Metro Denver / Colorado chat thread

So far, so good with the weather. Low 70s and partly sunny for Tuesday.

Last summer when I played it I drove up to the starter from the range and complained about the lack of brakes on my cart. The starter said we would be fine as long as it didn't rain. Started to rain on #3 and never did really stop. That's the round I should've died from lightning. Wet and cold and scary but had a great time anyhow. I am gauranteed this round will be better (I hope).

I know I'm in Texas, but have to chime in. Raven is one of my favorite courses in Colorado. Played it in May one year and it was cart path only bc of the fairways still being soggy from the previous snow. (My introduction to Mud Month). If I remember correctly first 9 all go uphill a bit and second 9 have you coming back down.

You guys will have a blast & I can't wait to get back to Colorado.

You guys have an idea of when you'll reach silverthorne tomorrow? My plan is to be in the area by 1030. If any earlier for you guys, we could do some breakfast or something.

You guys have an idea of when you'll reach silverthorne tomorrow? My plan is to be in the area by 1030. If any earlier for you guys, we could do some breakfast or something.
we are heading up 9 am. should be there about 10:30 as well

I have only played the front nine at the Raven and had a ball. The
First seven holes are uphill and 8 is a short par 3 downhill...club way down. #9 loos like a ski slope with a HUGE elevation drop and a good tee shot makes it a very playable par 4. Hit my longest drive of 318 by GPS on that hole. You guys have fun and looking forward to hearing how ot goes for you.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nate (EaglevsFalcon) teeing off on 514 yd par 4 #9 at Raven Three Peaks

Randy (milehighgolfer) on the same hole:

Doug (J4U) on the same hole:

And me:

Was my backswing that short all day? That kinda surprised me

Thanks for the videos Kang.

#9 showing the entire hole.
IMG_20140617_141845160.jpg

#9 from bottom of hill.
IMG_20140617_143510313_HDR.jpg

#8 short downhill par 3
IMG_20140617_140629299.jpg

#12 216 par 3 across a valley (Doug did hit it)
IMG_20140617_154048378_HDR.jpg

Long round at a good course that was not yet at top conditions. Nice meeting Nate and look forward to more golf.

Your back swing never got long if I remember correctly

Thanks. I had been trying to cut it down but that was a little much I think. Have to video myself more often I guess

Thanks. I had been trying to cut it down but that was a little much I think. Have to video myself more often I guess

Dont change a thing. Nice controlled smooth swing. I'd give my left one for that.

Love that first shot. What a great angle. Thanks, Randy!

...and it really was a long round. I apologize for all the bush whackin I did on the back.

...and it really was a long round. I apologize for all the bush whackin I did on the back.
dude we had fun. No need for apologies
Dont change a thing. Nice controlled smooth swing. I'd give my left one for that.
I agree. great swing.

Randy you had to put a picture of that #8... stupid 7 iron.... the double on that hole killed my 39 on the front and made me go to 41... all down hill from there

dude we had fun. No need for apologies

I agree. great swing.

Randy you had to put a picture of that #8... stupid 7 iron.... the double on that hole killed my 39 on the front and made me go to 41... all down hill from there

Thanks guys. I really appreciate that.

That 7 iron was something. Totally compounded by the huge bounce it took off the cart path. That sucker was gone :eek::beer:

Don't hang on those two big holes though. You played some real solid golf today. You had a bunch of putts dead on line that just stopped.

Have to agree with the other two Nate, was a great time and you were lighting it up! What a fun course and even though long in time, it was a blast. Was a pleasure meeting you and look forward to more golf. Those greens were a tough roll fir sure!

Only pic I took today
gavamagu.jpg

Great backdrops all over this course!

Only pic I took today
gavamagu.jpg

Great backdrops all over this course!

Oh geez, in action triple Haha. We had some fun on that hole, didn't we?

So I got my flight booked for a trip back east and my outgoing flight isn't until almost 6pm. The day is Wednesday, July 9th. If any of you guys want to get a round in before I fly out, let me know.

So I got my flight booked for a trip back east and my outgoing flight isn't until almost 6pm. The day is Wednesday, July 9th. If any of you guys want to get a round in before I fly out, let me know.

Probably working, but if not a round could be had at GVR. Its right by the airport.

wednesdays are work days for me... any day for me other than wed or thu.

Back