Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Where is the most trustworthy club builder around the somewhat Cleveland area? I want to pull the current tip I have on my custom THCE shaft off, so obviously I don’t want to ruin it. I definitely don’t trust golf Galaxy, even though they haven’t messed up anything of mine yet.

This is a great question.
I have a Aldila shaft with a Nike Tip I always wanted to change out.
I would have gone to GG in Fairlawn since i work near it. They bent my wedges just fine last year.

Well it was for sure old school Donald Ross style. I liked the condition of it when it was good and under good management. The last time I played it I was disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe not?

https://neohgolf.com/shock-hawthorne-valley-is-not-a-donald-ross-course/

But then it shows up here (as that article above is following up on):

https://rosssociety.org/resources/D...List/Final Ross course list August 2018 .pdf

Where is the most trustworthy club builder around the somewhat Cleveland area? I want to pull the current tip I have on my custom THCE shaft off, so obviously I don’t want to ruin it. I definitely don’t trust golf Galaxy, even though they haven’t messed up anything of mine yet.

Friend of mine in Westlake:

https://www.cappysclubrepair.com

That’s really close to me. You 100% trust them to remove the tip off a completely custom one of one can’t ever be duplicated shaft? If so, I may look into that option.

Yes, have known him for several years. He does all the repair for private clubs in the area and is well known for great work over the years. I’m also biased since he’s my fitter and “coach”!

Yes, have known him for several years. He does all the repair for private clubs in the area and is well known for great work over the years. I’m also biased since he’s my fitter and “coach”!

Well I may give him a shout

Obviously someone is lying......this is from the Donald Ross Society’s own logs lol.
a6f3cbd08dc3dd32f35bf07e6889736e.jpg
17f75e7ec7f5c0d173a066a100d67681.jpg

This image clearly shows Hawthorne Valley Listed in their logs. Weird stuff.
c8c8b0e5d6064d34b93a1ee02170de8f.jpg

Yeah, whoever wrote the NEOH Golf article is “following up” on it...(edited my post and added the link to that PDF).

Yeah, whoever wrote the NEOH Golf article is “following up” on it...(edited my post and added the link to that PDF).

No worries. Just interested to know who is the one lying . I’m guessing it’s either a miscommunication OR the guy who got booted from the club for hawking golf balls back in the day had an ax to grind 50yrs later. Pretty sure the Donald Ross Society has no need to lie about it being his. Lol

I know I will be going to the golf show this weekend. More than likely Friday and if not Friday then Definitely Saturday.....Whos goin?

I know I will be going to the golf show this weekend. More than likely Friday and if not Friday then Definitely Saturday.....Whos goin?

Can't fit it into the schedule, unfortunately. I know my head coach & PGA pro (Bill Reilly) will be there doing the free lesson gig Friday.

@JourdanInMich @pkorf

Let's stop destroying the random acts of kindness thread hahaha!

When the weather clears, Columbus is DEF a good idea for a round.

@JourdanInMich @pkorf

Yea good lookin out. I’d be down for cincy.....cbus....cle....Toledo...Detroit....

Like I said in the other thread. Isn’t it about time for another big spring gathering spanning a weekend? Happy to look into some stuff....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like I said in the other thread. Isn’t it about time for another big spring gathering spanning a weekend? Happy to look into some stuff....

the last time I got suckered into a northern Ohio Spring gathering it snowed and/or rained on me hahahahaha

I could definitely have you guys to my club. I’d love to play Inverness, my grandparents were members when I was little but never played it.

Would love to meet up with some of you guys. I wonder if my pro knows anyone that knows anyone that knows someone that could hook up Muirfield.

I could definitely have you guys to my club. I’d love to play Inverness, my grandparents were members when I was little but never played it.

Would love to meet up with some of you guys. I wonder if my pro knows anyone that knows anyone that knows someone that could hook up Muirfield.

Just tell me when and how pretty to look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea good lookin out. I’d be down for cincy.....cbus....cle....Toledo...Detroit....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
After yet rain again last year up north it needs to be later and needs to be south like Columbus.

Wait wait wait. Let’s go back to Inverness for a hot minute.....

After yet rain again last year up north it needs to be later and needs to be south like Columbus.

Or Medina ....

Later than Late May????!!

Wait wait wait. Let’s go back to Inverness for a hot minute.....

I agree... Don't worry about a May gathering, I'll go in March if it's Inverness! The renovation looks incredible.

@JourdanInMich @pkorf

I like the sound of this!

Back