New England Members

:). Quoting for you sir

I missed that one! I might be able to do that, but may need to get back home earlier than I'd get from there. Need to check - played that course a ton as a kid. The views there are great.

It'll be my first time there, driven by it a million times.

It'll be my first time there, driven by it a million times.

The 15th is fun - your classic risk reward hole, assuming the wind is not directly in your face.

The 15th is fun - your classic risk reward hole, assuming the wind is not directly in your face.

The best approach is playing back down 14...

Not that I've done that...

I have a tee time for 4 at President's in Quincy at 2pm Friday, the 31st if anyone is interested.

If you've got a spot, count me in as of now.

Played Allendale CC in Dartmouth yesterday, course is in pretty good shape and there's s number of holes that benefit long drivers (not me).

Front 9 was pretty busy but things opened up on the back. We finished in around 3:50 with a cart. We were behind 3 kids and a dad, all walking, on the front 9 which made the waits a bit worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Allendale private? How would you rank it compared to say, Hawthorn or Green Valley?

Is Allendale private? How would you rank it compared to say, Hawthorn or Green Valley?

Semi private as of last year. Never played Green Valley, but it is far better than Hawthorne. Hawthorne is a lot less expensive though and you can walk on any time there. I was taking with a ranger yesterday, he said they've been swamped every weekend for a while at Allendale.

semi-private and its a pretty nice track. generally in vg condition, it plays more like green valley than hawthorne for sure

Semi private as of last year. Never played Green Valley, but it is far better than Hawthorne. Hawthorne is a lot less expensive though and you can walk on any time there. I was taking with a ranger yesterday, he said they've been swamped every weekend for a while at Allendale.

Is it similar to Montaup then? I'm looking to get a group of about 12-15 guys out for a bachelor party mid September and want somewhere other than Montaup but in the general area.

You don't get the scenic views like at Montaup, but condition wise and difficulty wise, I'd put them about the same. Allendale has decent practice facilities as well.

You don't get the scenic views like at Montaup, but condition wise and difficulty wise, I'd put them about the same. Allendale has decent practice facilities as well.

Thanks, that's good to hear!

Has anyone here played Bethel Inn up in Maine? I got an invite for a long weekend, just curious how it plays.

True I was just considering it for next year consider I could get all the benefits of being a cc member for 1400 a year. Did you use the practice facilities how are they? Im a bad golfer i figure a practice facility at my will and being able to play couple rounds a week would beat what i currently have acsess to.

The only practice area I saw was a chipping area next to the parking lot over by the clubhouse and a putting green. There might be more over by the pool across the street where the dining area is but I didn't see it.

FYI, Srixon qstars are 2 boxes of 15 balls each for $40.00 at Dick's.

I played newport national today and it is in nice shape. What a scenic course that has a great layout. they offer a variety of tee boxes from about 5200 yards to like 7400 yards. We played the golds at about 6600 today. The course plays a bit longer due to the ocean winds. The greens are on the smaller side, undulating, pretty consistent in speed, and moderately quick. I shot 83 today and my play felt about as good as I get. I just looked at the rates ( i did not before playing because they had a $55 special ) and off hours are actually pretty competitive for area residents. My only negative is that I cant for the life of me understand why every cart does not have a bottle of filler on board. Once your used to cleaning up after yourself, doing so is second nature. Some of the fairways are pretty scarred up, and that is a shame for such a beautiful course.

Big fan of Newport National, challenging and usually in great shape. The rates come down considerably in the fall too I believe.

Playing Pembroke tomorrow and Atlantic in Plymouth Sunday.

Any of you gents have coaches or teaching pros yourself. This is my first year and my swing leaves alot to be desired. I have breakthroughs and seem to revert right back to struggling. Can anyone recommend a good coach in the Boston area? My best friend is a single hcp and has been crucial to my progress but hes not a teaching pro I need more help.

Any of you gents have coaches or teaching pros yourself. This is my first year and my swing leaves alot to be desired. I have breakthroughs and seem to revert right back to struggling. Can anyone recommend a good coach in the Boston area? My best friend is a single hcp and has been crucial to my progress but hes not a teaching pro I need more help.

Bob Beach at Braintree is pretty legit he really helped my short game and putting.

Jesse Struebing is my coach, he teaches at the MIT Rec Center: http://www.golflessonsboston.com/

Lessons are all indoors so you can see him 12 months out of the year, although I do have a playing lesson with him in August too. He's pretty technologically oriented with his setup at MIT, but also a very down-to-earth guy and only gives me 1 or 2 things to work on at a time. He doesn't try to get you to swing a certain way, he works with what you have and tries to improve that. I can't say enough good things about him.

Just wanted to confirm the 2pm tee time tomorrow @ Presidents

OITW
gr8dryv
Rickterp
Mpeterson??? (9)

Back