TYork;n6389785 said:
UTAH! Im in Provo nowadays- Im a member at Riverside so I can get anyone on there if you want. I would like to meet up with the locals :)

I should be able to get away to play on Saturdays. Lets do it!

TY

That's enough to make me want to move to Provo.

Played Palisades outside of Manti this past week. If you are somewhat near the area and have never played it I would recommend it. Its a very quiet course that is maintained very well. Also a plus is it is cheap to play! A couple of the holes have absolutely amazing views!

Playing Round Valley in Morgan next Thursday/Friday and Saturday (the 10th, 11th and 12th) if anybody wants to join me. Very nice golf course

Pretty excited we are bringing an event to Utah in 2020

Woah, this is awesome news.

It was announced a couple of days ago. See the Morgan Cup will return in 2020 thread or the one we started on Utah Golf.

Pretty exciting stuff. :)

It was announced a couple of days ago. See the Morgan Cup will return in 2020 thread or the one we started on Utah Golf.

Pretty exciting stuff. :)

I’m quite excited about this news.

Would be interested in knowing what everyone typically does during the off season? Living up in Davis County means about November is end of the season till I would say late April. Is the only option traveling down to St. George to play golf? Any simulators out there that let you just come in and play a round (i.e. five irons golf in NYC)? Of course there is Topgolf but it has zero appeal to me during the winter.

I'm going to try to revive this thread, as many of those who are die-hard golfers (and even many who aren't) will be taking advantage of the weather this weekend. Since the forecast is calling for low-to-mid 60°s for the weekend.

I've already played two full rounds of golf (at Lakeside and Davis Park) this season. How many other Utah-based THPers have played here, as well?

I'm going to try to revive this thread, as many of those who are die-hard golfers (and even many who aren't) will be taking advantage of the weather this weekend. Since the forecast is calling for low-to-mid 60°s for the weekend.

I've already played two full rounds of golf (at Lakeside and Davis Park) this season. How many other Utah-based THPers have played here, as well?
I was going to get out this weekend but from what I'm seeing is there is rain in the forecast Saturday - Tuesday. That is according to my phone so it could be wrong and I would love for it to be wrong. Davis is my home course and it is an absolute delight. They need to do something about their water areas as they are not very well groomed usually but it is a great course. Lakeside is a fun course to play a quick nine as well. Based off your location I would assume you have played Valley View? I would say it is probably one of the top courses is Northern Utah.

I was going to get out this weekend but from what I'm seeing is there is rain in the forecast Saturday - Tuesday. That is according to my phone so it could be wrong and I would love for it to be wrong. Davis is my home course and it is an absolute delight. They need to do something about their water areas as they are not very well groomed usually but it is a great course. Lakeside is a fun course to play a quick nine as well. Based off your location I would assume you have played Valley View? I would say it is probably one of the top courses is Northern Utah.
I just recently changed my Home Course to Bountiful Ridge. Currently living in Bountiful. I played Davis Park on Saturday, and though I didn't play well (97), the course was in pretty good condition.

I'm actually playing Valley View this Saturday, as I had understood that the rain/snow mix will be overnight Saturday, and even through Monday Morning.

I just recently changed my Home Course to Bountiful Ridge. Currently living in Bountiful. I played Davis Park on Saturday, and though I didn't play well (97), the course was in pretty good condition.

I'm actually playing Valley View this Saturday, as I had understood that the rain/snow mix will be overnight Saturday, and even through Monday Morning.
Get ready for Valley View, It is an absolute gem! Davis is my home course but I prefer Valley View. That being said, if you are walking have a good pair of shoes because there are a ton of hills!

You should get to know @Tenputt I believe he is in Bountiful as well. I'm just up in Farmington.

Get ready for Valley View, It is an absolute gem! Davis is my home course but I prefer Valley View. That being said, if you are walking have a good pair of shoes because there are a ton of hills!

You should get to know @Tenputt I believe he is in Bountiful as well. I'm just up in Farmington.

I love Valley View. Every time I visit my parents in Tremonton its a must play.

I actually played Valley View 2 or 3 times last season. I really enjoy it, but lately it's been eating my lunch. I definitely think it's one of the more beautiful public courses in Northern Utah.

I love Valley View. Every time I visit my parents in Tremonton its a must play.

Definitely a different scenery from the Phoenix area.

I played on December 24. Then I did not play until a couple weeks ago, when I got in a couple of rounds. I played last weekend as well, so I have played four rounds in 2020 and it does look like things are turning. I have a tee time for Friday afternoon. The weekend is calling for rain.

I just returned from hitting balls at Valley View. It is very soggy there, although there are golfer teeing off.

I'll be practicing in the morning and then play 9 at Mick Riley on Friday. I'm very excited for the upcoming season

I think we should get some THPers playing together this year. I play far too much golf by myself. I have two home courses, Bountiful Ridge and Davis Park. I live right in the middle of both of them, as I live in Centerville. I play some men’s events at both courses. I also love Valley View. Another course I truly enjoy is Glen Eagle, which is out in Syracuse. It is sort of a links-style course and a much easier walk than some of the courses on the bench. Davis Park is actually a pretty easy walk as well. Valley View and Bountiful Ridge are a bit difficult to walk 18.

Bountiful Ridge is my "Home Course", though I claimed Lakeside last year.

I'd be down for a THP group outing, for sure.

Bountiful Ridge is my "Home Course", though I claimed Lakeside last year.

I'd be down for a THP group outing, for sure.

I am not a big fan of Lakeside, although the driving range is literally 5 minutes from my home and practice there frequently. We are so lucky here to have many great municipal courses in such close proximity. Bountiful Ridge and Valley View are both as good as it gets for muni golf. Then, within 20 minutes either way you have Eaglewood, Lakeside, Davis Park, Glen Eagle and Sun Hills. Oakridge is not a super expensive country club, either.

I completely agree; I feel very fortunate for my geographical location. Because I'm in Bountiful, going to Eaglewood, Bountiful Ridge, or Lakeside are 5 minutes away from me, as well. If I want to go 15 minutes, I can make it to Rose Park, Glendale, Nibley, Forest Dale, Davis Park, and Valley View. Also, if you're looking for a great practice facility, Golf the Round on 700 west and 300 south just installed a Top Tracer Range. I also really like their chipping area and practice greens.

Back