Calling all Carolinians

Ron around what time do you think you can make it? I am in no rush to get back on NY day so I should be fine and john is spending another night there with his wife so ... 11 or noon?
If I can make it yes. I need to check exactly what our plans are for new Years eve before committing fully though.

If I can make it yes. I need to check exactly what our plans are for new Years eve before committing fully though.
Head on down ... there is going to be a group of about 15 of us from Florence/Columbia/Charleston there ... come hang with us. Festivities start at 5.

Head on down ... there is going to be a group of about 15 of us from Florence/Columbia/Charleston there ... come hang with us. Festivities start at 5.

I will bounce that one off the wife tonight that would work out really well.

I will probably be at the huge party downtown, but we are hosting a friend from Chicago that week, otherwise it would be on!

I'll talk to my wife about the potential for me to play in Charleston on New Year's Day.

Calling all Carolinians

Golf on NY's Day should be as traditional as cornbread, collard greens and black eyed peas.

Golf on NY's Day should be as traditional as cornbread, collard greens and black eyed peas.
I have had two of the three . Love cornbread and collard greens so this must be a great thing. Have yet to enjoy black eyed peas

Glad to see a Sooner enjoying our Southern cuisine!!

Black eyed peas go pretty well with collard greens. Just saying.

Well I mentioned playing in Charleston on New Year's Day to my wife last night and, the first thing she mentioned is the price... the second thing she said is "you don't even know these guys. Why would you want to play golf with them?" My answer was golf is something where you don't have to know the people to be able to play with them." She kind of agreed I think. Unless the green fees are low, it looks like I probably won't be able to join y'all. I'm thinking fees under $40...

Scorpion, I'm sure we'll do what we can to keep costs down. It's not like golf on New Years Day is going to be any more expensive than usual. I suppose I could be wrong on that, but I'm sure we'll find something at a good track for a good price.

Cool. Looking forward to it... as long as my wife doesn't change her mind.

I spoke with Marc (Trout Bum). We need to get closer to the date in order to nail down a place, time, and price. We'll know more details soon.

It will most likely be around $45 to $55 bucks, rates haven't come down much this year for some reason but I'll keep it as low as possible so everyone can play.

Any info? Or is it still too soon? Or fallen through?

I have forwarded all the local courses worth a darn to Deuce, I have to go up to VA for the holiday. He'll post in here and let you know where you guys are going to play, pickings are slim up here .

Yeah, not fallen through. I'm bringing the kiddo tonight to his grandparents in Myrtle Beach and when I get home, I'll sort through the courses and try to land something nice but on the cheaper side. It's looking like $45 may be as low as we can go though, but I'll do my best! We're looking at a 10am-ish tee time, that I know for a fact already.

So here's the deal folks. I'm staying downtown Charleston tonight. The cheapest rates are in Summerville, Monck's Corner, and Goose Creek, but that will involve about an hour round trip drive for me, so they're sort of out of the question. Shadowmoss is either closed or holding a tournament that day, so they're off the table too. That leaves us with a couple of options (prices are based on their website so may not be entirely accurate):

1. Charleston National - $65
2. Patriots Point - ~$60 (they don't have winter rates up yet)
3. Rivertowne - $105

I'm thinking Patriot's Point but Charleston National would also be something I'm game for. So can anyone else do either of these courses? Otherwise I'm just going to pick my own preference around 1-ish.

I think I might be able to swing Charleston National or Patriot's Point. Rivertowne sounds like a nice course to play but it's out of my range at the moment. I've got the question into my wife right now whether I can afford to play and I'll post in here with the results.

I might be in too...I have to check with my wife but the time might be good...I love the fact that I just moved to Charleston from Ohio and it is warm

Well, I'm disappointed. My wife reminded me that I am supposed to smoke the pork roast tomorrow. I completely forgot that so I won't be attending the Charleston gathering. Hope y'all have fun and maybe next time.

I might be in too...I have to check with my wife but the time might be good...I love the fact that I just moved to Charleston from Ohio and it is warm
Cool. Just let me know as soon as you can. I'm going to try to make a reservation for 10-ish before the course closes today.

Well, I'm disappointed. My wife reminded me that I am supposed to smoke the pork roast tomorrow. I completely forgot that so I won't be attending the Charleston gathering. Hope y'all have fun and maybe next time.
Bummer man, but we play a fair amount in the area. There will be at least a few meet-ups in Myrtle Beach this year too I imagine. Plenty of time to tee it up with THPers in 2015!

Ok, change to the change. I'm in! Which course and what time?

I made a reservation for four at Patriot's Point for tomorrow at 10:20am. Cost is $54 per.

Look for the guy with the University of Oklahoma golf bag. I'll be the one hanging his head in shame every time someone yells "Go Tigers!"

Cool. I'll be there tomorrow. I'll be the guy wearing the Titlelist hat.

Back