Calling all Carolinians

JohnBoyNC

Reaction score
Handicap
TBD
I'm fairly new to THP and wanted to socialize a bit with my fellow Carolinians. So, I'll gauge some interest in a NC/SC rendezvous at what I think is a gem of a course that is fairly centrally located for us in NC just outside Asheboro........Tot Hill Farm. This Michael Strantz design course is an absolute gem and one of his lesser known and played courses in NC/SC.

With the holidays coming up it might be best to try and do this next week. Post up if you are interested and if a weekend or weekday works for you and we'll plan accordingly to try and accommodate all.

I'm fairly new to THP and wanted to socialize a bit with my fellow Carolinians. So, I'll gauge some interest in a NC/SC rendezvous at what I think is a gem of a course that is fairly centrally located for us in NC just outside Asheboro........Tot Hill Farm. This Michael Strantz design course is an absolute gem and one of his lesser known and played courses in NC/SC.

With the holidays coming up it might be best to try and do this next week. Post up if you are interested and if a weekend or weekday works for you and we'll plan accordingly to try and accommodate all.

Weekend of the 13-14 I would most likely be in would just have to double check with the wife

I may be able to play on the Saturday or Sunday. Will run it by the wife.

I played there one day during the US Open week and was not very happy with my experience. I am not going to blast the course on here but if you want to know what all happened I will message you. I was very disappointed but it wasn't the courses fault.

This course was rated as the #7 Hardest course in the US in 2007

I hate to hear that you had a bad time there I live close to the course have only played a handful of times but always enjoyed it, the people there were always nice too played a captain choice there and a close friend to the group organizing it had a terrible accident and were gonna donate the prize money to the doctor bills so tot hill donated 2 rounds per person in the winning group and 1 per person to 2nd and 3rd. Tough course though and was in good shape all times I visited.

I am originally from there. I grew up on Tot Hill Farm Rd and graduated from Southwest.

If it wasn't the courses fault ...

Got to say, playing a known tough course is a bit intimidating for this high handicapper ... but what the hey. You only live once.

Got to say, playing a known tough course is a bit intimidating for this high handicapper ... but what the hey. You only live once.
No worries duece. Its not nearly is tough as some of his other courses, i.e. Tobacco Rd or New Kent. I personally think the amazing layout of his courses are more memorable than their difficulty. Remember, there's always the 'tee it up' way. In fact they encourage this for anyone's first round there.

Ajc6410.....you in?

As a few of you already know I am an Asst. Pro and card holding Superintendent so I know what should be expected out of the staff at a facility like that. The Head Pro was very unprofessional and the guy that was mowing fairways was about as rude as they come. The rest of their staff was great!

It is a hard but fair course hit your shots and you will be fine .

As a few of you already know I am an Asst. Pro and card holding Superintendent so I know what should be expected out of the staff at a facility like that. The Head Pro was very unprofessional and the guy that was mowing fairways was about as rude as they come. The rest of their staff was great!
Let try and keep a positive outlook on these potential Carolina gatherings we need to get people together . I am sorry you had a negative experience but that is not what this thread is about.

... hit your shots ...
Yeah, that's what I am afraid of. :loser:

No worries, for better or worse, I'm game to play. Wife said we're in the clear next Saturday and Sunday, so I should be able to make it barring some currently unforeseen demand on my time.

One of my golfing buddies is having a Christmas party the night of the 13th, so if we play that Saturday the time will dictate whether or not I can attend. Asheboro is around a 4.5 hour round trip for me, but I'll do my best to attend.

I'd like to have at least a foursome before I make a tee time. I'm really surprised at the lack of interest in this. Not many NCers on here?

I'm sure we can wrangle at least one more SC/NC peep to play this course, right?

Man I've been wanting to play there really bad, it's just bad timing for me fellas, take lots of pics!!

Last edited:
One of my golfing buddies is having a Christmas party the night of the 13th, so if we play that Saturday the time will dictate whether or not I can attend. Asheboro is around a 4.5 hour round trip for me, but I'll do my best to attend.
I've got to be back in Florence around 5-ish, so any round that ends around 3-ish would work best for me. Don't let my restrictions dictate the scheduling though, I'll do my best to attend.
Man I've been wanting to lay there really bad, it's just bad timing for me fellas, take lots of pics!!
Marc, if you really want to play I just won't go. :silly: I did plan on showering for this round though, if that makes a difference. Hopefully we can get this NC/SC crew off the ground and have plenty of events over the course of 2015!

Would really like to join you guys but I have plans to be out of state that weekend. Hope the weather is nice and the putts drop!

I've got to be back in Florence around 5-ish, so any round that ends around 3-ish would work best for me. Don't let my restrictions dictate the scheduling though, I'll do my best to attend.
Marc, if you really want to play I just won't go. :silly: I did plan on showering for this round though, if that makes a difference. Hopefully we can get this NC/SC crew off the ground and have plenty of events over the course of 2015!

Lol just noticed you dog!! We will definitely be playing a lot in 15 dude, I have to get back in the game.

I would also prefer if we were done by the latest 3 ish

Back