New England Members

I like Shaker Hills out by you. Good track and pricing is pretty good.

Definitely would play Triggs.

I have played both of those, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Granted I played Triggs when it was 35 out and still some snow on the ground, but it looked like it would be an awesome course in the spring time when everything is in good shape.

And warm... Please be warm haha

Using Tapatalk

"Warm"? What is this "warm" you speak of?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I have played both of those, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Granted I played Triggs when it was 35 out and still some snow on the ground, but it looked like it would be an awesome course in the spring time when everything is in good shape.

Last time I played was in the fall in 40* temps, wind and covered in leaves... but it is nice in the spring/summer

Last time I played was in the fall in 40* temps, wind and covered in leaves... but it is nice in the spring/summer

Last year was my first and only time playing Triggs, I think it was a 35 or 40* day in March when the sun was out and we were pulling our hair out to get our first round of the year in.

Just joined here but would be interested in playing. What do you guys think of playing crosswinds in plymouth. In my opinion it is one of if not better public places south of boston, also priced right. I play out of widows walk in scituate but not a track for everyone.

Bellingham, MA here. I'd definitely be interested in getting together this Spring.

I'm up by Lowell. Up for playing anywhere.

Bellingham, MA here. I'd definitely be interested in getting together this Spring.

Where do you play? I've played Maplegate a few times and I like the layout. I want to play New England CC but haven't had a chance.

Using Tapatalk

Where do you play? I've played Maplegate a few times and I like the layout. I want to play New England CC but haven't had a chance.

Using Tapatalk

I had a membership to Maplegate a couple years ago. It was in pretty good shape back then, but from what I'm told, a new groundskeeper over seeded last year, which led to the fairways and greens burning out. New England CC has a nice layout with some interesting elevation changes and they typically keep it well maintained. Wentworth Hills in Plainville usually has some good deals and Bungay Brook is great for 9.

Thats a bummer about Maplegate, I like Wentworth I've played that a few times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't played it since my wife's family moved to Maine, but I really used to look forward to getting a round in at Cranberry Valley in Harwich back when we used to visit them on the Cape. A real old school gem that was a regular on the Golf Digest top 100 public courses in the days before the uber long penal tracks became the criteria.

Last edited:
Did anyone go to the expo last weekend? I went on Saturday and had a decent time. Got a good deal on new shoes and hit a few clubs. Really liked the new Tight Lies FW from Adams.

Did anyone go to the expo last weekend? I went on Saturday and had a decent time. Got a good deal on new shoes and hit a few clubs. Really liked the new Tight Lies FW from Adams.

I didn't go to the expo but I was in Dallas with THP at the Adams event and got to hit the Tight Lies FW. That is one impressive club. It truly does perform. It is high on my ponder list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am in ri and a member at newport national. super demanding track, i wouldn't mind meeting in mass for some golf.

Just joined here but would be interested in playing. What do you guys think of playing crosswinds in plymouth. In my opinion it is one of if not better public places south of boston, also priced right. I play out of widows walk in scituate but not a track for everyone.

I would actually prefer both Atlantic and Crosswinds over Pine Hills when you factor in the price of the rounds.

Where do you fish out of for monks?

i am in ri and a member at newport national. super demanding track, i wouldn't mind meeting in mass for some golf.

I played there a few years back. It was nice.

I love the place. of course there is not a bad course on the island. Newport National is all about the wind, plays different from day to day.

I love the place. of course there is not a bad course on the island. Newport National is all about the wind, plays different from day to day.

The day I was there was interesting. It was GORGEOUS when we teed off. Then we made the turn and a storm blew in and fog was so thick we had to go wait in the pro shop for an hour and a half. It was cool that they let us just hang out then go back out when it blew over.

I went - tried a bunch of clubs, and ended up doing a Mizuno fitting - as you can see from my sig, ended up leading to a new (to me) set of irons. Was surprised that I ended up fitted for very different shafts than I was looking at playing this year.

Got a bunch of balls on the cheap as well.

I would actually prefer both Atlantic and Crosswinds over Pine Hills when you factor in the price of the rounds.

Where do you fish out of for monks?

Newport, RI. Live in the boston area. Anyone on here playing in any MGA events?

Hey guys, just joined here, live in Marion. Looking forward to some warmer weather. I played Paquoy Brook, and Rochester mostly last year. Looking forward to getting out and playing more consistently this season!

Looking forward to meeting THPers out on the Linx, Cheers

Last edited:
Hey Mass. bruddas, Fall River chiming in here. Willing to meet up anywhere u guys want to. Hopefully we can play soon this winter has been horrible.

Welcome guys! Can't wait to tee it up soon!

Using Tapatalk

Back