DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'll kick this off.

Lets play somewhere on the 23rd or 24th. Who else can make it that weekend?
I'm subscribed. I will be in NC playing golf, so I am not available for this weekend. But to be honest, the weekend is the 22 & 23. The 24 is Monday.

I want to play golf this coming weekend. Any suggestions? Any volunteers. Aaron, want to let me borrow that driver for the round? Still have not found that shaft on a club. But I am watching just a shaft on the bay.

I'm subscribed. I will be in NC playing golf, so I am not available for this weekend. But to be honest, the weekend is the 22 & 23. The 24 is Monday.

I want to play golf this coming weekend. Any suggestions? Any volunteers. Aaron, want to let me borrow that driver for the round? Still have not found that shaft on a club. But I am watching just a shaft on the bay.

I can probably play this weekend, and your welcome to this driver anytime buddy. Im not playing it right now so you might as well just put it in your bag till you find yourself one...or $300!!!

Been debating that as well but would like to play early in the morning somewhere. Think that's possible?

Been debating that as well but would like to play early in the morning somewhere. Think that's possible?

Do I hear 36 holes Friday & Saturday with THPers...where do I sign? We will make it the Father's Day gifts to each other (except me)!

Do I hear 36 holes Friday & Saturday with THPers...where do I sign? We will make it the Father's Day gifts to each other (except me)!

Only going to be able to play one of those days cause I'm playing Thursday after work as well. Any golf now deals for Saturday morning?

Only going to be able to play one of those days cause I'm playing Thursday after work as well. Any golf now deals for Saturday morning?

Boo, you got my hopes up!!

I'm in for Saturday morning!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

The best I can find on GN for Saturday is Grand Oaks for $45 (Cookie's home club, he will have no excuse), Old Brickyard for $36, Lake Arlington for $39...Thats getting off before 10am.

:( fine be that way!

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I am at the range. I will check back in a little while. I just want to get out some where. Saturday morning sounds great. Don't forget to look at courses over in the Carrollton area. Sometimes something good pops up over in that direction. But Saturday morning is going to be a bear to find something with Decent price.

My DFW friends, I need some advice on an issue I am having. Some of you know that I purchased a used skycaddie from a fellow THP'er who claimed everything worked fine. Well low and behold the backlight doesn't work and it doesn't hold charge for more than an hour and a half. I let him know about the issue with the unit and that I ordered a battery to see if it would fix the problem and if I didn't that I would like my money back. He then replied that he never had a problem with the unit. Well the new battery didn't fix the problem and the unit is still messed up. I then sent him a pm informing him that the new battery did not fix the problem and how would he like to handle the situation. Well this was Saturday and I have not heard anything. My question is: what should my next move be? Should I contact him again or wait a little more? What would you do? Thanks guys.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

My DFW friends, I need some advice on an issue I am having. Some of you know that I purchased a used skycaddie from a fellow THP'er who claimed everything worked fine. Well low and behold the backlight doesn't work and it doesn't hold charge for more than an hour and a half. I let him know about the issue with the unit and that I ordered a battery to see if it would fix the problem and if I didn't that I would like my money back. He then replied that he never had a problem with the unit. Well the new battery didn't fix the problem and the unit is still messed up. I then sent him a pm informing him that the new battery did not fix the problem and how would he like to handle the situation. Well this was Saturday and I have not heard anything. My question is: what should my next move be? Should I contact him again or wait a little more? What would you do? Thanks guys.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Did War Eagle sell you it? I had the same issue when he sold me his. Ha!! JK! Inside Joke!

That stinks. Cookie might be the better person to ask about this and what to do.

No I didn't buy it from War Eagle. I called Cookie earlier today but I guess he was busy.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

No I didn't buy it from War Eagle. I called Cookie earlier today but I guess he was busy.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

It's a funny story with War Eagle I have...remind me to tell it to you next time.

I think his boss was in town so he might be a little busy.

It's a funny story with War Eagle I have...remind me to tell it to you next time.

I think his boss was in town so he might be a little busy.

Sounds good. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I'd start by looking at who sold it to you. Albatross member or a guest? What is their activity on the boards? If they seem to have a fair amount of posts etc maybe they just haven't read the PM, and I would send another just asking if they had a chance to look at your previous PM. If they seem to have disappeared after the transaction I would contact SkyCaddie and see about a warranty or recall.

I'd start by looking at who sold it to you. Albatross member or a guest? What is their activity on the boards? If they seem to have a fair amount of posts etc maybe they just haven't read the PM, and I would send another just asking if they had a chance to look at your previous PM. If they seem to have disappeared after the transaction I would contact SkyCaddie and see about a warranty or

I really think he hasn't read it yet. I just needed to vent a little so that I won't do or say something stupid. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Got a 2 day tournament at da club that weekend so I'm out.

Actually looking to maybe play this Friday afternoon if anyone can slip out of work or might have it off? Tee off around 12:30 or 1?

I could likely make it somewhere this Friday but 1 would be the earliest and that's assuming it's someplace less than an hour from me.

I'm also playing in a tournament the weekend of the 23rd.

I'd start by looking at who sold it to you. Albatross member or a guest? What is their activity on the boards? If they seem to have a fair amount of posts etc maybe they just haven't read the PM, and I would send another just asking if they had a chance to look at your previous PM. If they seem to have disappeared after the transaction I would contact SkyCaddie and see about a warranty or

I really think he hasn't read it yet. I just needed to vent a little so that I won't do or say something stupid. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Vent brother. I would be upset too. I remember Nate having his problem. Believe it turned out to be operator error. Isn't that right Nate. Does Sky caddy have a trouble shooting manual that you could try and see what could be wrong with it?

Vent brother. I would be upset too. I remember Nate having his problem. Believe it turned out to be operator error. Isn't that right Nate. Does Sky caddy have a trouble shooting manual that you could try and see what could be wrong with it?
Ryan didn't send me the operational manual.........his fault all day long. :D

What about this weekend? Any thoughts? Any ideas? We could hit one of the courses out of the metroplex even. Sugar Tree, The one up in Munster. Something down south maybe?
I looked at Golfnow and did not see anything that stood out, that had a great deal. But I would still like to play some where.

Lol, yeah I ruled that out by downloading the manual before I got it. I am going to give him till the end of next week to make things right, if not then he leaves me no choice but to call him out on the forum. I really hate to do it but what else can I do and the thing that upsets me the most is that he was on the forum earlier this afternoon. So I know he had to have seen my pm's. Really upsetting! :mad:

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back