Metro Denver / Colorado chat thread

I guess I'd better buy a snow shovel or blower...
Never had a snow blower until last year due to the 3car driveway. Only used it a couple times. Have an elderly couple across the street and to our right so I always do theirs as well. Helps when it comes like the last one.

Last Friday/Saturday storm dropped 8" and this is 5 days later.

Front Side (South)
4afc6674f218d752406c0d29654e435f.jpg

Back Side (North)
508007ca51baf60c8b1c24e2d6ec30e1.jpg

Coming out mid Feb to look around at Lone Tree and Highlands Ranch...not sure how much time I’ll have but I’ll throw the dates on here when I know.

Spent Thursday - Saturday touring middle and high schools and viewing houses. Interesting stuff.

Spent Thursday - Saturday touring middle and high schools and viewing houses. Interesting stuff.

Interesting good or interesting “get me the hell out of here”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting good or interesting “get me the hell out of here”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good interesting. Still figuring out where we want to be and I spent a lot of time in one area this past week. Visited Highlands Ranch High and Cresthill Middle...Rock Canyon High and Rocky Heights middle. I liked the Highlands Ranch pair...I’ll reserve comment on the others lest I offend any new neighbors.

Looked at houses in Highlands, Lone Tree and Castle Pines.

I think I may expand my search to Arvada / Golden and Aurora...at least the parts of Aurora zoned for Grandview and Cherokee Trail, maybe Littleton proper around Heritage High...

I have a limited window so I need to figure it out.

Those locations are upper tier housing areas for sure. The school ranking is pretty good with what you mentioned.

Aurora and Littleton can be sketchy based on area within.

Your list is pretty good. Travel to the airport from that side can be trying, construction going on makes it unbearable at times. Early departure is key.

Big changes to I70 beginning and is going to be a nightmare. I225 loop will let you bypass that if coming from the south side.

There is always E470 but will be $10 each way in tolls with tag. (15 with license plate toll). The new express lanes nearing completion on C470 between I25 and Littleton could be helpful but will add a few more dollars to a 470 airport trip.

I was wondering why we got hit with a surprise snowfall and high winds...ha.

Good interesting. Still figuring out where we want to be and I spent a lot of time in one area this past week. Visited Highlands Ranch High and Cresthill Middle...Rock Canyon High and Rocky Heights middle. I liked the Highlands Ranch pair...I’ll reserve comment on the others lest I offend any new neighbors.

Looked at houses in Highlands, Lone Tree and Castle Pines.

I think I may expand my search to Arvada / Golden and Aurora...at least the parts of Aurora zoned for Grandview and Cherokee Trail, maybe Littleton proper around Heritage High...

I have a limited window so I need to figure it out.

For Jeffco schools look for Ralston Valley or Stanley Lake HS in Arvada. Or Broomfield/Westminster that feeds Legacy High is also a good choice if you want to go NW burbs. Need to build the Northern ranks of THP members! I live in Todd Creek area that is Brighton 27J schools. New HS opened this year (Riverdale) that my hood feeds. 4 day school week for them if that is a plus or minus.

For Jeffco schools look for Ralston Valley or Stanley Lake HS in Arvada. Or Broomfield/Westminster that feeds Legacy High is also a good choice if you want to go NW burbs. Need to build the Northern ranks of THP members! I live in Todd Creek area that is Brighton 27J schools. New HS opened this year (Riverdale) that my hood feeds. 4 day school week for them if that is a plus or minus.

While I like the facilities that come along with new schools, we just went through the first 10 years of a school cluster and it definitely has some cons to go along with it...I'll look up all of those you mentioned. Ralston Valley has popped up a few times already. I was out in December, this past week and as of now, will be out the first week of April. I found a couple of houses I liked this visit but wasn't ready to pull the trigger. The market seems to have gone way up since I looked 5-6 years ago.

While I like the facilities that come along with new schools, we just went through the first 10 years of a school cluster and it definitely has some cons to go along with it...I'll look up all of those you mentioned. Ralston Valley has popped up a few times already. I was out in December, this past week and as of now, will be out the first week of April. I found a couple of houses I liked this visit but wasn't ready to pull the trigger. The market seems to have gone way up since I looked 5-6 years ago.

Market is one of the highest in the country. Unfortunately not the best time to be buying but good houses can be had if your budget is $400-500k.
You can't do wrong with Cherry Creek, Douglas County, or Littleton schools. My kid is out of school so I choose for location to work and value.

Market is one of the highest in the country. Unfortunately not the best time to be buying but good houses can be had if your budget is $400-500k.
You can't do wrong with Cherry Creek, Douglas County, or Littleton schools. My kid is out of school so I choose for location to work and value.

Understood. Schools and access to a highway or light rail to get to the airport...primary requirements...and room for all of my guitars / studio gear :D

Understood. Schools and access to a highway or light rail to get to the airport...primary requirements...and room for all of my guitars / studio gear :D

I work at the airport and have only a 20-30 drive from Todd Creek. Others I work with live in Parker and south Aurora and it is double for them. If you go far SE and still stay in Cherry Creek SD like Eaglecrest or Grandview there are back roads that guys take to avoid the toll road. Maybe Doug knows them as I am lost down there.

Randy is hitting on all cylinders for schools. I've only been involved with Douglas County Schools down south here. You have pretty much looked at some of the top rated.

North of Denver used to be that there was nothing around when I lived up in Todd Creek. That's not a problem anymore as EVERYTHING is now within a short distance. Airport travel to and from is a lot easier up there too. Travel into downtown is a mess from either the north or south so that doesn't matter.

Airport access down south where I live...forget about an easy commute there.

