Metro Denver / Colorado chat thread

Not sure why this happened while I was in town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why this happened while I was in town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing I didn't try and get up there! Hope you had a productive trip and can find a window to get out. Some mire of the same tomorrow I heard.

Won't be able to book a tee time online for fossil trace until tomorrow. Will update post with that tee time but will more than likely be around 8am. I'll let ya know!

Book it for 4 players and kc720 and myself will join you.

I may try and grab the tee time before or after you all

Did you grab the last Colorado National spot for Wednesday?

No work? Perhaps we can get a few more to show up then

Will call tomorrow about CN. Not sure on work next week, but would like to break a cherry on fossil

Myself and Hox30 will be in Denver Monday 5-26-14 thru Friday 5-30-14 for a golf getaway. Looking forward to this trip and haven't been back to Denver since summer '08.

Always looking to tee it up with fellow THPers.

Here are the tee times we have so far and it's only the 2 of us in each tee time so far. Only course we plan on riding right now is Colorado National.

Monday 5-26-14 8:03 AM Riverdale Dunes
Tuesday 5-27-14 8:00 AM Saddle Rock
Wednesday 5-28-14 7:48 AM Colorado National
Thursday 5-29-14 8:10 AM Fossil Trace
Friday 5-30-14 8:00 AM Legacy Ridge

Heres full schedule for next week

So I was out at Green Valley Ranch golf club today--it was nuts. Destroyed a lot of the greens. They were having to get creative to restore them, but they looked like people had been firing bullets into them. So British Open standard, but in America they were just brutal.

Also destroyed antennas on the roof, broke windows in the club house, etc. The guy I spoke with said they are on it full time and will hopefully have it back to good play by the end of the weekend.

By the way, I'd like to give a personal recommendation for the GVR training academy. For like $500 or so you can get an annual pass there to the training area. I've been doing this, and I'm way more impressed than I thought I would be. It gives you unlimited (Titleist) range balls, access to a great putting and chipping area (academy members only), unlimited training/play on the par3, and they have covered and heated hitting bays for when it's raining, cold, etc. If you're into fittings, they have GOTT Golf out there and I only know Doug with them but he does excellent putter fittings for less than most. Also have high tech hitting pays for lessons and etc, but I haven't bought lessons yet and cannot give any endorsement of the quality. But everything else about that academy, for training, is just excellent.

So I was out at Green Valley Ranch golf club today--it was nuts. Destroyed a lot of the greens. They were having to get creative to restore them, but they looked like people had been firing bullets into them. So British Open standard, but in America they were just brutal.

Also destroyed antennas on the roof, broke windows in the club house, etc. The guy I spoke with said they are on it full time and will hopefully have it back to good play by the end of the weekend.

Was on the phone with my buddy in Denver yesterday when it started hailing like crazy, I couldn't believe the sound over the phone. He said the weather has been so crazy from sunny and beautiful to tornados. Hopefully the course will snap back quickly

Myself and Hox30 will be in Denver Monday 5-26-14 thru Friday 5-30-14 for a golf getaway. Looking forward to this trip and haven't been back to Denver since summer '08.

Always looking to tee it up with fellow THPers.

Here are the tee times we have so far and it's only the 2 of us in each tee time so far. Only courses we plan on riding right now is Colorado National & Fossil Trace

Monday 5-26-14 8:03 AM Riverdale Dunes
Tuesday 5-27-14 8:00 AM Saddle Rock
Wednesday 5-28-14 7:48 AM Colorado National w/ milehighgolfer (riding)
Thursday 5-29-14 8:10 AM Fossil Trace w/ milehighgolfer & kc720 (riding)
Friday 5-30-14 8:00 AM Legacy Ridge

another updated list. I know it's during the week after the long weekend but these are all an open invite to anyone who wants to join up

Sweet baby Jesus you guys have some rough out here..... And the "native grasses", wtf! Played river dale dunes yesterday and saddle rock today. Tough tracks for sure. Quick question for you guys that have played saddle rock; how the hell are 3/4 of the holes uphill!? Definitely a tough walk!

Sweet baby Jesus you guys have some rough out here..... And the "native grasses", wtf! Played river dale dunes yesterday and saddle rock today. Tough tracks for sure. Quick question for you guys that have played saddle rock; how the hell are 3/4 of the holes uphill!? Definitely a tough walk!
Haha there are some tracks that i would not walk and saddlerock is one of them. Nothing but uphill climb lol

Thanks for the heads up!!! Saddle rock had a usga women's publinx tourney there today and they said the rough length was mandated by the usga. Solid 2-2.5" rough and very thick.

We are having a tough time scoring well out here so far, not being familiar with the layouts and you really have to pick your shots. Back home we can grip and rip and the consequences aren't usually that bad, out here if you are 20' offline, you can end up buried in 3" of rough or in the 1' talk native grass areas where it takes 5 minutes to find the ball and more than likely only see the top 1/3.

The fairways at river dale dunes will make me dream of Colorado golf for a very long time. You guys are spoiled out here for sure

Lol at Saddlerock. You'll be glad we are riding at Colorado National

Lol welcome to Colorado golf. There are certainly some grip n rip courses here but the ones worth playing can be punishing. It's like the designers say, "ok, you can have your 20 extra yards per shot, but don't you dare miss. I will destroy your scorecard if you do."

Hox and I will be at Colorado national around 6:30-6:45 tomorrow morning to hit a few balls before the round

The wet spring has made the rough thick. Welcome to Colorado links style of golf. Miss the fairway and you are in the thick rough. Miss the rough and you are in unplayable native grass. Bet the elevation had you sucking air. Nice ride tomorrow at CO Nat.

Some work stuff came up that i need to get finished before this weekend... i will unfortunately miss thursdays round. I hate it. Hopefully Doug can join you guys

Some work stuff came up that i need to get finished before this weekend... i will unfortunately miss thursdays round. I hate it. Hopefully Doug can join you guys

I will take your spot!

Played with Perkis and Hox30 today...they've got some game! Was a blast and enjoyed it fellas. See you again tomorrow! Randy and the boys decided they are going to get in another 18 today as well.

I will take your spot!

Played with Perkis and Hox30 today...they've got some game! Was a blast and enjoyed it fellas. See you again tomorrow! Randy and the boys decided they are going to get in another 18 today as well.

Cant blame them with beautiful weather now :(

Perkis and Hox30 at Colorado National.
IMG_20140528_121659887.jpg

Back