Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
I figured since there are several other threads out there for local areas that we needed our own as well.

Lets use it to discuss small gatherings and looking for rounds.

Is anyone interested in playing tomorrow morning I get off work at 8am

If I lived near you I would have played for sure. Good idea on the area chat since there is alot of people from around here

If I lived near you I would have played for sure. Good idea on the area chat since there is alot of people from around here

I probably should have done it earlier in the season but better late than never.

Good idea buddy. I like this thread.

Good thread is good. I'll be looking for a game/games 1st week of Sept. More to follow...

I played Sharon Woods yesterday which is a nice hilly county track with some good elevation changes and some beautiful holes. Sorry I didn't take any pictures but the course was in great shape.

If your in the cincy area this is a great course to play and can be found reasonable on golfnow rate was $41 with cart on a Saturday with a noon tee time without discounts.

I played Sharon Woods yesterday which is a nice hilly county track with some good elevation changes and some beautiful holes. Sorry I didn't take any pictures but the course was in great shape.

If your in the cincy area this is a great course to play and can be found reasonable on golfnow rate was $41 with cart on a Saturday with a noon tee time without discounts.

Glad to hear you liked it, I havent played it in quite a long time but have heard some really good things about the course as of late.

Playing in an outing today at Medina Country Club in north east Ohio. One of my all time favorite tracks. Ill take pics

I played Shamrock, in Columbus. Super SUPER dry, so Drives were running forever. The ground was watered, but the sun was STRAIGHT DOWN, so there was 2 par 4's you could be on in one.

Glad to hear you liked it, I havent played it in quite a long time but have heard some really good things about the course as of late.

It was in very good shape and definitely be a risk/reward type course if you dare to cut some of the dog legs. I think it plays longer due to elevation changes and layups than what the card said.

Playing in an outing today at Medina Country Club in north east Ohio. One of my all time favorite tracks. Ill take pics
Have you played The Quarry yet this year. One of my favorites. I'm usually playing Boulder Creek during the week if your ever interested.

Man I haven't played Sharon Woods in over a decade!!! It wasn't great back then, and the elevation changes were frustrating from what I remember.

Still got gift certificates to play The Quarry. Waiting to go

Man I haven't played Sharon Woods in over a decade!!! It wasn't great back then, and the elevation changes were frustrating from what I remember.

The elevation changes were quite interesting and made ya think about club selection and the shot you wanted to hit.

Example #9 is a long par5 uphill almost all the way and pretty much a blind second toward the green. #10 is a dogleg left par 4 335yds down hill, cutting the corner is possible(i did), but you have to carry the trees which leaves you a nice short 30 yard or less chip. there is a 230 uphill par3 that is brutal and a 217 par 3 that is about 100 yards down hill. plus lots of other crazy elevation changes on the course.

Gonna play Chariot Run near New Albany, IN on Sept 1 & Sept 3... I'll grab some pics if I remember.

Jealous! Haven't played there in years. I recall it being a great layout and demanding as hell.

Jealous! Haven't played there in years. I recall it being a great layout and demanding as hell.

It kicked my ass the 1st, and only, time I played it 2 years ago. It's the only place I've ever played that had the green speed posted in the club house (10.5). I'll play to the front of the green every shot when I return.

So Miami Whitewater outside of Harrison or Winton Woods in Forest Park / Cinti. have been on my list for a while anyone free for a couple of hours over this coming three day weekend let me know preferably after say 11

So Miami Whitewater outside of Harrison or Winton Woods in Forest Park / Cinti. have been on my list for a while anyone free for a couple of hours over this coming three day weekend let me know preferably after say 11

Sorry that I am not around this weekend tom!! I've played whitewater before. A decent track, although definitely dependent on how the course has been maintained this year.

Sorry Tom, next weekend?

Sorry Tom, next weekend?

That might work, I will see if I have to work on any side jobs and Winton Woods would be closer for you or White Water , Ill let you know by Wednesday if that's ok

That might work, I will see if I have to work on any side jobs and Winton Woods would be closer for you or White Water , Ill let you know by Wednesday if that's ok

Sounds good to me, just not too early on sat morning, my brothers getting married Friday night

I will call them to see what's open, 12-1 ish it takes me 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get there so I don't want to have to leave at like 5 am, that's two anyone else next Saturday at Winton Woods or Miami Whitewater which ever has an opening and no outing

Another great course that I've heard is Hueston Woods and its probaly at least an hr to hr n a half closer to you.

Back