New England Members

I feel like a real dink. See, ignorance is bliss.

There are a few things in life that have tainted me. One is that I teach at a fairly wealthy school where I get invited to play some amazing private courses.

Old Sandwich, Boston GC, Charles River, Kittansett, Essex just to name drop a few.

Then I go back to Butterbrook and play 5 hour rounds where no one seems to know how to replace divots, fix ball marks, take a bunker, the water jugs are always empty, ground crews just mow 10 ft away from you while you’re trying to tee off.

I don’t want to sound like a snob but crap I am jealous of how the other 1/2 lives.

It’s actually killed my passion for the game to a degree.

Well, I drive by BGC quite often, so there is that. :)

Looks like I'll be there, assuming the spot is still open.

Glad to have you! Always nice to meet more THPers!
1 spot left!

Lots of fun golfing with jdive and patsfan at Cyprian keys today. Great company and weather front 9 for me was good back 9 not so much. But patsfan did close it off with like a 70 foot putt

Lots of fun golfing with jdive and patsfan at Cyprian keys today. Great company and weather front 9 for me was good back 9 not so much. But patsfan did close it off with like a 70 foot putt

That was a great finish by patsfan, from the back of the green, perfect speed down to the lower tier and in! Fun day, nice meeting you both.

Great day today, wish I played better but my putting is coming in. I hit a few few 5-8 foot putts but on 18 I hit what Arccos said was a 65 foot putt.

It was really nice to meet Jdlive and Relfig and enjoy the beautiful day on the course.

Both of these guys can hit a ball but Jdlive is a stick.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I might get out and golf this weekend or just be pool bound. Its gonna be hot out, take it easy and drink lots of water if you get out.

I might get out and golf this weekend or just be pool bound. Its gonna be hot out, take it easy and drink lots of water if you get out.
That's crazy talk my thermometer is already over 90!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Playing tomorrow at 2pm, wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great time playing the front nine at Shining Rock yesterday. Course is in great shape and greens are soft and not overly quick.

Going to be heading to Braintree on Tuesday (weather permitting) to get in a round with a friend. Probably around 9am if anyone is interested.

Hot out there today for the 18 at trull 91 was not too bad still too many mistakes

Found a call away 300 range finder. It’s nice, I guess. Turned it in after the round. Felt bad because I found it on the third and called in saying I was going to drop it off at turn, but forgot. I also found $5 on the course did not return that oh well.

I was out of town this weekend and had some time to kill. Found Bradford Golf Club in Bradford, VT; a little 9 hole course the next town over from where we were staying. It’s a laid back, come as you are course. They don’t take tee times and had some nice views. Fun play for $20.

3a8235b274166f9f4195a3fc048bcce8.jpg

41665c4588c38f1428185662582beb2c.jpg

d08e3226735182404d7a4c1f469ce0ae.jpg

Found a call away 300 range finder. It’s nice, I guess. Turned it in after the round. Felt bad because I found it on the third and called in saying I was going to drop it off at turn, but forgot. I also found $5 on the course did not return that oh well.

Good on you for turning it in. I found a rangefinder on the course a couple years ago and turned it in at the clubhouse after my round. They said a guy had already called looking for it. A couple weeks later I won a THP contest for a Bushnell. Hope you have some similar good karma!

I was out of town this weekend and had some time to kill. Found Bradford Golf Club in Bradford, VT; a little 9 hole course the next town over from where we were staying. It’s a laid back, come as you are course. They don’t take tee times and had some nice views. Fun play for $20.

3a8235b274166f9f4195a3fc048bcce8.jpg

41665c4588c38f1428185662582beb2c.jpg

d08e3226735182404d7a4c1f469ce0ae.jpg

Sweet! That is near me, I need to get up there I've never played it. It will be a sentimental round as it was my uncles favorite place before he passed, specifically because of the come as you are nature.

Thanks somebody had already called in too when I dropped it off. Hopefully good luck does happen.

Weather was easy today, breeze kept the heat down. Course was empty, fear mongering on TV kept people at home.

Sweet! That is near me, I need to get up there I've never played it. It will be a sentimental round as it was my uncles favorite place before he passed, specifically because of the come as you are nature.

That’s awesome! Everyone I interacted with there from in the clubhouse to on the course was really laid back. It was lot of fun and honestly refreshing. It’s funny because you go down a small road, behind a school right in the downtown area and the course is tucked in the back. You’d almost never know it’s there unless you’re looking for it.

That’s awesome! Everyone I interacted with there from in the clubhouse to on the course was really laid back. It was lot of fun and honestly refreshing. It’s funny because you go down a small road, behind a school right in the downtown area and the course is tucked in the back. You’d almost never know it’s there unless you’re looking for it.

That is great to hear, I am excited to go up there now. I think I might take my daughter, it would be a great spot for her. Thanks for posting :)

Weather was easy today, breeze kept the heat down. Course was empty, fear mongering on TV kept people at home.

This. I got out at 3pm at Putterham yesterday and it was pretty open. Light breeze and low humidity kept it comfortable. I normally walk, but did get a cart this time, though. Was willing to push my luck, but not stretch it. Glad I went, shot my lowest round yet of 92.

I finally.... FINALLLLLLY did it. Ace at Butterbrook, 5th hole... 130 yard back pin, PW. I didn't see it go in, played alone, but the ranger was sitting in his cart on the hill and gave out a good "whohoo".

I finally.... FINALLLLLLY did it. Ace at Butterbrook, 5th hole... 130 yard back pin, PW. I didn't see it go in, played alone, but the ranger was sitting in his cart on the hill and gave out a good "whohoo".
Nice, played there last Thursday. That's a sliver of a green.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome, have not played there for a bit and never had a hole in one. Congrats to you!

Thank goodness for that ranger! Good job!

Back