure about TM balls but I'm sure they would have TM balls to hit with TM clubs.

Yes. I've been there for Titleist ball fitting twice. Not sure about TM balls but I'm sure they would have TM balls to hit with TM clubs.

I was thinking more Bridgestone or Titleist. I have yet to play a TM ball I loved, but also haven't played the TP5 yet... Yet.

I was thinking more Bridgestone or Titleist. I have yet to play a TM ball I loved, but also haven't played the TP5 yet... Yet.
The TP5X ball is nice!

I know 1757 has Titleist there a lot for fittings

I'm near Harrisonburg, Va. Just have to love the Valley. I would think I'm a long way from most of you, but would like a road trip.
Would like to play the Pete Dye course near Radford, Va.

Played Royal New Kent Monday.

The greens = :wtf::surrender:

Can’t wait to do it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back