Any of you ever play Round Valley in Morgan ? Wow, my new favorite course in Utah

Any of you ever play Round Valley in Morgan ? Wow, my new favorite course in Utah

nope...another gem is down in Payson...

http://gladstan.com

Fun course, starts off kind of bland, but the back 9 is VER fun mountain course!!!

I agree, very fun course and in my top 5 courses in Northern Utah.

1. Round Valley
2. Eagle Mountain
3. Overlake
4. Gladstan
5. Talons Cove
6. Hobble Creek
7. Soldier Hollow
8. Valley View
9. South Mountain
10. Toana Vista (wendover)

I agree, very fun course and in my top 5 courses in Northern Utah.

1. Round Valley
2. Eagle Mountain
3. Overlake
4. Gladstan
5. Talons Cove
6. Hobble Creek
7. Soldier Hollow
8. Valley View
9. South Mountain
10. Toana Vista (wendover)

Have not played those in bold...

I would say that my top 10 in Utah...

1- Glenwild
2- Tuhaye
3- Valley View
4- Sand Hollow
5- Gladstan
6-Thanksgiving Point (pre Web.com, course has not recovered)
7- Entrada @ Snow Canyon
8- Soldier Hollow (Silver)
9- Victory Ranch (couple gimmick holes though)
10- Would argue a good number fall into ties at top 10 worthy (Bountiful when in great shape, Promontory, Ledges,

just played Red Ledges today, VERY tough course, tough greens!!!

just played Red Ledges today, VERY tough course, tough greens!!!
Played there a few years ago. I agree, it was very tough, but man what a great course.

203b8067871b1ebbfb3ec3218774169f.jpg

I haven't played it as it is a private course. I would love to though. Any THPers have access and could help a brother out ?

I haven't played it as it is a private course. I would love to though. Any THPers have access and could help a brother out ?
I got in through a friend of a friend. Definitely don't miss it if you get an invite.

Played there a few years ago. I agree, it was very tough, but man what a great course.

203b8067871b1ebbfb3ec3218774169f.jpg

tee box, hole #1, nice shot...

Was playing with 3 buddies, and one was a PGA pro with a +4 hcp, the other two were 14/20 hcps' so we paired the 14 with me, and the +4 took the 20...We played best ball...I only had the 14/20 HCPs' knowledge of the course to lean on and what I could see...Definitely would have played the front differently if I had seen it before...(Shot 42/38)

Some holes have some "go for it" placements that are honestly easier than the lay up spots...as well as some funnels that clearly are designed into the course...

it is also a course where using a "slope" function on range finder would help a LOT!!!

The greens are NOT normal Jack design, these are designed by Jack in a BAD mood...the pin position is CRITICAL to know, but even if you don't know it, and can't hit that zone, it doesn't matter, your putting 3...the +4 with us had 3 4 putts...and he clearly had the game to land the zones, but some of the landing areas were under 60 sq. ft. and the bigger ones were 100 sq. ft.....Seriously have never seen Jack Greens like this...he must have really just been pissed off :)

for me the best part of the round was the final hole, all square, and the +4 got a lucky bounce over the sand trap and it shot him forward..I landed right of the traps, and had 171 into the elevated Pin, landed the landing zone, stopped ball 5' from pin, The +4 played next and had 142 to the elevated green (was more elevated where he ended up) and he landed just off the landing zone (missed by about 6") and he rolled away 20+ feet...My partner (the 14) landed across from me, and was about 9' from pin...missed his putt but was in for par...the +4 missed his putt but nestled it in close, and was tapping in for 4...the net win, was secured by the 14 (as the hole is 12th hcp hole) but I was not thinking about anything other than winning....

The drinks tasted great, and our team won, and let them serve us some nice beverages!!!

Is definitely the toughest course I have played in Utah, and one of the toughest courses I have ever played...

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'm in the Saratoga springs area. I play out of Talons Cove in Saratoga. If anyone wants to play out there or any of the surrounding courses let me know!

playing in Member Guest at Willow Creek for the next few days...Should be fun!!

Hey guys! I'm in the Saratoga springs area. I play out of Talons Cove in Saratoga. If anyone wants to play out there or any of the surrounding courses let me know!

Talons Cove in my top five. Saturday ?

anybody up for Talons Cove Saturday afternoon ? It is $30 if you have the PGA Book. text me and I'll get a tee time. 801-694-9015 david

anybody up for Talons Cove Saturday afternoon ? It is $30 if you have the PGA Book. text me and I'll get a tee time. 801-694-9015 david

sorry can't,

I don’t know if I can make Saturday work yet but I’d like to play with THPers soon. I like seeing more activity in this thread this year.

couple pics from Willow Creek Yesterday...

fullsizeoutput_1c7c.jpgIMG_3606.jpg

Anybody playing in the Eagle Mountain Amateur tomorrow ?

Anybody playing in the Eagle Mountain Amateur tomorrow ?

Sorry, no....Playing Hubbard in the Golf Week Amateur Tour event...

if you are best wishes!!!

Played Ranches yesterday to get ready. I dislike that course. They don't take care of it. Fairways were not in good shape and the greens were trash. And THAT'S why I shot a 95/93 (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Played Ranches yesterday to get ready. I dislike that course. They don't take care of it. Fairways were not in good shape and the greens were trash. And THAT'S why I shot a 95/93 (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

played there week or so ago for a scramble, scores were ludicrous....winning score was a 36....yes you read that right...

but course was beat up...layout is nice, just conditions get beat up, don't know if it is the terrain, or grounds crew??

played there week or so ago for a scramble, scores were ludicrous....winning score was a 36....yes you read that right...

but course was beat up...layout is nice, just conditions get beat up, don't know if it is the terrain, or grounds crew??

I'm trying to fathom a 36. Just teeing off is 18 strokes.....I call BS

I'm trying to fathom a 36. Just teeing off is 18 strokes.....I call BS

it took a TON of self control to not throw the towel in and say something...it is NOT possible!! If you don't get holes in one on every Par3 Where do you pick up the strokes? I am willing to bet really money that the top 4 players on the PGA tour could not shoot 36 if they played as a scramble with Rope, and 4 mulligans each...

it took a TON of self control to not throw the towel in and say something...it is NOT possible!! If you don't get holes in one on every Par3 Where do you pick up the strokes? I am willing to bet really money that the top 4 players on the PGA tour could not shoot 36 if they played as a scramble with Rope, and 4 mulligans each...
Yeah, the more I think of it, I think you should have said something to the organizers at least.

wasn't worth my breath... next 3 scores were equally ridiculous...40 and two at 41...

Back