Metro Denver / Colorado chat thread

Not my first choice to play at over $100. Spend a little more and play Bear Dance. What part of town are you staying at? It would be easy to scare up some local THPers to join you in May.

We are staying downtown right near Mile High... what are the usual weekday prices for Arrowhead vs. Bear Dance?

We are staying downtown right near Mile High... what are the usual weekday prices for Arrowhead vs. Bear Dance?

Both are over $100 with bear dance being higher. Both take a little longer to get in top shape because of where they are and depending on how late it snows in the spring. Give us a heads up a few weeks out for better info. Are your buddies playing with you or are you looking to squeeze in a round while you're here?

Both are over $100 with bear dance being higher. Both take a little longer to get in top shape because of where they are and depending on how late it snows in the spring. Give us a heads up a few weeks out for better info. Are your buddies playing with you or are you looking to squeeze in a round while you're here?

Me and 1 other trying to get in a round around the 11-1130 a.m. range (Thurs) before the rest of the group gets into town.

Me and 1 other trying to get in a round around the 11-1130 a.m. range (Thurs) before the rest of the group gets into town.

Check back here a few weeks out and we can give you more accurate info and possible get some guys to join you.

Agree as it gets closer would be better to see what's best option.

Also agree that Bear Dance is worth the extra dollars. Ridge at Castle pine is also a good pick. I'd play any of them with you guys if I'm in town.

Well I gotta play more golf this year and I would definitely like to join if I can

Anyone interested on talking to me about some non-golf Denver topics? i.e. schools in Douglas County ala Roxborough, Highlands Ranch, Littleton areas? Anywhere better I should look? Trying to remain within a 20-30 minute drive of Roxborough to be near our best friends.

85% chance this is happening in the summer but the school scores and anecdotal student reports I've seen haven't blown me away and I live in Georgia...

Anyone interested on talking to me about some non-golf Denver topics? i.e. schools in Douglas County ala Roxborough, Highlands Ranch, Littleton areas? Anywhere better I should look? Trying to remain within a 20-30 minute drive of Roxborough to be near our best friends.

85% chance this is happening in the summer but the school scores and anecdotal student reports I've seen haven't blown me away and I live in Georgia...
Absolutely. I live in Parker, have 2 kids in school, and wife works in Castle Rock (elementary school).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Absolutely. I live in Parker, have 2 kids in school, and wife works in Castle Rock (elementary school).

We've been looking at Sterling Ranch off Titan Road / Chatfield State Park...new planned community. Zoned for ThunderRidge High School...I have kids that will be in 10th and 7th next fall.

Where are you neighbor? 3 of us now in Parker.
We've been looking at Sterling Ranch off Titan Road / Chatfield State Park...new planned community. Zoned for ThunderRidge High School...I have kids that will be in 10th and 7th next fall.
Hey shorty PM me if you want. The area you are looking at is high on price and schools are high on themselves.

Laughed out loud at Doug throwing the shorty word around.

Lol I didn’t catch that...I’m not sure if I’m supposed to be a “shawty” or short here...lol

Where are you neighbor? 3 of us now in Parker.Hey shorty PM me if you want. The area you are looking at is high on price and schools are high on themselves.
Stroh Ranch. Yourself?

Mine are 6th and 9th, so 10th and 7th next fall as well. Just make sure and review the school zone when looking, Ponderosa's rating is what narrowed down the the houses for us.

Mine are 6th and 9th, so 10th and 7th next fall as well. Just make sure and review the school zone when looking, Ponderosa's rating is what narrowed down the the houses for us.

Gotcha. I’ll take a look for sure. I’m going to make a couple of stops in Denver on my way home from San Fran over the next 2-3 months to explore more. Looking at June/July move.

Stroh Ranch. Yourself?

Dove Ridge
Gotcha. I’ll take a look for sure. I’m going to make a couple of stops in Denver on my way home from San Fran over the next 2-3 months to explore more. Looking at June/July move.
Make sure you let us know...still golf to be had before then. Could play today if snow had melted.

Dove RidgeMake sure you let us know...still golf to be had before then. Could play today if snow had melted.

Absolutely.

Played in normal summer attire and one layer on Thursday with a light jacket towards then end of the round. Used snowblower the next day. Shoveled another 3" off by hand this morning as it was too early to crank up the blower. Will probably be golfing in a week or 2.

Love it

682c2215b7e61981bf9f91ebba704833.jpg

Played in normal summer attire and one layer on Thursday with a light jacket towards then end of the round. Used snowblower the next day. Shoveled another 3" off by hand this morning as it was too early to crank up the blower. Will probably be golfing in a week or 2.

Love it

Have to love Colorado. 60 on Thursday, snow Friday and Saturday. Waiting for it to stop before I go out and shovel.

Love it

I played today..... it was a little soggy, but I toughened it out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'd better buy a snow shovel or blower...

Just make sure your houses faces south

Yeah...I believe that was the same when I lived in Kansas

Anyone know of any ranges on south side (Littleton/Centennial/etc) that have been melted or cleared off? Just got the all-clear to start iron 3/4 swings from the PT after ACL reconstruction surgery in November, and I'm itching to get out and hit a few.

Just make sure your houses faces south

This is A MUST! Wouldn't even look at a house that wasn't...well look hard anyway. Driveways and yards across the street have snow for many days after it's gone off our side. Will send a pic if our front yard and then back yard after today as an example.
Anyone know of any ranges on south side (Littleton/Centennial/etc) that have been melted or cleared off? Just got the all-clear to start iron 3/4 swings from the PT after ACL reconstruction surgery in November, and I'm itching to get out and hit a few.
Family Sports Center has covered/ heated bays. I get a range package every year when they have the big promo.

Can go up top if you want as it's wide open for full effect of weather but I never do.

Back