Between hoards of people commuting to the DTC and downtown, it's a mess during rush hour. Unless you use the toll road...it's a crap shoot of how long it will take you. Throw an accident on the highway in and you can get raging pretty quickly.

Early departure from Highlands Ranch area without toll road can be anywhere from 35 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes with accident/weather. 15 minutes either way from 6:15AM can really make it different as well. One if the reasons we usually take first flight out. Already at airport before any traffic.

There really aren't many alternatives to get to the airport any differently that can save time from the South or West of the city.

Highlands Ranch and South side area once you get to highway.

Distance from highway to home will add additional time.

Two routes basically:
C470-I25-I225-I70(get on passed construction)-Pena Blvd - 35-90 minutes

C470-E470 ($10 toll each way)-Pena Blvd 35-45 minutes regardless except in bad weather. Will add based on road conditions but they focus on keeping E470 clear.

Lite rail has optional access once you get to Lincoln and I25 from the south west. Proposed extension towards highland ranch in the works. More access towards towards the City but no express straight to airport until you get towards the airport. Not the best options right now from the South.

I think you've looked at some of the better options down south. Biased on Parker area but it's getting too big for it's own good. It and Castle Rock will be next door neighbors soon.

Up North by Randy there are some great areas as well that don't make you feel confind space wise. Plus the housing pricing has more options. It's growing really fast too but more options exist up that way.

We got lucky with our move in June of '17 and it was in the same town...ha. The search took a while too.

Google Earth can give you some ideas at a glance. You've got a very good start as I know it's tough to find something that checks as many boxes as possible.

Eagle Crest and Grandview do have a couple more options to airport but nothing time saving. Still have to get to I225 or E470 for fastest route.

Backroads are being discovered to stay off E470 and get pretty congested quickly depending on rush hour's or not.

Now being ranked 5th worst in commute/lost time...our rush isn't really an hour. Main routes from 7AM-10AM / 3PM-7PM can make you forget there are reasons to stay here.

Thanks for the airport traffic info. Bear in mind I live in Atlanta now and my perception of traffic is horribly skewed. I agree E470 and associated construction sucks.

Not sure where we will land but I look forward to golfing with you all...except Randy and Kang... Hah! Seriously, it will be fun.

Thanks for the airport traffic info. Bear in mind I live in Atlanta now and my perception of traffic is horribly skewed. I agree E470 and associated construction sucks.

Not sure where we will land but I look forward to golfing with you all...except Randy and Kang... Hah! Seriously, it will be fun.
Ha! Good luck with that

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Did you ever find out who he is? I've heard he is twice the size of the other guy we knew.
Same number same hood
^^^^WHO"S THIS GUY?^^^^ :confused2:
Some one you'll see much more this year here and on the course. Hopefully

Same number same hoodSome one you'll see much more this year here and on the course. Hopefully

Not if they see you first

Just catching up on SouthernShred's search...

I moved from the Dallas area to Highlands Ranch last September. I go to the airport at least twice a month. I agree with what J4U said about the trip but I've only had it take more than 45 minutes one time and it was because of a wreck. I usually do the route up 25/225/70/Pena unless it's rush hour.

We picked HR primarily because of closeness to my office and that's it's kinda a bedroom community (aka it feels small). The inclusion off 4 health clubs and the Backcountry (hiking/biking trails, archery range, etc.) in you HOA dues is a big plus too.

We looked at Sterling Ranch but until they get the roads settled I'm not interested. I've dealt with a new community in Dallas and it sucks having limited ways in and out.

Sounds like we need some get-together on the south side of Denver if/when this snow ever melts off of the fairways and greens!! ...or maybe get a couple spots at TopGolf?

Welcome to the area. I'm in Littleton right near Mineral and Broadway. Lot's of great courses down south here. Now if this snow would just melt...

Looks like we could fill a couple tee times this year if scheduling aligns.

Eagle Crest and Grandview do have a couple more options to airport but nothing time saving. Still have to get to I225 or E470 for fastest route.

Backroads are being discovered to stay off E470 and get pretty congested quickly depending on rush hour's or not.

Now being ranked 5th worst in commute/lost time...our rush isn't really an hour. Main routes from 7AM-10AM / 3PM-7PM can make you forget there are reasons to stay here.
Can always tell when there is a wreck on 25 in the morning, and have found several back roads to help in the evening. Still find 470 the easiest in the evening, but that will change in the summer.

Ready for the snow to melt and actually get my first serious year of golf in. Will definitely have to get some rounds planned if y'all don't mind slower rounds here and there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BTW, I'm off every other Friday... so I'm open to rounds on those days as well!

I haven't played since last summer due to the move... just a couple trips to TopGolf. I'm extremely anxious to get out!! ...especially since I'm in Orlando right now...driving by all of these plush courses!

BTW, I'm off every other Friday... so I'm open to rounds on those days as well!

I haven't played since last summer due to the move... just a couple trips to TopGolf. I'm extremely anxious to get out!! ...especially since I'm in Orlando right now...driving by all of these plush courses!
Can always tell when there is a wreck on 25 in the morning, and have found several back roads to help in the evening. Still find 470 the easiest in the evening, but that will change in the summer.

Ready for the snow to melt and actually get my first serious year of golf in. Will definitely have to get some rounds planned if y'all don't mind slower rounds here and there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Looks like we could fill a couple tee times this year if scheduling aligns.
Welcome to the area. I'm in Littleton right near Mineral and Broadway. Lot's of great courses down south here. Now if this snow would just melt...
^^^^WHO"S THIS GUY?^^^^ :confused2:

Looks like the makings of a solid outing!

Back