Michigan hackers, check in here

Glad everyone had a great time! It was nice meeting you both and it's always good seeing CJ. Taking some full swings from good lies was fun, trying to avoid bunkers and chips (except CJ).

Glad everyone had fun hopefully I can attend one when I get back to the states.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Okay, now I really can't wait for tomorrow. A sim round with THPers followed up by hitting the Golfsmith that is right around to corner for debut of the new Big Bertha.

Okay, now I really can't wait for tomorrow. A sim round with THPers followed up by hitting the Golfsmith that is right around to corner for debut of the new Big Bertha.

If you weren't a lefty....haha

Ah. I'm a little slow today. Not enough coffee. I know where I'm heading for sure then right after Swingtek.

Sorry guys, cant make it tomorrow. Have meetings all day. Have fun.

Anyone going to the Grand Rapids golf show, this coming up weekend?.

I was just there!! Doesn't compare to the Novi golf show. I just happened to be in Grand Rapids and decided to go. Way smaller and less booths than Novi.

I was just there!! Doesn't compare to the Novi golf show. I just happened to be in Grand Rapids and decided to go. Way smaller and less booths than Novi.

The GR show seems to be getting smaller every year.
Might have to make the Novi show this year.

The GR show seems to be getting smaller every year.
Might have to make the Novi show this year.

There's a few of us planning in grabbing lunch in the area and attending. Have never been there but excited for my first.

I don't know if any of you get the group golfer deals but today's is for $5 admission to the Novi Golf show.

Solid! Thanks for posting. What day are you all attending? I'm good for the weekend.

I'm planning on Friday for the sheer fact that the weekend will probably be super busy. If they aren't based on past experience, I'm fine doing any day.

I think Friday works best for me, but if the consensus is going another day, I will accommodate.

Look forward to this!

I would only be able to make Friday. Of course that is all depending on when the new kid decides it wants to come into this world. I've already got a putter waiting for him/her too.

So the heat wave that is about to hit us this week has me ready for spring. Already looking a a weekend away with my wife at Tree Tops.

I'm getting fired up for tomorrow. I have a driver fitting at the Launch Pad in Carl's Golfland. It's going to be my first new driver in 2 years even though I've not had one in the bag for the last 6-8 months.

lpp4.jpg

Nice Adam! I've been to the Miles fitting bays and was impressed. Best of luck on the fitting, you definitely needed this! Any prelim leaders going in?

I've got a few, but I'm going in completely open minded. I spoke with the guy that did my iron fitting in December and he gave some good info the the guy that will be doing my driver fitting tomorrow. My current favorites are:

913 D2 - not the longest in stock form, but I was so consistent with it that it is at the top of my list. I'm thinking a shaft change may help the distance.
Bertha and her Alpha sister - love the standard head but REALLY LOVE the stock shaft in the Alpha. The Alpha was so hot off the face that it just isn't funny. It has to be the longest driver I've ever hit, but really punished me when I hit it near the heel.
Bio Cell - amazing head but I can't stand the stock shaft. Uber forgiving on miss-hits. I didn't see a whole lot of loss when I caught the heel. Never hit one off the toe with this club.

I'll gladly purchase whatever head/shaft combo gives me the best numbers though. Even if it isn't one of my favorites based on the stock head/shaft combos that I've hit.

I've got a few, but I'm going in completely open minded. I spoke with the guy that did my iron fitting in December and he gave some good info the the guy that will be doing my driver fitting tomorrow. My current favorites are:

913 D2 - not the longest in stock form, but I was so consistent with it that it is at the top of my list. I'm thinking a shaft change may help the distance.
Bertha and her Alpha sister - love the standard head but REALLY LOVE the stock shaft in the Alpha. The Alpha was so hot off the face that it just isn't funny. It has to be the longest driver I've ever hit, but really punished me when I hit it near the heel.
Bio Cell - amazing head but I can't stand the stock shaft. Uber forgiving on miss-hits. I didn't see a whole lot of loss when I caught the heel. Never hit one off the toe with this club.

I'll gladly purchase whatever head/shaft combo gives me the best numbers though. Even if it isn't one of my favorites based on the stock head/shaft combos that I've hit.

Did you try the R1 or the SLDR? When I settled on the R1 I had tried the Nike and Cobra drivers as well. The R1 was like a completely different club than I had ever swung.

That driver was my first professional fitting ever. It was such a great experience. I understand your giddiness!

Did you try the R1 or the SLDR? When I settled on the R1 I had tried the Nike and Cobra drivers as well. The R1 was like a completely different club than I had ever swung.

That driver was my first professional fitting ever. It was such a great experience. I understand your giddiness!

I did try the SLDR but not the R1. The SLDR set at 12° with me hitting up on the ball didn't launch anywhere near the other drivers I hit. That of course was with the stock shaft. I'm staying open to what the fitter recommends and the Trackman numbers back up. If a SLDR with a proper shaft ends up working then that is what I'll game for 2014.

Just pick up a 9.5* Jetspeed with stock shaft after a very extensive Trackman session. I was surprised that with all the great clubs out there it came down to the Jetspeed or the SLDR. Jetspeed was the longest club I hit with decent consistency and the SLDR was without a doubt the closest to the center of my aim. Jetspeed was 38 total yards longer though.

This was my second fitting at Carl's and both times have been stellar. Nick had me hitting about 7 different heads with various shafts. I'm a little tired at the moment but happy with my purchase.

Stock was best. We tried a few different ones, but the stock gave the best results in the Jetspeed and SLDR. Bertha got better results with the Diamana S+ 62g shaft.

Back