DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a few years ago and the conditions were so bad I swore the course off. Multiple friends told me it was looking great so I played earlier this year and it was in the best shape I've seen. There problem has always been not watering the freaking course and I guess all the rain we had earlier this year is what the course needed. Bunkers suck but that doesn't really bother me. Most affordable courses around here have trash bunkers and it's just so expensive to tear em up and do it right. Fun little layout for a good price, but I would still prefer to drive just a bit further west and hit up Canyon West.
From talking to the guy at the desk, a new ownership group bought it about a year ago. The conditions now can't solely be attributed to all the rain we had back in June, as it is super lush and green now...whereas other local courses are browning out due to the heat.

I swore it off too...but I'd recommend playing it again soon. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Whitestone GC in Benbrook is in amazing shape!

For the last 2-3 years I would always avoid this course because the conditions were terrible, but they have definitely dumped some money into and the place and it rivals some of the higher end public courses right now.

There are about 3-4 bunkers on the back 9 that need work, but I'm willing to overlook them based on the rest of the course AND the clubhouse willingly admitting they need work and are focusing on them now.

Price is $35ish during the week and about $50 on the weekend, so in line with other public courses....but I give the nod to Whitestone for layout and conditions right now.

One note of caution, particularly for hole 10...if your ball goes in the weeds, don't go look for it. Saw 3 of the biggest snakes I've seen in Texas just off the fairway on this hole!

I played there in late June and was impressed too! Never played it before though so don’t have anything to compare it to prior conditions wise.

Anyone playing late Saturday or early Sunday?

Nevermind. I don't think we're coming now.

Last edited:
In ft worth for a wedding this weekend, driving over to Tribute saturday morning. Looks like a lot of fun.

In ft worth for a wedding this weekend, driving over to Tribute saturday morning. Looks like a lot of fun.

Tribute is a fun course. A little taste of links golf.

I may get shot for this because someone is going to say THAT'S NOT A GOLF COURSE (!) but Stadium Links has the "get on the email list" for The Ballpark in Arlington in October. No, it is not real golf (you're in a baseball stadium - duh!). Yes, it is ridiculous fun. If you haven't done it you must. It's just crazy fun. I drove a ball over the right field fence for a HOMER! #winning

Just do it. You'll thank me later.

https://www.stadiumlinks.com/

BuckeyeMark;n8637136 said:
I may get shot for this because someone is going to say THAT'S NOT A GOLF COURSE (!) but Stadium Links has the "get on the email list" for The Ballpark in Arlington in October. No, it is not real golf (you're in a baseball stadium - duh!). Yes, it is ridiculous fun. If you haven't done it you must. It's just crazy fun. I drove a ball over the right field fence for a HOMER! #winning

Just do it. You'll thank me later.

https://www.stadiumlinks.com/

Cool. Saw that pop up and signed up and on wait list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back