When we lived in Durango, our favorite Eastern Utah course was the Hideout in Monticello. The Moab course was fun as well, but the Hideout was very special, in a slightly rustic way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am planning on getting the SLC golf pass today, or soon. The Double Eagle cost $1,700 and is good for one year at the six city courses: Bonneville, Mt. Dell, Rose Park, Glendale, Nibley and Forest Dale. All the golf you want, no restrictions on time of day. Walking only. If you get a cart, then you have to pay for that. I think you are required to get a cart at Mt. Dell Lake course.

Bonneville is a tough 18 hole walk, but I have done it. Anybody else planning on getting it ?

I had this pass few years ago and loved it! I’ve since joined a club (riverside) so won’t be buying it this year but if you live in SLC it’s a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we lived in Durango, our favorite Eastern Utah course was the Hideout in Monticello. The Moab course was fun as well, but the Hideout was very special, in a slightly rustic way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I’ve heard great things about hideout! I’m gonna try to play it this year.

I am planning on getting the SLC golf pass today, or soon. The Double Eagle cost $1,700 and is good for one year at the six city courses: Bonneville, Mt. Dell, Rose Park, Glendale, Nibley and Forest Dale. All the golf you want, no restrictions on time of day. Walking only. If you get a cart, then you have to pay for that. I think you are required to get a cart at Mt. Dell Lake course.

Bonneville is a tough 18 hole walk, but I have done it. Anybody else planning on getting it ?

Sounds like a great deal. However, I don't play SLC exclusively, so purchasing the pass isn't something that I feel I'd benefit from. I spend anywhere from $150-$200 at most monthly during the golf season, but that's also throughout the Salt Lake Valley (SLC, Salt Lake County, Davis, and Wasatch Back).

-Bishop

@#$%^ weather

Looks like the weather may be decent enough to get a round in tomorrow, and should be nice on Sunday. Looking forward to this rain yielding some lush fairways this season.

-Bishop

Just signed up for the Rose Park Pro AM May 11th. $75 Gross only for amateurs.

Played Cove View in Richfield yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. I was thinking it would be a goat track, but it is a good course, fairways are as good as they could be with the weather and the greens were good. Nice track. Shot an 87 from the whites (6,000 yards).

Returned from an awesome tournament in St. George on Sunday evening. I'd never played there previously, but couldn't have been more satisfied. The weather was almost perfect, other than some pretty harsh wind on Thursday night while playing Sand Hollow. We also played Sunbrook, The Ledges, Coral Canyon, and Southgate.

For those who haven't yet visited, we were able to get a weekday and twilight rate at Sand Hollow, and the views were worth every penny. The course was quite challenging, though. I also really loved Sunbrook, The Ledges, and Coral Canyon, as well. Southgate was very reminiscent of Bountiful Ridge.

We were able to get 10 guys into one of the Vacation Rentals at The Ledges resort. Very economical. I can't wait to get out again next year.

As far as my own personal performance, I was awful. Couldn't put more than two good shots together, and didn't break 90 all weekend. However, the company, weather, and scenery made it all worthwhile.

-Bishop

Last time I went to Coral Canyon, it was in total crap condition. The floods had ruined it, it was cart path only. This was in January. I guess it's gotten better....? Sand Hollow is the best course in Utah.

Sand Hollow is my favorite. I played Coral Canyon in March and it was in ok condition. I’m headed down again next weekend not sure where I am going to play yet

I really enjoyed Sand Hollow, and it was my favorite in St. George. However, Glenwild is my favorite course in Utah. The conditions are just superb, and the views are spectacular. I feel like Sand Hollow is more scenic, but Glenwild just edges by with the course condition.

-Bishop

Good deal at Mnt. Dell Lake course. Part of the course is closed (holes 11,12,13,16,17) so they charge you nine hole rate and you get to play 13 holes. It is in good shape. Mountain course is open, but busy.

Anybody playing Saturday in the Rose Park Pro Am ?

Anybody want to join me at Round Valley in Morgan Utah Thursday/Friday or Saturday May 16-18 ? Taking my wife to a Quilting Retreat up there. While she and her friends sit around quilting and complaining about their men, I'll be golfing 56 holes not caring.

If you have never golfed Round Valley, you are in for a treat.

Anybody up for a round of golf at Mnt. Dell Saturday ?

Going to be in St. George for the weekend. I do think we should plan a THP outing this summer.

Sounds good, I'll get the ball started. Let's do Mnt. Dell Mountain Course Saturday June 1st. Can I get three other commits ? I'll do the booking.

Sounds good, I'll get the ball started. Let's do Mnt. Dell Mountain Course Saturday June 1st. Can I get three other commits ? I'll do the booking.

Mt. Dell is a bit of a drive for me but I'll check my schedule to see if I can make that work. I can also get free foursomes at Thanksgiving Point if anyone is interested though that might be a drive from those up north.

Thanksgiving Point works for me, especially free. I picked Mnt. Dell just because I have the double eagle pass and it is free for me. FYI - I never golf well at T Point. High 90's if I'm on.

Playing Sky Mountain tomorrow (Wednesday) in the afternoon, if anybody wants to join me. text me 801-694-9015

Last edited:
I'll be in St. George Monday late afternoon if anybody wants to hook up at Sunbrook for 18.

Anybody for a round at Mnt. Dell tomorrow (Friday) afternoon ?

sorry back on forum again...hope all is well with all!!!

I had the opportunity to play Victory Ranch today! Wow- This is my new all time favorite course I have played and easily the best in Utah.

3c966eb07c08d0f2285c917ff16b0142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back