Michigan hackers, check in here

Just wanted to drop in here and say hello. I posted in the legacy tourney thread, but incase anyone wasn't in that one. My name is Brian I was born and raised in Petersburg and then was in the Air Force the past ten years. Just separated and moved back home to work on the family farm in August. I haven't carried a handicap in several year but am a low 80's golfer. Mid season lol.

Just wanted to drop in here and say hello. I posted in the legacy tourney thread, but incase anyone wasn't in that one. My name is Brian I was born and raised in Petersburg and then was in the Air Force the past ten years. Just separated and moved back home to work on the family farm in August. I haven't carried a handicap in several year but am a low 80's golfer. Mid season lol.

Well thank you for your service Brian! I'm on the opposite side of Monroe County, but I know Rob is very close to ya! We will have a catch a round or two this year.

Welcome and thanks for 10 years of service. Looking forward to teeing it up this summer.

Alright, who ordered more snow!?!

Add another one from MI...I'm located in Washington Twp....About a driver and a 5 iron from The Orchards Golf Club.

I think the lack of MI golfers here might be due to them still shoveling out the driveway and time spent at the local tire shop fixing bent rims and flat tires.:banghead:

Add another one from MI...I'm located in Washington Twp....About a driver and a 5 iron from The Orchards Golf Club.

I think the lack of MI golfers here might be due to them still shoveling out the driveway and time spent at the local tire shop fixing bent rims and flat tires.:banghead:

Michigan Slice and I played with a couple other THPers at Greystone just up the way from there! Would love to play the Orchards one day.

Then you are about 5 min from me. Let's tee it up as soon as a course is open around here.

Just a reminder or a suggestion, I don't know how many keep track of THP on your cell phones, or iPads, etc.

You MAY think of subscribing to this thread to be notifies when fellow Michigan THPers are getting together and play!

I'm about 30 min south of those courses. See you guys when the weather breaks!!

Would have loved to come up to Carl's but I was out of town.

Michigan Slice and I played with a couple other THPers at Greystone just up the way from there! Would love to play the Orchards one day.
I personally like Greystone more than the Orchards.

Dont get me wrong, the Orchards is a fantastic course that is in tip top shape all the time. Service and players there are also top notch and the practice areas have to be some of the best in this area. The price is over $60 a round unless you are there for "twilight" times. It's a course that will lull you to sleep and then tie you up, paint your face, and take embarassing pics of you.

Greystone is just downright pretty at times and is a very fun and challenging layout. Still yet to shoot even there, been close many times, for the final 3 holes of beauty and pain to take that away.

Then you are about 5 min from me. Let's tee it up as soon as a course is open around here.
Sounds fantastic.

What are some of the courses you like to play in the area?

Just a reminder or a suggestion, I don't know how many keep track of THP on your cell phones, or iPads, etc.

You MAY think of subscribing to this thread to be notifies when fellow Michigan THPers are getting together and play!
This is a great idea...thx

Sounds fantastic.

What are some of the courses you like to play in the area?

Greystone and Cherry Creek are my two favorite in the area. I do play Glacier from time to time.

agyvumug.jpg

Ok... It's raining!

Hoping to chase down the tour van.

Right thread. It's raining here too

Greystone and Cherry Creek are my two favorite in the area. I do play Glacier from time to time.
I've only played Cherry Creek a few times. Took care of nicely and some real tight holes. Just feel they are overpriced for the flat layout and tight holes. At $45-$50 a round I expect a little more from a course.

How about the love or hate course, Devils Ridge.

I've only played Cherry Creek a few times. Took care of nicely and some real tight holes. Just feel they are overpriced for the flat layout and tight holes. At $45-$50 a round I expect a little more from a course.

How about the love or hate course, Devils Ridge.

Love that Devils Ridge is so challenging. Hate it for the same reason.

Devils Ridge is all right, but I think it a little tricked up. But it sure makes you think a little on each shot

Love that Devils Ridge is so challenging. Hate it for the same reason.

Haha...If youre placing the ball in the right spot you can shoot some low scores there...very scenic and good prices too...really dont like the CS there at all though

Devils Ridge is all right, but I think it a little tricked up. But it sure makes you think a little on each shot

I hear that all the time...A "gimmic" course actually ....I like that it makes you focus on each shot alot harder....rarely you have that feeling that you can just whack it out there...alot of layup or go for it chances(esp. 15 & 17 greens from the box)

Have you ever played Fieldstone? That's a pretty tough course. I play in a league there.

Have you ever played Fieldstone? That's a pretty tough course. I play in a league there.

Love Fieldstone. I used to play there all the time when I worked in Pontiac. Wouldn't mind playing a league there either.

If a spot opens up I will let you know.

Back