Michigan hackers, check in here

Have you ever played Fieldstone? That's a pretty tough course. I play in a league there.

No I havent...

Ventured over to the Lansing area last year and played Shepards Hollow...Nice place and some crazy tough greens....Came up with the phrase, schwaheelie for those bumps....saw multiple 4 putts in the group that day

Have you ever played Fieldstone? That's a pretty tough course. I play in a league there.

I was wondering when someone was gonna bring up Fieldstone. I've never played there but heard good things. Have some passes I need to use there.

I love Shepards Hollow. It feels like your up north.

I love Shepards Hollow. It feels like your up north.

Same feel I had. Each hole was just that, a hole cut from the forest that made you feel like each hole was its own course. Only played there that time and will be making a visit again.

We just had two drop out for the Scramble in Ottawa Hills, MI on April 12. If interested hit up the thread for it.

Michigan hackers, check in here

Wrong thread edit

Just realized I posted in the wrong thread.

It was a beautiful day today. I went to the driving range for the first time. You can tell it's been a long winter. I hit the ball okay. I can't wait to get on to the course again. Bye Bye winter!!!

Alright, I want to tee it up for at least 9 holes next week before the scramble. Anyone want to join me?

Alright, I want to tee it up for at least 9 holes next week before the scramble. Anyone want to join me?

Me! What day are you thinking? I'm good for either Saturday anytime, or Sunday after 2...or after 5 on weekdays.

Me! What day are you thinking? I'm good for either Saturday anytime, or Sunday after 2...or after 5 on weekdays.

Don't know yet. Waiting on the weather report. It will most likely be a weekday though.

As long as it's not Tuesday or Thursday I'd be able to give it a strong look.

I was going to go hit the range today during lunch, but after seeing these winds I'd pretty much get nothing out of it. Basement putting it is.

I would, but right now this weekend looks like one of those "find a time and sneak in 9 on my home course" types. Looking forward to meeting all y'all next Saturday!

I would, but right now this weekend looks like one of those "find a time and sneak in 9 on my home course" types. Looking forward to meeting all y'all next Saturday!

My weekend is booked solid unless I can convince my wife to drop the kiddies for an hour or two so she can join me at the range. Thinking I'll sneak out if work early next Wednesday and get in 9 somewhere.

I'm thinking about going tomorrow afternoon. It looks like it is going to be sunny out tomorrow with not to much wind.

I played at a little 9 hole course called Red Oaks in Madison Hts. Its a par 31, it has a couple of fairly long par 3's. It is an overall easy course, perfect place for my first outing of the year.
I shot a 39, with 2 pars and 1 double, the rest bogeys. I hit some good shots and some not so good shots. I had 2 three putts. I must of gotten weak over the winter or the balls don't like the cold becasue
I was 10 to 15 yards short with most of my clubs. It took a little while to adjust. But it was fun to get on the course again, it was a beautiful sunny day.

Glad to hear Red Oaks is still open. It's a nice warm up course.

Glad to hear Red Oaks is still open. It's a nice warm up course.
That's where I grew up playing. My mom used to drop me and my friends off there and we would have a ball. I was expecting it to be real wet, but it wasn't bad at all.

I've never been to Red Oaks. My warm up par 3 course is Hampton in Rochester Hills. They even book through golf now.

I've never been to Red Oaks. My warm up par 3 course is Hampton in Rochester Hills. They even book through golf now.

I have never been to Hampton, even though I only live about 10 minutes away from it. Is it by all the apartments over there?

I have never been to Hampton, even though I only live about 10 minutes away from it. Is it by all the apartments over there?

Yea it is by the Hampton Apartments. Behind the plaza with Target and Bestbuy at Rochester and Auburn.

Never even heard of it. I'll have to stop by for a quick round on my way home from the office since I drive right past there.

Back