New England Members

Absolute best 24 hours of my golfing life...
Fired off a 74 today (40/34) at Butterbrook and played some weird putting game with the threesome I was paired up with. Walked away with 36 dollars !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally.... FINALLLLLLY did it. Ace at Butterbrook, 5th hole... 130 yard back pin, PW. I didn't see it go in, played alone, but the ranger was sitting in his cart on the hill and gave out a good "whohoo".

Congrats that is so awesome!!!

Squeezing in some Campbells after work today if anybody wants to join, no golf this weekend got family stuff.

Playing Cranston CC early am then Triggs early afternoon tomorrow with Haso. With any luck Artm will be joining us at Triggs.

Hey fellas, on August 5th I’m going to try and play 200 plus holes in a single day up at Juniper Hills for the Francis Ouimet Foundation

Last year they raised over 500k I think! It’s a good cause. Here’s my link, I’d appreciate any help boys:

https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/2196747

Since I’ve started playing golf I’ve held and maintained three goals... 1.) bag an ace, 2.) shoot par, 3.) break par.

In the last 5 days I’ve bagged an ace and today, I shot par. This week has been quite a breakthrough for me mentally. I’ve had numerous rounds where I was even through 13-15 holes and became hyper aware of the score and crumbled like a piece of dry cake.

I finally, through the help of a friend broke through some mental exercises that are paying dividends.

b70e3767e8010be2b8a1968b4e34eb8c.jpg

Since I’ve started playing golf I’ve held and maintained three goals... 1.) bag an ace, 2.) shoot par, 3.) break par.

In the last 5 days I’ve bagged an ace and today, I shot par. This week has been quite a breakthrough for me mentally. I’ve had numerous rounds where I was even through 13-15 holes and became hyper aware of the score and crumbled like a piece of dry cake.

I finally, through the help of a friend broke through some mental exercises that are paying dividends.

congrats!!!

It's so nice when everything comes together all at once. Congrats and those are some good/high goals to set and reach.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested in 2 rounds of golf at East Mountain in Westfield let me know. You can shoot me an message with address and I will send them out. Have a great day everyone and stay hydrated.

If anyone is interested in 2 rounds of golf at East Mountain in Westfield let me know. You can shoot me an message with address and I will send them out. Have a great day everyone and stay hydrated.

I’ll drop you a PM

It's so nice when everything comes together all at once. Congrats and those are some good/high goals to set and reach.

Yeah man, it’s funny because I broke goals with completely new irons. I got fit for Mizuno Hm Pros but because I got fit with a 6 iron I didn’t anticipate the scoring iron issue. I then found a mixed set used (4 clubs had plastic on them) with my exact specs... 4 HM, 5-6 919 Forged, and 7-PW 919 Tour. As soon as they came in the mail I instantly doubted myself, they’re much thinner than they appear on a screen! I then proceeded to hit 14/18 greens... above and beyond the highest I’ve ever hit. Golf is a funny game.

Don’t worry, next round I’ll shoot 84

Played 18 at Marlborough CC today. Course is in great shape.

I've always enjoyed that track and am constantly confused their membership program and whether or not its affordable or a good deal.

Just got an invite to Old Sandwich for Saturday... holy smokes, I’m having a hard time containing myself.

Just played Gardner Muni... what a fun and interesting experience. Shot 79, which is pretty bad considering it’s an easy, easy course. A few doubles on some bad tee shots did me in, was blocked... then hit a bad shot and that compounded the scores.

24e3883e811f66050fd617f50202d5ec.jpg

4b39ebf46987decd0d088faab969f811.jpg

playing Red Tail this Friday at 12:03 weather should be great. Looking forward to getting out there on a Friday!

Wow. That’s some great golf.

Montaup CC 1PM tee off. Haven’t played here in 20 years.

51c9fc445535045a409cbeaf20334ee1.jpg

Wow. That’s some great golf.

Thanks man, on the 70’s train with 5 rounds in a row bringing the handicap to an all time low: 4.1

I’m hoping to not embarrass myself tomorrow at Old Sandwich. I’m playing with two guys who played in the MassAM this year and another scratch golfer. Ie ... they’re playing deep tees and I’m a consistent but not long player and I’m in trouble.

While I love Red Tail and will be going back again this year, yesterday's round was frustrating for the following reasons.

!. The sand traps were all hard. Like compressed down from rain or water and none of them groomed.

2. Speaking of water, there were running sprinklers all day. I got hit twice by a sprinkler one time while addressing the ball. I heard a sound saw the sprinkler in front of me, but not the one behind me and go nailed by it. Everyone else had a good laugh, it cooled me off a bit.

3. Later in the round I am walking up to my short pitch shot inside the prohibiting carts inside green area and a sprinkler pops up 3 feet from my ball and gets me again. I did not move the ball at that time, but after waiting 5-10 minutes just hit another shot from further back. Of course when we were on the green the sprinklers shut off and I got my ball.

4. The fairways were soaked and very soft from all the watering. Balls were plugging or kicking back on drives.

5. Three of the greens we played were actively being watered while we were playing.

Now I know they got to water but midday on a Friday. There were also no dry/burnt area on course. Also my Advanced green fees I got for $68 each were no good on Friday as they were only Monday-Wednesday. So we had to pay $109 for 18 with cart. The clubhouse would not let us pay the difference. So just annoyed at conditions for $109. But of course will be going back on a Monday-Wednesday now

While I love Red Tail and will be going back again this year, yesterday's round was frustrating for the following reasons.

!. The sand traps were all hard. Like compressed down from rain or water and none of them groomed.

2. Speaking of water, there were running sprinklers all day. I got hit twice by a sprinkler one time while addressing the ball. I heard a sound saw the sprinkler in front of me, but not the one behind me and go nailed by it. Everyone else had a good laugh, it cooled me off a bit.

3. Later in the round I am walking up to my short pitch shot inside the prohibiting carts inside green area and a sprinkler pops up 3 feet from my ball and gets me again. I did not move the ball at that time, but after waiting 5-10 minutes just hit another shot from further back. Of course when we were on the green the sprinklers shut off and I got my ball.

4. The fairways were soaked and very soft from all the watering. Balls were plugging or kicking back on drives.

5. Three of the greens we played were actively being watered while we were playing.

Now I know they got to water but midday on a Friday. There were also no dry/burnt area on course. Also my Advanced green fees I got for $68 each were no good on Friday as they were only Monday-Wednesday. So we had to pay $109 for 18 with cart. The clubhouse would not let us pay the difference. So just annoyed at conditions for $109. But of course will be going back on a Monday-Wednesday now

I would probably be writing a letter to the Mgr not that it would make a difference but I would explain how thats not acceptable for $109.

Looking forward to playing with you again!!

336899ad202b69a8f08687c282eea45d.jpg

Family connection who told me what time we are playing isn’t down on the tee sheet and they won’t let me on the property.

I love being reminded I’m part of the 99%

Doesn’t really surprise me... it’s a nice course but they run it in a pretty odd way. Sometimes I’m there it and it seems like they don’t know what they’re doing, other days they act like it’s a PGA course in terms of how they expect guests to interact with the course, some days they’re casual, others strict. It’s a temperamental course, I’m only 10 mins up the road and a friend works there so I usually get some complimentary rounds.

Back