New England Members

Anyone looking to play today? Weather looks nice this afternoon.

OITW;n8886310 said:

oh no you didn't, lol. not with out me

OITW;n8886402 said:

I'd pay an entrance fee to watch an alt shot tournament there. There would be bound to be a fistfight.

Anyone playing this afternoon within reasonable driving distance of central ma?

Jaymo37;n8888373 said:
Anyone playing this afternoon within reasonable driving distance of central ma?

LOL, "reasonable driving distance"

Played Metcomet in Providence Saturday. Really fun Donald Ross course and we had beautiful weather. My short game was not up to the challenge but I had a blast playing it.

Couple of pics:

#2 is a par 5 that plays around a pond.

W0W38nf.jpg

Attachments

• FSu2jbC.jpg
    FSu2jbC.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 3
  • FJzSlTf.jpg
    FJzSlTf.jpg
    892.2 KB · Views: 3
jdlive;n8889462 said:
Played Metcomet in Providence Saturday. Really fun Donald Ross course and we had beautiful weather. My short game was not up to the challenge but I had a blast playing it.

Couple of pics:

#2 is a par 5 that plays around a pond.

Another nice view:

On #11 you have to hit your approach over the entrance road. My buddies shot was short, rolled down the road, over a speed bump and I knew I saw it....there it is!

I am anticipating playing there real soon. How are the conditions as i have heard good things?

Art M;n8889870 said:
I am anticipating playing there real soon. How are the conditions as i have heard good things?

Conditions were fine. I was a little worried since I had read the course was sold this past spring, but they seem to be keeping it up very nicely. The carts they have a very old and there aren't many cart paths as it's a very old course, but other than that, no worries.

jdlive;n8890088 said:
Conditions were fine. I was a little worried since I had read the course was sold this past spring, but they seem to be keeping it up very nicely. The carts they have a very old and there aren't many cart paths as it's a very old course, but other than that, no worries.

I think i heard something about that purchase involving Brad Faxon....

Still lots of golf yet. hoping to get out this weekend it has been a bit

Got out to Kettle Brook in Paxton this morning. Course was in fantastic shape as always. Had a couple double bogeys derail what could have been a phenomenal round 39/39 -78

Gonna try and get out sunday anybody else up for it?

rlefig;n8906779 said:
Gonna try and get out sunday anybody else up for it?

Extra spot open 9:30am The Shattuck if you're interested.

Metacomet is a fun track, used to be in excellent shape a few years back when I last played there.

1 more wedding to get through at the end of the month and I can play golf again! Played this past week on vacation in Aruba, gave me a whole new appreciation for the lack of real wind on most days around here!

OITW;n8906823 said:
Extra spot open 9:30am The Shattuck if you're interested.

Dude Do you work??? I am so jealous!

PatsFan;n8906839 said:
Dude Do you work??? I am so jealous!

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Genesis 2:2-3

OITW;n8906845 said:
And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Genesis 2:2-3

But, today is the 4th day.... :alien:

Long shot but I'll throw this out there: I've been watching an auction that ends tomorrow for an accompanied threesome (play with a member) at The Country Club. The next bid is 1350, so 450/person. I've seen auctions in the past go for much more. I may place a bid, but would like to know if anyone else is interested so we can all go in together. The threesome can't be split up as far as I know.

https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/27150/auctions/68964/auction_items/1877472

Long shot but I'll throw this out there: I've been watching an auction that ends tomorrow for an accompanied threesome (play with a member) at The Country Club. The next bid is 1350, so 450/person. I've seen auctions in the past go for much more. I may place a bid, but would like to know if anyone else is interested so we can all go in together. The threesome can't be split up as far as I know.

https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/27150/auctions/68964/auction_items/1877472
I played The CC a few years ago via a charity auction...Paid $1350 for 3some with host inc lunch. Showed up and host had his daughter play with us. I brought two high roller friends. The donator was a boston hedge fund guy. His daughter was drop dead gorgeous and about our age. She walked along with me and the best line was...as we were going up 9...She said "Do you know where the 10th hole is" I said yes it's just to the right up ahead...Oh, Thank you I have never played the back nine....Go figure. She shot 71 on the front. We had a great day. This one above sold. There is another for sale that is just two with two members...If you are really interested message me and I'll tell you where...I have bought these type plays about 30 times. I seek them out thru numerous resources.

Love The Shattuck....Enjoy

Back