Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Eagle Crest on Saturday. Can't complain about $40 for 18 holes with a cart as the cheapest around Boston I've found on a weekend is $45 if I walk. Greens were fast and the course is in great shape. Shot my best game, ever. Looking forward to playing here and some other nearby courses when I visit my in-laws again in the future.

Well it's been awhile since this thread has seen some action, hopefully ya'll have been golfing while the nice weather is here.
I finally had a chance to play one of my bucket list courses, Oak Hill CC (East Course) and it did not disappoint. Conditions were great, greens were even a little on the slower side because of the rain we had recently. The rough was some of the trickiest I've dealt with, not necessarily super long but just would tangle up your iron pretty good if you didn't commit to your swing. Played with my two buddies and a member, def. a round I won't forget and will cherish for years to come.
42461a0eec009a0450a9dec233e3e6d5.jpg

Signature Hole #13
2dd3a41a0b25084c505b4860b54fb95e.jpg

Me pictured in the middle
87c84644577dc8435a1c47475952140e.jpg

For anybody around the Buffalo area the 2019 Porter Cup is July 27th weekend. 5 guys that played in the US Open will be teeing it up at Niagara Falls Country Club. It's a good time and some future stars will be there.

Well it's been awhile since this thread has seen some action, hopefully ya'll have been golfing while the nice weather is here.
I finally had a chance to play one of my bucket list courses, Oak Hill CC (East Course) and it did not disappoint. Conditions were great, greens were even a little on the slower side because of the rain we had recently. The rough was some of the trickiest I've dealt with, not necessarily super long but just would tangle up your iron pretty good if you didn't commit to your swing. Played with my two buddies and a member, def. a round I won't forget and will cherish for years to come.
42461a0eec009a0450a9dec233e3e6d5.jpg

Signature Hole #13
2dd3a41a0b25084c505b4860b54fb95e.jpg

Me pictured in the middle
87c84644577dc8435a1c47475952140e.jpg
That's awesome. A friend of mine is the current club champion there. Bucket list for me too. Glad you had the opportunity.

Just checking to see if anyone is alive in WNY?

It's been really quiet in here. I'm on the mend till next season but I hope everyone else is playing often and well.

It's been really quiet in here. I'm on the mend till next season but I hope everyone else is playing often and well.

I am playing alot and its paying off with some of the best golf I've ever played. Good to hear from you and get well!

I am playing alot and its paying off with some of the best golf I've ever played. Good to hear from you and get well!
Playing the fewest rounds of golf in years, maybe 6 times so far. Usually have 20-25 rounds in by now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There’s also silence from Syracuse, Albany and other areas. It’s been quiet for me in the Albany area as I haven’t played since late June because of a back issue. Unfortunately, I have had to pass up rounds at some of the better private clubs in the area.

There’s also silence from Syracuse, Albany and other areas. It’s been quiet for me in the Albany area as I haven’t played since late June because of a back issue. Unfortunately, I have had to pass up rounds at some of the better private clubs in the area.

That stinks. Hope ya heel up before the weather turns so you can get out.

I can relate to the back issue! Heal up soon.

I’ve played Green Lake State Park and a course in the ADKs (Inlet) in the past month but other than that it’s just been my home course every day. Amazing how dry and firm everything is now compared to May and early June.

What's the course at Green Lake like? We've been talking for a couple years about spending a few days camping there, but something always comes up.

I like it, it’s a pretty varied layout with some tight holes and some wide open ones. There are a couple blind tee shots but also some fun downhill holes. It was in really good shape when I played it.

What's the course at Green Lake like? We've been talking for a couple years about spending a few days camping there, but something always comes up.

Really nice course... especially for a State Park. I pretty much live next to the park. If you can play a couple times then look up The Links at Erie Village (East Syracuse, NY). Its about a 5 minute drive from the park and it's a very nice course as well.

Wish I could play that much. I think I have played 5 times this year and one of those was a scramble. Up in Canada for two weeks and played Legends last Sunday. Playing Port Colborne CC next Thursday. Some real deals in Ontario with the Canadien dollar. Still trying to dial in my new irons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back